Decided against LS... Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
LawandOrder

Silver

Re: Decided against LS...

Post by LawandOrder » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:24 pm

GATORTIM wrote:
wolfpack-avvocato wrote: Man, you are bitter about something involving him. I still don't see how "All cats are like this to my knowledge. They aren't loyal like dogs are. Cats do what they wanna do and can't be bothered to come when you call them unless they know they will get fed" somehow translates to said "doom n' gloom rants" and how his dogs>cats post is a "method of self-fulfillment that appeases his inner-regret" :lol: but whatever, if it makes sense to you than so be it.
Observational: Not bitter, I was not stating that his post stood alone as a reflection of his existence on TLS. If you read the post-history and take in to consideration that this poster is not an attorney, applicant or student, it makes little sense that one would continue to be such an active poster on TLS (a site dedicated those with an interest in LS) with the motive to "just hang around for the lulz and to crush other people's unrealistic dreams, before they make a mistake."
When I was interested in law, and I still am interested, I just know that it's not the right path for me right now, I came here and found a community that is more than about LS. Check out the lounge. Every good community has its general discussion area, and since I had already been here for awhile, there is no reason to leave and not shoot the shit with other posters.

I also post in other threads to share my opinions with those who are contemplating law school and I use my reasons for choosing not to apply. Because this is a message board where people come to share their opinions. That is its sole purpose. They can listen to what I have to say or not, it makes no difference. When Johnny applies to Vermont Law and takes out $100,000 to do so and then in three years can't find a job, I'm no worse off, even though I said it was a bad idea. Tim I would bet you don't spend that much time on the internet, and certainly don't venture far off sites like this, would that be correct?

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:24 pm

LawandOrder wrote:If I regretted my decision to not attend law school, why wouldn't I just go ahead and apply now? It's not like my GPA has changed or my LSAT score. Nothing has changed.
Correct, everything remains the same including your lack of motivation, fear, determination and/or drive......whatever it was that kept you from pursuing law school, yet keeps you here posting on a daily basis. I assure you that if I decide to forgo law school you want see me roaming the proverbial TLS halls mocking those that have a dream that I too once held, I would move on. Perhaps start your own site "Not-Law-School.com", but if you do...you better break me off a piece :wink:

wolfpack-avvocato

Silver

Post by wolfpack-avvocato » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:24 pm

GATORTIM wrote:
wolfpack-avvocato wrote: Man, you are bitter about something involving him. I still don't see how "All cats are like this to my knowledge. They aren't loyal like dogs are. Cats do what they wanna do and can't be bothered to come when you call them unless they know they will get fed" somehow translates to said "doom n' gloom rants" and how his dogs>cats post is a "method of self-fulfillment that appeases his inner-regret" :lol: but whatever, if it makes sense to you than so be it.
Observational: Not bitter, I was not stating that his post stood alone as a reflection of his existence on TLS. If you read the post-history and take in to consideration that this poster is not an attorney, applicant or student, it makes little sense that one would continue to be such an active poster on TLS (a site dedicated those with an interest in LS) with the motive to "just hang around for the lulz and to crush other people's unrealistic dreams, before they make a mistake."
Your opinion is fine as you are perfectly entitled to it but I think if you needed to get that off your chest you could have found a better post than dogs>cats. He's not exactly "crushing" unrealistic dreams with that post. Besides, he may hang around because there is a little interest in law school left. Even if there isn't he still was in the game long enough to gain a substantial amount of knowledge about LSAT, applications etc. That knowledge didn't vanish because his life goals changed.

Edit: not to mention he is a big part of the lounge community for sure.
Edit2: Damn you guys type/post fast.

