Question about Wake app?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
charcop

Question about Wake app?

Postby charcop » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:22 am

Does Wake Forest have ED?

I ask because I thought they didnt either.... and then I saw the application last night and theres a box to check on the first page for "Early Decision Program"
Last edited by charcop on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

missvik218

Re: Question about Wake app?

Postby missvik218 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:23 am

No.

Edit: Huh, that's weird ... there is nothing about an ED program on their website.

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:54 am

Found it in their Law School Instructions Checklist:

"Early Decision Program

The Early Decision process is appropriate mostly for applicants who have made the decision that WFU is their first choice of law schools. These candidates do not plan to compare financial aid offers when making a decision where to matriculate. Applications must be completed and submitted no later than November 30, 2009. This means that all documents including 2 letters of recommendation and your transcripts have been submitted to LSAC's Credential Assembly Service. Early decision candidates will know their status no later than January 8, 2010.

If admitted to Wake Law as an Early Decision candidate, you will be required to commit to Wake Forest Law in writing on or before February 1, withdrawing all applications to other law schools and refraining from the submission of any applications after that date. A $300 deposit must be received by February 1, 2010 in order to confirm your commitment. A financial aid award may be included in your initial offer.

Some early decision candidates may be held for later review in the regular admission cycle. We will let you know a decision on or before April 1."

wackjickham

Postby wackjickham » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:24 pm

Check out this email I just got from Wake:

Wake Forest University School of Law is excited to begin our new Early Decision Program. Because the program was implemented after your application, we'd like to give you the opportunity to choose this option. Below you will find information on the program. If this sounds like the right choice for you, please email Jenny Hutcherson at hutcheja@wfu.edu to let her know you would like to be considered. Please email or call with any questions.

Thank you!

[ED information here]

Considering I submitted my application last weekend, I would say this ED program is VERY new.

splitterhopeful

Postby splitterhopeful » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:37 am

Sorry to bump an old thread, but does this still exist? I cannot find it anywhere.

maine08080

Postby maine08080 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:53 pm

splitterhopeful wrote:Sorry to bump an old thread, but does this still exist? I cannot find it anywhere.

Based on these:

--LinkRemoved--

--LinkRemoved--

I would confidently say no. Even if Wake had ED, I still wouldn't do it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”