Seriously

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby paratactical » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:49 pm

.
Last edited by paratactical on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:51 pm

OP if you are truly ambitious, read the complete works of Dosteovsky, Ayn Rand, and James Joyce (for bonus points you could write a thesis on Gravity's Rainbow). Then you will truly be a good reader.

User avatar
Gaius
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:47 pm

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby Gaius » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:51 pm

Brownadam26 wrote:If your're seriously not in the mood to settle or if you didn't settle on not being a coorporate lawyer please read.

I'm currently a junior, motivated, ambitious and have time. Time is precious to those who don't have much money, therefore I'm planning on my future presently. I'm predicted the economy, and the probability of what coorporations are seeking. The generic description was that they're going to hire a student after his/her second year of law school, and the best (145,000 starting) coorporations said they're offering clerkships. These clerkships sometimes involve students to venture overseas or a summer under an a current associate.

All that shit sounds good. However reality kicked in and I noticed I had no idea of wtf I'd have to really do. All I know is its going to require good grades. So I called an the director of hiring at Alston-Bird and found out a few things. They're looking for someone who writes for a law journal, someone who writes law reviews and that leverage juxtaposing good grades will get you this clerkship. Finally after law school your chances of hired are greater.

Say what you want about me, I have a 2.5 and the aforemention class rank of junior. I'm going to take the LSAT and I'm going to get have a really high score because I will be good at reading. I said will because at this moment I only study school work (history & poly sci major) and I believe to become a good candidate i'd have to know a wider variety of books. So i'm not a good reader until I have lots and lots of philosophy books and what naught (long reading list) under my belt.

I'm asking you smart asses because you know everything whether or not my approach is valid. Please note :) i have internship experience already at a law firm in town and I am currently working part time.(tenacity). Tell me what schools I need to be applying to, before I look like an idiot again and call another big law firm asking "what school you want me to go to". Tell me where to apply you guys and help me out. Please note i'm also goign to speak to the local paper to boost my writing skills more to improve my chances on the antecedently mention hiring process I.E law journal and review. I better have some good responses and educated responses after i'm off work ... you have until 8.



Good flame but you go too far in the bolded areas. You gave it away.

awesomepossum
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 12:49 am

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby awesomepossum » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:51 pm

if this was longer it could be the new FOB

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby YCrevolution » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:51 pm

..

User avatar
PatMoore05
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:21 am

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby PatMoore05 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:53 pm

Dude, I figured I better hurry up and give you an answer b/c 8:00 is creeping up and I don't want to miss the deadline. Are you an international student OP?

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby YCrevolution » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:55 pm

..

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby oneforship » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:01 pm

This made me lol.

Brownadam26 wrote:Yeah i'm totally overgeneralizing.
However it was to enlighten and YES BI$$$ I SAY WTF I WANT AND WTF COMEs TO MY HEAD ;) *get off my D***)

06072010
Posts: 1468
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:30 pm

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby 06072010 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:05 pm

Once again anna pavlova has read my mind and posted it.

User avatar
invictus
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:10 am

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby invictus » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:35 pm

what is this i dont even

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby Kohinoor » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:43 pm

Ran here. OP is gonna be back in a few hours, then you guys are fucked.

User avatar
Lmao Zedong
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby Lmao Zedong » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:45 pm

i read the first couple lines of that long quoted thing a couple posts above - is it intended to be the worst advice possible, like the opposite of good advice?

also, is it some sort of parody of that "ladies and gentlemen, wear sunscreen" song?

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby paratactical » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:49 pm

.
Last edited by paratactical on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bchereicome
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:18 pm

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby bchereicome » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:00 pm

Brownadam26 wrote:If your're seriously not in the mood to settle or if you didn't settle on not being a coorporate lawyer please read.

I'm currently a junior, motivated, ambitious and have time. Time is precious to those who don't have much money, therefore I'm planning on my future presently. I'm predicted the economy, and the probability of what coorporations are seeking. The generic description was that they're going to hire a student after his/her second year of law school, and the best (145,000 starting) coorporations said they're offering clerkships. These clerkships sometimes involve students to venture overseas or a summer under an a current associate.

All that shit sounds good. However reality kicked in and I noticed I had no idea of wtf I'd have to really do. All I know is its going to require good grades. So I called an the director of hiring at Alston-Bird and found out a few things. They're looking for someone who writes for a law journal, someone who writes law reviews and that leverage juxtaposing good grades will get you this clerkship. Finally after law school your chances of hired are greater.