LawandOrder

Silver

Post by LawandOrder » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:25 pm

GATORTIM wrote:
LawandOrder wrote:If I regretted my decision to not attend law school, why wouldn't I just go ahead and apply now? It's not like my GPA has changed or my LSAT score. Nothing has changed.
Correct, everything remains the same including your lack of motivation, fear, determination and/or drive......whatever it was that kept you from pursuing law school, yet keeps you here posting on a daily basis. I assure you that if I decide to forgo law school you want see me roaming the proverbial TLS halls mocking those that have a dream that I too once held, I would move on. Perhaps start your own site "Not-Law-School.com", but if you do...you better break me off a piece :wink:
That's the blessing of choice then, and I hope that LS is everything you think it's going to be and more. Prove me wrong.

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:27 pm

LawandOrder wrote: I also post in other threads to share my opinions with those who are contemplating law school and I use my reasons for choosing not to apply. Because this is a message board where people come to share their opinions. That is its sole purpose. They can listen to what I have to say or not, it makes no difference. When Johnny applies to Vermont Law and takes out $100,000 to do so and then in three years can't find a job, I'm no worse off, even though I said it was a bad idea. Tim I would bet you don't spend that much time on the internet, and certainly don't venture far off sites like this, would that be correct?
I generally like your comments and really don't take issue with your posts, everyone is here for his/her own purpose. Oh yeah, how did you know my name? :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:32 pm

wolfpack-avvocato wrote: Edit2: Damn you guys type/post fast.
If you were at my desk, in this office with the lame-ass work I should be doing you would def understand why. Plus, I just wrapped up my Mavis Beacon class. I will be the first one to say good luck to everyone and I hope all here reach his/her goals with the least amount of debt possible and is happy in which ever endeavor you undertake.

LawandOrder

Silver

Post by LawandOrder » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:33 pm

My countless hours on TLS and incomprehensibly high post count have granted me the clairvoyance to divine hidden messages in other users' names.

wolfpack-avvocato

Silver

Post by wolfpack-avvocato » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:34 pm

LawandOrder wrote:My countless hours on TLS and incomprehensibly high post count have granted me the clairvoyance to divine hidden messages in other users' names.
:lol: omg I should stop getting on TLS on the quiet study floor, my laughing seems to annoy people :lol:

LawandOrder

Silver

Post by LawandOrder » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:34 pm

For examples wolfpack-avvocato is actually a large pack of avacados that while not hunting other unsuspecting fruits, dreams of attending law school. The more you know...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wolfpack-avvocato

Silver

Post by wolfpack-avvocato » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:38 pm

LawandOrder wrote:For examples wolfpack-avvocato is actually a large pack of avacados that while not hunting other unsuspecting fruits, dreams of attending law school. The more you know...
Beware, we will find you

LawandOrder

Silver

Post by LawandOrder » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:39 pm

wolfpack-avvocato wrote:
LawandOrder wrote:For examples wolfpack-avvocato is actually a large pack of avacados that while not hunting other unsuspecting fruits, dreams of attending law school. The more you know...
Beware, we will find you
Image blocked at work, but I have a feeling you GIS'ed 'Pack of Avacados'

wolfpack-avvocato

Silver

Post by wolfpack-avvocato » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:40 pm

LawandOrder wrote:
Image blocked at work, but I have a feeling you GIS'ed 'Pack of Avacados'
Nope, nothing good under that. I opted for "murdered fruit"

LawandOrder

Silver

Post by LawandOrder » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:41 pm

lol I must remember to check this at home.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

seveoneanon

New

Post by seveoneanon » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:39 pm

i mean, not to say I won't apply back to the school in the future (that being the only school), but... hell, I couldn't even have afforded to go had I wanted to, as I was offered 0 financial aid and I had too much debt that I could not clear. so it was impossible either way; the job I ended up with just made it easier to ask to be withdrawn.

Mosca

Bronze

Post by Mosca » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:11 pm

Last edited by Mosca on Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:20 pm

Wow, I think this is the most civil argument where someone is called out on TLS ever. Plus, lmao @ Gatortim wondering how L&O knew his name...lulz

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”