Congrats to Hofstra on the lowest bar pass rate in NY for 09

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
reasonable_man

Congrats to Hofstra on the lowest bar pass rate in NY for 09

Postby reasonable_man » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:50 pm

http://www.ilrg.com/rankings/law/index.php/3/asc/State

Yet another strong year at Hofstra Law!

wired

Re: Congrats to Hofstra on the lowest bar pass rate in NY for 09

Postby wired » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:55 pm

You know, I feel since you're being a little condescending toward Hofstra, it might be a good idea to condescendingly point out that Howard had the worst bar passage rate, not Hofstra.

Pankun

Postby Pankun » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:55 pm

Looks like Howard is even lower ...

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:56 pm

wired wrote:You know, I feel since you're being a little condescending toward Hofstra, it might be a good idea to condescendingly point out that Howard had the worst bar passage rate, not Hofstra.

I had no idea the moved Howard to New York! Wow! You learn something new everyday!

Leeroy Jenkins

Postby Leeroy Jenkins » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:57 pm

reasonable man I <3 u

every time i see you made a post i know i will read it and it will make me laugh.

Anonymous Loser

Postby Anonymous Loser » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:58 pm

Wow. Check out Western State.

Postby 98234872348 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:58 pm

I wonder how those 92% of people employed got jobs without passing the bar... hmmmm

Columbia Law

Postby Columbia Law » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:59 pm

Idiots.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:04 pm

Columbia Law wrote:Idiots.

I'm all about simplicity. But care to elaborate?

Leeroy Jenkins

Postby Leeroy Jenkins » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:05 pm

reasonable_man wrote:

His screen name is "Columbia Law". I believe the facts speak for themselves.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:09 pm

Lxw wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:

His screen name is "Columbia Law". I believe the facts speak for themselves.

LOL. I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt.. I yield to you on this one kind sir.

DavidYurman85

Postby DavidYurman85 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:17 pm

wired wrote:You know, I feel since you're being a little condescending toward Hofstra, it might be a good idea to condescendingly point out that Howard had the worst bar passage rate, not Hofstra.

I was at the VA bar ceremony and I swear only five people from Howard were present. Maybe the rest had other plans...

wired

Postby wired » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:46 pm

reasonable_man wrote:

I had no idea the moved Howard to New York! Wow! You learn something new everyday!

Ahem. Subject line reads, "Congrats to Hofstra on the lowest bar pass rate in NY for 09." Your subject is ambiguous as to what "in NY" refers. Is the bar pass rate in NY or is Hofstra in NY. It is ambiguous at best. Coupled with the link you gave - which gives bar pass rates by state, I feel justified in my assumption on your statement.

goosey

Postby goosey » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:31 pm

wired wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:

Ahem. Subject line reads, "Congrats to Hofstra on the lowest bar pass rate in NY for 09." Your subject is ambiguous as to what "in NY" refers. Is the bar pass rate in NY or is Hofstra in NY. It is ambiguous at best. Coupled with the link you gave - which gives bar pass rates by state, I feel justified in my assumption on your statement.

hmm...in either case, it didnt make sense to mention howard.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:35 pm

wired wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:

You're so smart! Your mom must be very proud.
Last edited by reasonable_man on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 98234872348 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:48 pm

goosey wrote:hmm...in either case, it didnt make sense to mention howard.

Of data compiled of students who took the bar in NY, Howard had the lowest rate of any school.

Clearly Hofstra is TCR, though, since I doubt more than a handful of Howard grads actually take the NY bar...

nycparalegal

Postby nycparalegal » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:55 pm

Unbelievable!!! How is it that Hofstra's bar passage rate is worse than Touro?

wired

Postby wired » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:59 pm

reasonable_man wrote:
wired wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:

You're so smart! Your mom must be very proud.

+1. Thanks.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:00 pm

nycparalegal wrote:Unbelievable!!! How is it that Hofstra's bar passage rate is worse than Touro?

Touro, as big of a piece a shit school as it is, tends to, at least, attract hard working people (usually with low LSAT scores). These people study correctly for the bar and get it done.

I did my Pieper review for the NY bar at Hofstra. I've never encountered a bigger group of mommy-daddy spolied, spikey-haired, orange-skinned idiots in my entire life. Kids would show up to class infrequently, miss entire portions of lectures, fail to hand in essays for marking... It was insane. I'm not shocked at all that their bar pass rate is the worst of ALL THE SCHOOLS IN NY STATE.

Cleareyes

Postby Cleareyes » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:28 pm

To be fair, it's not like -3.4% below average is all that shocking.

How the hell is Western State still accredited?

Surprisingly their career development webpage (LinkRemoved) has words other than "Abandon hope all ye who enter here" on it.

No offense to anyone who might go there, but that bar passage rate shocks the conscience.

S de Garmeaux

Postby S de Garmeaux » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:31 pm

and congratulations to Hofstra for dropping their ncaa football program

let/them/eat/cake

Postby let/them/eat/cake » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:33 pm

wired wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:

this epitomizes why law school students are some of the douchiest people you'll ever meet. Well i guess not why, but it does speak to the method by which the express their douchetastic nature. and, for good measure, you, sir, are a throat-clearing douche.

SteelReserve

Postby SteelReserve » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:44 pm

I did my Pieper review for the NY bar at Hofstra. I've never encountered a bigger group of mommy-daddy spolied, spikey-haired, orange-skinned idiots in my entire life. Kids would show up to class infrequently, miss entire portions of lectures, fail to hand in essays for marking... It was insane. I'm not shocked at all that their bar pass rate is the worst of ALL THE SCHOOLS IN NY STATE.

I have never seen a more unprofessional school in my life! I visited a girl at Hofstra (during my undergrad days), so I decided to go into the law school with her to check it out. I said I was interested in applying.

I look into a classroom and I would say at least 50% of the guys in the class were wearing baseball caps, some at angles other than straight forward.

I was mortified and never looked back.

anabombforarod

Postby anabombforarod » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:49 pm

let/them/eat/cake wrote:
wired wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:

this epitomizes why law school students are some of the douchiest people you'll ever meet. Well i guess not why, but it does speak to the method by which the express their douchetastic nature. and, for good measure, you, sir, are a throat-clearing douche.

I agree. Wired is a completely dbag. If he is this douchy now I can't even imagine how douchy he will be once he actually starts law school.

wired

Postby wired » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:51 pm

Oh trust me, it will be up there.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”