seton hall part time Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
longroad

New

seton hall part time

Post by longroad » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:48 am

im a little confused...can you apply to seton hall part time day? it says its offered all over their website. but then i read something else on their website that says only evening? i wanted part time day, and it seemed like an option when i spoke with their office. i just dont want to call them again and again and make an a$$ of myself...any info would be sooo appreciated!

longroad

New

Re: seton hall part time

Post by longroad » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:18 am

dont know if anyone would want this info, but i really like seton hall and applied part time day. you can do part time day as a 1L and transfer to full time or do whatever you want. here is the link that allowed me to confirm what I thought was possible:

http://law.shu.edu/Students/academics/p ... iculum.cfm

hope this helps anyone out who may have viewed this topic

take care all and good luck!

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:28 am

You're seriously considering attending seton hall and talking about it in public. You already look like an ass.

160k for a job paying 35 to 60k... seems like a great idea..

longroad

New

Post by longroad » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:43 am

over 50 people viewed my original post, and no one responded. i was just trying to be helpful in case someone else was wondering the same thing as i was. you don't know anything about my situation, my life, where i am from etc. and i don't know what gave you the right to comment like that towards me. that was a very rude comment for no reason at all. maybe it made you feel better about yourself. i dont know and i dont care. i have worked very hard in my life to be applying to law school period. seton hall is not my only option, either. and although it gets slammed on this site, and other places, i know people who love it there and have done very well for themselves. i also think it is a fine school. i believe hard work pays off, just like it did for me when i was in undergrad, so where i go to school isn't going to make or break me 5 years after graduation. take care, hateful friend, and i hope slamming a school you have never taken classes at and a person who you have never met made you feel better about your life.

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:49 am

longroad wrote:over 50 people viewed my original post, and no one responded. i was just trying to be helpful in case someone else was wondering the same thing as i was. you don't know anything about my situation, my life, where i am from etc. and i don't know what gave you the right to comment like that towards me. that was a very rude comment for no reason at all. maybe it made you feel better about yourself. i dont know and i dont care. i have worked very hard in my life to be applying to law school period. seton hall is not my only option, either. and although it gets slammed on this site, and other places, i know people who love it there and have done very well for themselves. i also think it is a fine school. i believe hard work pays off, just like it did for me when i was in undergrad, so where i go to school isn't going to make or break me 5 years after graduation. take care, hateful friend, and i hope slamming a school you have never taken classes at and a person who you have never met made you feel better about your life.
hogwash.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

longroad

New

Post by longroad » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:53 am

alright man, you can't even be chill and apologize about it or say you didn't mean it like that or whatever. that was a rude comment, and you know it. furthermore, nothing i said in response to your thoughtless comment was hogwash. just get off your high horse. honestly, if i had the time and stats to go to HYS or a any t14, trust me, i would. but, i don't. that's why there are other schools out there...for people like me to go to and succeed in life. you had no business slamming someone out of the blue like that.

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:01 am

longroad wrote:alright man, you can't even be chill and apologize about it or say you didn't mean it like that or whatever. that was a rude comment, and you know it. furthermore, nothing i said in response to your thoughtless comment was hogwash. just get off your high horse. honestly, if i had the time and stats to go to HYS or a any t14, trust me, i would. but, i don't. that's why there are other schools out there...for people like me to go to and succeed in life. you had no business slamming someone out of the blue like that.
To which high horse are you referring? Please explain why you're a special snowflake?

llawguru

New

Post by llawguru » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:13 am

reasonable_man wrote: hogwash.

longroad

New

Post by longroad » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:15 am

haha solid. you put it all in perspective. take care all. we ALL have better things to do.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:17 am

llawguru wrote:
reasonable_man wrote: hogwash.

The law guru lol what are you a junior in college?

llawguru

New

Post by llawguru » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:33 am

reasonable_man wrote: The law guru lol what are you a junior in college?

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:48 am

You can keep posting pictures from the internet. It didn't address the question.

llawguru

New

Post by llawguru » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:34 am

reasonable_man wrote:You can keep posting pictures from the internet. It didn't address the question.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:41 pm

well done.. Any more?

llawguru

New

Post by llawguru » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:54 pm

reasonable_man wrote:well done.. Any more?

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:09 pm

llawguru wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:well done.. Any more?

Please. Keep them coming. You're hysterical.

thwalls

Bronze

Post by thwalls » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:14 pm

reasonable_man wrote:You're seriously considering attending seton hall and talking about it in public. You already look like an ass.

I'm interested, are you making + $100K a year? Do you have a job lined up after graduation? What law firm are you employed at?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:22 pm

thwalls wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:You're seriously considering attending seton hall and talking about it in public. You already look like an ass.

I'm interested, are you making + $100K a year? Do you have a job lined up after graduation? What law firm are you employed at?
I do not disclose the name of my employer on internet forums (because I was born at night; but not last night). If you'd like, you can contact OperaSoprano, or paratactical, both of whom know me beyond the confines of TLS and can vouch for my credentials. Generally speaking, my firm has about 80 attorneys in several offices in the NYC area. My practice includes products liability, commercial litigation, mass-tort defense/toxic torts, labor and employment and construction defects/accidents. My starting salary was not 100k, nor do I presently make 100k. However, should I choose to remain at my firm, 100k is typically obtainable within about 5 years.

llawguru

New

Post by llawguru » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:32 pm

reasonable_man wrote: I do not disclose the name of my employer on internet forums (because I was born at night; but not last night). If you'd like, you can contact OperaSoprano, or paratactical, both of whom know me beyond the confines of TLS and can vouch for my credentials. Generally speaking, my firm has about 80 attorneys in several offices in the NYC area. My practice includes products liability, commercial litigation, mass-tort defense/toxic torts, labor and employment and construction defects/accidents. My starting salary was not 100k, nor do I presently make 100k. However, should I choose to remain at my firm, 100k is typically obtainable within about 5 years.

publiusjr

New

Post by publiusjr » Fri May 14, 2010 11:09 am

why does the evening program at Seton Hall get such bad press? Everyone claims they pretty much take anyone who doesnt bomb the lsat or have a horrific gpa. Yet, their median GPA for Evening is still pretty good. Is this just people hating on Seton Hall? They are still top 100.

bobo11111111111

New

Post by bobo11111111111 » Fri May 14, 2010 2:51 pm

publiusjr wrote:why does the evening program at Seton Hall get such bad press? Everyone claims they pretty much take anyone who doesnt bomb the lsat or have a horrific gpa. Yet, their median GPA for Evening is still pretty good. Is this just people hating on Seton Hall? They are still top 100.
Well for starters, why not attend Rutgers Newark or Camden if you're from Jersey? The Seton Hall tuition is insane.

I agree that taking out 160k for a law school of Seton Hall's caliber is insane. Paying in-state tuition at Rutgers Newark or Camden is not ideal either, but I could see the motivation behind it.

I'm not a t14 or bust guy, because everybody's situation is different. But, when you get out in the real world, you begin to realize how much 60k or 120k really is. I would actually recommend most people do this before thinking about spending 160k on law school. Heck, that's another morgage payment.

I think that many people cheat themselves because they are in a big hurry to attend law school. Spend the extra time and get your lsat a little bit higher. If the numbers don't work out in your favor, maybe study something else. Law School is definately not the end all, and there are plenty of other professions to pursue.

Or maybe obtain a job at a fortunate 500 company, and have them pay for the law school in the area. Prestige of the law school then doesn't become a major factor because it isn't your $$$.

My point is that there are just a lot of other better options than spending 160k on Seton Hall.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”