Say what you want about me, I have a 2.5 and the aforemention class rank of junior. I'm going to take the LSAT and I'm going to get have a really high score because I will be good at reading. I said will because at this moment I only study school work (history & poly sci major) and I believe to become a good candidate i'd have to know a wider variety of books. So i'm not a good reader until I have lots and lots of philosophy books and what naught (long reading list) under my belt.

I'm asking you smart asses because you know everything whether or not my approach is valid. Please note :) i have internship experience already at a law firm in town and I am currently working part time.(tenacity). Tell me what schools I need to be applying to, before I look like an idiot again and call another big law firm asking "what school you want me to go to". Tell me where to apply you guys and help me out. Please note i'm also goign to speak to the local paper to boost my writing skills more to improve my chances on the antecedently mention hiring process I.E law journal and review. I better have some good responses and educated responses after i'm off work ... you have until 8.



you're a dumbass...

User avatar
starlight007
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:16 pm

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby starlight007 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:04 pm

Uh Oh...countdown 'til 8.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby oneforship » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:05 pm

starlight007 wrote:Uh Oh...countdown 'til 8.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:


Is this going to be 8 Eastern time? Central? West coast? This is important information, OP.

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby paratactical » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:09 pm

.
Last edited by paratactical on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TheLuckyOne
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:00 pm

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby TheLuckyOne » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:26 pm

Thales wrote:Is it just me, or is this OP completely incomprehensible?


That was the first thing I though of :lol:

User avatar
starlight007
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:16 pm

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby starlight007 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:29 pm

oneforship wrote:
starlight007 wrote:Uh Oh...countdown 'til 8.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:


Is this going to be 8 Eastern time? Central? West coast? This is important information, OP.


Word.

Although it would be pretty funny if OP comes on with another rant saying we better have responses when he wakes up at 6am.

User avatar
Jones, Dow
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:42 pm

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby Jones, Dow » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:43 pm

Forgive me; I've been away for a while. But what happened to the fob post. I couldn't find it anywhere.

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby oneforship » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:48 pm

Jones, Dow wrote:Forgive me; I've been away for a while. But what happened to the fob post. I couldn't find it anywhere.


paratactical wrote:
oneforship wrote:
Damn, I thought for sure this would be the FOB post when I saw para had posted here.


The mods delete it every time it gets posted.

User avatar
prezidentv8
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby prezidentv8 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:06 pm

Brownadam26 wrote:If your're seriously not in the mood to settle or if you didn't settle on not being a coorporate lawyer please read.

I'm currently a junior, motivated, ambitious and have time. Time is precious to those who don't have much money, therefore I'm planning on my future presently. I'm predicted the economy, and the probability of what coorporations are seeking. The generic description was that they're going to hire a student after his/her second year of law school, and the best (145,000 starting) coorporations said they're offering clerkships. These clerkships sometimes involve students to venture overseas or a summer under an a current associate.

All that shit sounds good. However reality kicked in and I noticed I had no idea of wtf I'd have to really do. All I know is its going to require good grades. So I called an the director of hiring at Alston-Bird and found out a few things. They're looking for someone who writes for a law journal, someone who writes law reviews and that leverage juxtaposing good grades will get you this clerkship. Finally after law school your chances of hired are greater.

Say what you want about me, I have a 2.5 and the aforemention class rank of junior. I'm going to take the LSAT and I'm going to get have a really high score because I will be good at reading. I said will because at this moment I only study school work (history & poly sci major) and I believe to become a good candidate i'd have to know a wider variety of books. So i'm not a good reader until I have lots and lots of philosophy books and what naught (long reading list) under my belt.

I'm asking you smart asses because you know everything whether or not my approach is valid. Please note :) i have internship experience already at a law firm in town and I am currently working part time.(tenacity). Tell me what schools I need to be applying to, before I look like an idiot again and call another big law firm asking "what school you want me to go to". Tell me where to apply you guys and help me out. Please note i'm also goign to speak to the local paper to boost my writing skills more to improve my chances on the antecedently mention hiring process I.E law journal and review. I better have some good responses and educated responses after i'm off work ... you have until 8.


I feel like you're also a Princess of an African country I've never heard of who wants me to give you my credit card number so that you can deposit a gawillion dollars in my bank account.

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: Seriously Not in The Mood

Postby paratactical » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:12 pm

.
Last edited by paratactical on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brownadam26
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:33 am

Re:

Postby Brownadam26 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:03 pm

disregard
Last edited by Brownadam26 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brownadam26
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:33 am

disregard

Postby Brownadam26 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:04 pm

disregard
Last edited by Brownadam26 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Earlskies and 4 guests