Top 25 Schools with a holistic approach

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bilbobaggins

Re: Top 25 Schools with a holistic approach

Postby bilbobaggins » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:56 pm

I'm below 25th percentile for GPA at Berk and between median and 75th percentile for LSAT. I'm not a URM.

I would say that this is indicative that, at least in my case, a holistic approach was taken.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:47 pm

lol at the personal statement forum...

no such thing as a holistic approach, unless somehow the holistic approach is mostly correlated with numbers.

though Berkeley and UC Irvine seem to be two exceptions

billyez

Postby billyez » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:03 pm

I think it's funny that folks have debated for three pages about whether schools have a holistic process or not, but have failed to give a clear definition of what a "holistic admission process" is.

Also, someone noted the 160 3.0 person who got in UVA a while ago - those numbers are fudged, check out the profile.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:07 pm

billyez wrote:I think it's funny that folks have debated for three pages about whether schools have a holistic process or not, but have failed to give a clear definition of what a "holistic admission process" is.

Also, someone noted the 160 3.0 person who got in UVA a while ago - those numbers are fudged, check out the profile.

The holistic approach gives weight to all the other things on the application outside of LSAC gpa and LSAT.

Work experience, personal statement, background (except for URMs), community service etc...

aka "Soft factors" aka the shit that's completely ignored

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”