Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby MC Southstar » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:34 pm

Look at Rutgers' and you'll cry.

User avatar
Mroberts3
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby Mroberts3 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:38 pm

mountaintime wrote:Those that ask about what I've been charged with instead of what I've been convicted of.


I was so angry about this that I almost didn't apply to these schools (and I've never even been arrested in my life). LAW schools asking about charges and not convictions, what is the world coming to?

User avatar
dextermorgan
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:37 am

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby dextermorgan » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:42 pm

sundevil77 wrote:They want to know all the dates I've been out of the state over the last year and for what reason. All I put was..."10-15 days, vacation and personal reasons." If they want more info than that, they can screw themselves.


:shock: I've been out of state ~70 times this year.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby MC Southstar » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:44 pm

Mroberts3 wrote:
mountaintime wrote:Those that ask about what I've been charged with instead of what I've been convicted of.


I was so angry about this that I almost didn't apply to these schools (and I've never even been arrested in my life). LAW schools asking about charges and not convictions, what is the world coming to?


It's stupid because getting arrested for something you were acquitted for still looks bad on your record. Plus cops are assholes who don't know shit about following the law.

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby superflush » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:46 pm

dextermorgan wrote:
sundevil77 wrote:They want to know all the dates I've been out of the state over the last year and for what reason. All I put was..."10-15 days, vacation and personal reasons." If they want more info than that, they can screw themselves.


:shock: I've been out of state ~70 times this year.


WHAT. Who's application is that????
An application for a Russian Visa doesn't even ask that much!!!

User avatar
Zojirushi
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby Zojirushi » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:47 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:It's stupid because getting arrested for something you were acquitted for still looks bad on your record. Plus cops are assholes who don't know shit about following the law.

Great attitude for a soon to be lawyer.

User avatar
Mroberts3
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby Mroberts3 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:47 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:
Mroberts3 wrote:
mountaintime wrote:Those that ask about what I've been charged with instead of what I've been convicted of.


I was so angry about this that I almost didn't apply to these schools (and I've never even been arrested in my life). LAW schools asking about charges and not convictions, what is the world coming to?


It's stupid because getting arrested for something you were acquitted for still looks bad on your record. Plus cops are assholes who don't know shit about following the law.


My point exactly. The real reason for your arrest could easily be "driving while black south of the Mason-Dixon line" but the Adcomm can't know that. They just see an arrest and your app drops a few points. Further what would you say in your addendum? You either have the call the cops liars or admit to something (even if you didn't do it).

User avatar
dextermorgan
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:37 am

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby dextermorgan » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:51 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:Look at Rutgers' and you'll cry.

List all housework? Seriously?

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby superflush » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:03 pm

dextermorgan wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:Look at Rutgers' and you'll cry.

List all housework? Seriously?


Meaning work that you have done on your house? huh?

User avatar
Foozle
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby Foozle » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:10 pm

superflush wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:Look at Rutgers' and you'll cry.

List all housework? Seriously?


Meaning work that you have done on your house? huh?

Haha, you should put this down, like:

"May 25th: put up drywall"

mkr5u
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby mkr5u » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:14 pm

RMstratosphere wrote:I completely dropped Connecticut because they wanted supporting depositions and police records for my two speeding tickets.

Considering saying eff UNC because of the needless essays involved.


I'm switching my residency to Virginia from Connecticut by working two years in D.C. just to avoid goddamn UConn application. I never went to court for any of the speeding tickets I've ever gotten--I just paid the fine.

Ok, I'm switching to Virginia for other reasons. Mainly three in-state schools with which to apply versus only one.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11725
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby kalvano » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:44 pm

The UConn application is a pain in the ass. Especially their damned specific essay.

But they are really high on my list of schools....grrr. :x



I did call and ask. Minor traffic stuff (and I was specific - speeding tickets, expired registration, things like that), I was told they DO NOT want all the supporting documents.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby MC Southstar » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:47 pm

Zojirushi wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:It's stupid because getting arrested for something you were acquitted for still looks bad on your record. Plus cops are assholes who don't know shit about following the law.

