Secondary Schools on the LSAC's Common Information Form

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MisterChase

Secondary Schools on the LSAC's Common Information Form

Postby MisterChase » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:58 am

How did you good folks do your "Secondary Schools" on the LSAC's online applications?

To my understanding, "Secondary Schools" refer to High School or other forms of compulsory education. But the Secondary Schools section on the Common Information form has entries that pertain to degree-granting institutions. Either my understanding is incorrect or inaccurate, or the LSAC's online application is just poorly designed. I'm fairly sure which is more likely, but this is certainly an important and pivotal process -- one that I would like to complete with perfection. And that means zero mistakes. :)

Whatisthis

Re: Secondary Schools on the LSAC's Common Information Form

Postby Whatisthis » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:22 am

It refers to your high school. The common forms are only good for your name and basic info.

jamesieee

Postby jamesieee » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:11 pm

Bump. So I just leave the Major Category and Major fields blank and put "High School Diploma" for the Degree field? It seems odd that LSAC would have such fields if it's meant for high school. But maybe I'm just getting paranoid. Did anyone not put their high schools at all?

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:15 pm

jamesieee wrote:Bump. So I just leave the Major Category and Major fields blank and put "High School Diploma" for the Degree field? It seems odd that LSAC would have such fields if it's meant for high school. But maybe I'm just getting paranoid. Did anyone not put their high schools at all?

You are paranoid, they want your high school. The reason they have those categories is that all the applications have them. Thus they need a place holder.

JDO

Postby JDO » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:21 am

There are applications that do not allow editing in the "Major" section for high school but do allow editing for "degree" and "degree date." I'm filling in N/A for both sections... or I could write "diploma" and "06/xx."

JDO

Postby JDO » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:23 am

... so my question is the same, should I put Diploma in the degree field?

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:19 pm

Last edited by MrPapagiorgio on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trudat15

Postby trudat15 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:51 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:BUMP--Please answer..thanks!

From what I understand, the Common Info Form is just a form that law schools never see. It's a place for you to fill in your information, so that when you go to the primary applications for each school, they will autopopulate with whatever is in your CIF. I think they are actually more of a pain than anything, as I always see things edited wrong in my school apps that got transferred over from the CIF. So I wouldnt worry about it too much.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”