... Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
EatABaby

New

Post by EatABaby » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:50 pm

Last edited by EatABaby on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blsingindisguise

Silver

Re: 1L requesting 2L help.

Post by blsingindisguise » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:17 pm

Wow, 400 pages/wk for three classes sounds like a lot to me. Don't think I ever had that much -- do the profs actually cover it?

DO NOT USE OUTLINE DEPOT. Ideally you should use outlines from students at your school who had your respective profs. Usually you can meet such students by going to meetings of student groups. Many groups will have outline banks. The commercial case briefs might also help -- you could buy them as backup for the cases you can't finish.

EatABaby

New

Post by EatABaby » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:39 pm

blsingindisguise wrote:Wow, 400 pages/wk for three classes sounds like a lot to me. Don't think I ever had that much -- do the profs actually cover it?
Sorry for the confusion. I have 5 classes total that constitute the 400 pgs/wk. Unfortunately, the profs are new this year, and as far as outside student groups, I barely have time to manage personal life. There should be a box to check on the application that asks if you have kids and/or a business to maintain, just so they can forego the potential of imposing complete insanity.

blsingindisguise

Silver

Post by blsingindisguise » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:24 pm

I would say that doing half the reading for each class each week would be better than missing entire weeks of reading for any class. But if you're really pressed for time and aren't coming close, you can always make a good commercial outline like emmanuel's or gilberts your primary reading instead of a supplement -- just find something keyed to your casebook. I didn't do this, but I've met people who got good grades by mainly using commercial outlines. Keeping up with the material on some level is important even if you aren't getting everything at first. Don't fall out of the race.

As far as student groups, I don't know how it is at your school, but they usually don't take much. You show up at a meeting, no commitment, eat a free slice of pizza, etc. Talk to a few people, find out who's a 2L or 3L, and ask if they have an outline bank. No one will mind that you are asking -- everyone does this. Journals also usually have outline banks, but it's hard to know someone on a journal as a 1L.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”