Great attitude for a soon to be lawyer.


There's a reason cops hate lawyers. It's because lawyers know what cops should be doing, and they don't. This is a wild overstatement, but I live in a town full of crooked cops who like to stretch the law to bust "criminals" (your kids).

User avatar
soullesswonder
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby soullesswonder » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:16 am

shadowfrost000 wrote:
Zojirushi wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:It's stupid because getting arrested for something you were acquitted for still looks bad on your record. Plus cops are assholes who don't know shit about following the law.

Great attitude for a soon to be lawyer.


There's a reason cops hate lawyers. It's because lawyers know what cops should be doing, and they don't. This is a wild overstatement, but I live in a town full of crooked cops who like to stretch the law to bust "criminals" (your kids).


I get what you're saying, but both sides have their reasons. I've heard ex-cops complain about gang members who keep getting probation just b/c prosecutors want to keep their caseload to a minimum.

User avatar
Zojirushi
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby Zojirushi » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:32 am

My point was to avoid broad generalizations, especially those full of disrespect.
Last edited by Zojirushi on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby MC Southstar » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:37 am

Zojirushi wrote:My point was too avoid broad generalizations, especially those full of disrespect.


I apologize. There are some cases in which criminal's rights are certainly overwrought, and others in which law enforcement has been overzealous. I wouldn't be too quick to go either way, it's just in my personal experience that policemen aren't really the most law abiding people.

User avatar
mountaintime
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby mountaintime » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:01 pm

.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby Knock » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:54 pm

Despite a bad thread necromancy, I just want to agree with all these complaints. C'mon law schools, you can do better than this. I am not impressed.

User avatar
Eugenie Danglars
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:24 pm

keg411 wrote:
HWS08 wrote:So far I hate Northeastern because I think their optional essay topics are lame, but I still feel like I should do one because I need a safety in Boston.


Northeastern got dropped because of those optional essays (and also because it was the most expensive school I was applying to). While I'm sure it's a fun city, I don't need to go to Boston.


Where are you guys getting the Northeastern application? I didn't see it on LSAC or their website...I'm have the app for the PI scholarship, but not the admissions one.

User avatar
Knock
Posts: 5152
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby Knock » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:29 pm

Eugenie Danglars wrote:
keg411 wrote:
HWS08 wrote:So far I hate Northeastern because I think their optional essay topics are lame, but I still feel like I should do one because I need a safety in Boston.


Northeastern got dropped because of those optional essays (and also because it was the most expensive school I was applying to). While I'm sure it's a fun city, I don't need to go to Boston.


Where are you guys getting the Northeastern application? I didn't see it on LSAC or their website...I'm have the app for the PI scholarship, but not the admissions one.


This thread is old, I think that was from last cycle.

Burger in a can
Posts: 1116
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:21 pm

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby Burger in a can » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:44 pm

Knockglock wrote:
This thread is old, I think that was from last cycle.


Yeah it is.

User avatar
Eugenie Danglars
Posts: 2353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:44 pm

Knockglock wrote:This thread is old, I think that was from last cycle.


Lol thanks. RC fail.

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby JJDancer » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:16 pm

Fordham wants to know all other law schools I'm applying to ... all 16 of them...and which dates I plan on applying to them...and disposition if available. And where I plan on taking the Bar exam.

User avatar
MrAdams
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby MrAdams » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:34 am

JJDancer wrote:Fordham wants to know all other law schools I'm applying to ... all 16 of them...and which dates I plan on applying to them...and disposition if available. And where I plan on taking the Bar exam.


Pfft, seems like a 'gauge where he might be accepted and throw/do not throw scholarship money as appropriate' section.

revolution724
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:16 am

Re: Which schools have the most annoying application forms?

Postby revolution724 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:44 am

I gave up on my William & Mary application because I mainly started it out of nostalgia, and then hit the extra essay questions. If the purpose was to weed out people who weren't completely interested in attending the school, it worked.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BigBear, Bing [Bot], christinaxcarrie, ctl95, mav1993, MSNbot Media, ND2018 and 7 guests