ozarkhack wrote:When I made the call to re-take, I e-mailed all my schools and requested a hold pending DecLSAT.
I was "under review" in several cases and complete in just about all of them. But everybody told me they'll gladly wait and pull my score when it's ready (except for the ones who've been spotty with communication the whole time, and I'm assuming I'm fine there, and even if not, they're mostly safeties anyway).
You should not assume they'll get the score without your heads up (though surely they can w/o your go-ahead). As has been said, we're talking thousands of apps — Hell, Hastings told me they might actually forget to pull my new score anyway, warning me that there are no guarantees.
That said, if you're worried about bombing and can't overcome your nerves, then maybe you shouldn't re-take. ... But buck up. You've taken it once and know what it entails, and you should be fine. If you're good enough for American ED with your current score, then you'll be good enough for American, regular-style, when you nab those extra points on Dec. 5.
I don't know if I am good enough for American ED with my current score. I was hoping for a miracle. I was hoping to get at least one acceptance BEFORE December 5 to calm my nerves. Now I'm nervous as hell again and I am not going to be able to perform well on the exam. I thought if I could go into the exam knowing it doesn't matter, and if I have at least one acceptance to somewhere (a lower ranking school than American, and I was hoping American would've given me a decision by then), then MAYBE I'd be able to do better. But now that I feel that schools might wait, I don't know if I can do better. I haven't put much effort into studying since September 26. I just feel utterly screwed now and I really don't know what to do. What would you do if you were me? I hope I haven't screwed over my chances at American...