Do you have to list other law schools you are applying to? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
AW1

New

Do you have to list other law schools you are applying to?

Post by AW1 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:55 pm

How thoroughly do I have to list the other law schools I am applying to? Some applications mention adding an addendum for the full list. This seems superfulous to me. What do other applicants usually do? I'm basically applying to all schools at once, so no applied to date yet either.

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Re: Do you have to list other law schools you are applying to?

Post by D. H2Oman » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:56 pm

AW1 wrote:How thoroughly do I have to list the other law schools I am applying to? Some applications mention adding an addendum for the full list. This seems superfulous to me. What do other applicants usually do? I'm basically applying to all schools at once, so no applied to date yet either.
just do what they say

lstoller

New

Post by lstoller » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:59 pm

i absolutely refused to answer that on Santa Clara Law's app. I left it blank and if they don't accept me...well i dont give a shi*t

libraryphobe

New

Post by libraryphobe » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:45 am

Last edited by libraryphobe on Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lawman335

Bronze

Post by lawman335 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:46 am

I dont think u need to mention that...........

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

newyorker88

Silver

Post by newyorker88 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:18 am

I left that section blank on all of my apps.

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:23 am

AW1 wrote:How thoroughly do I have to list the other law schools I am applying to? Some applications mention adding an addendum for the full list. This seems superfulous to me. What do other applicants usually do? I'm basically applying to all schools at once, so no applied to date yet either.
WUSTL??? I didn't, I just put 6.

jayn3

Silver

Post by jayn3 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:24 am

villanova asked for it, i was wondering. is it YP? i thought it was rather douchey/unnecessary for them to ask

TTTennis

Bronze

Post by TTTennis » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:41 am

Cupidity wrote:
You should list the schools you have applied to. I've talked to adcomms and have a friend who spoke to people at the ABA and they can, and sometimes will, check whether or not you lied. Both said it is highly unlikely, it mostly depends on if the school or ABA wants to make an issue about it, but it would be a pretty crappy thing to go through three years of school only to fail the C & F section when it came time to take the bar. FWIW, I applied to Seattle U (they ask for this info) and at the time had only applied to a couple schools, but told them I was thinking of applying to others, however, I wasn't completely positive about which ones. They said I only needed to list the schools I've already applied to (or was absolutely positive I was applying to) and that I did not need to update them if I applied to more.

I realize this is hardly concrete advice (and am sure I will get slammed by someone saying "this says nothing useful), but thats my opinion on the matter.

MURPH

Silver

Post by MURPH » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:15 am

cdd_04 wrote:
Cupidity wrote:
You should list the schools you have applied to. I've talked to adcomms and have a friend who spoke to people at the ABA and they can, and sometimes will, check whether or not you lied. Both said it is highly unlikely, it mostly depends on if the school or ABA wants to make an issue about it, but it would be a pretty crappy thing to go through three years of school only to fail the C & F section when it came time to take the bar. FWIW, I applied to Seattle U (they ask for this info) and at the time had only applied to a couple schools, but told them I was thinking of applying to others, however, I wasn't completely positive about which ones. They said I only needed to list the schools I've already applied to (or was absolutely positive I was applying to) and that I did not need to update them if I applied to more.

I realize this is hardly concrete advice (and am sure I will get slammed by someone saying "this says nothing useful), but thats my opinion on the matter.
One school I applied to asked "what other law schools have you applied to" So i answered by stating the schools that I already submitted my applications for. I did not include schools for which I had not yet applied even if I knew I was going to apply to them. It is honest and the correct answer to the question the way it was worded.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”