LawSchoolNumbers down?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
KuroiTsuki

LawSchoolNumbers down?

Postby KuroiTsuki » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:49 am

For the past couple of days, every time I try to log into Law School Numbers I get an error message saying "There is a problem with sessions. Please send an email to webmaster@lawschoolnumbers.com." I've emailed them three times but have received no response. Is anyone else having a problem when they try to log into their LSN account?

FacePalm

Re: LawSchoolNumbers down?

Postby FacePalm » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:08 am

KuroiTsuki wrote:For the past couple of days, every time I try to log into Law School Numbers I get an error message saying "There is a problem with sessions. Please send an email to webmaster@lawschoolnumbers.com." I've emailed them three times but have received no response. Is anyone else having a problem when they try to log into their LSN account?

NO

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:41 am

It usually happens when you forgot to sign out on another comp.

If I sign on at work and don't sign out, then I can't sign in at home. Go back to the last comp where you were signed on to LSN, sign out and then try your other comp (if this is applicable)

PrayingforHYS

Postby PrayingforHYS » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:23 pm

veritas85 wrote:It usually happens when you forgot to sign out on another comp.

If I sign on at work and don't sign out, then I can't sign in at home. Go back to the last comp where you were signed on to LSN, sign out and then try your other comp (if this is applicable)

and if one logs in on their friend's computer and said friend moves overseas for good? what then?

lol, seems like a pretty dumb system to me... (not that the above is that likely)

GATORTIM

Postby GATORTIM » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:37 pm

I love it when there is a glitch on LawSchoolPredictor and I input my numbers and it registers "ADMIT" for every single school! I'm thinking of doing a print-screen of this and attaching it to my app, maybe adcomms will just let me in based on this.......

KuroiTsuki

Postby KuroiTsuki » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:46 pm

veritas85 wrote:It usually happens when you forgot to sign out on another comp.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give this a try when I get home. Stupid LSN . . .

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:51 pm

PrayingforHYS

Postby PrayingforHYS » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:40 pm

GATORTIM wrote:I love it when there is a glitch on LawSchoolPredictor and I input my numbers and it registers "ADMIT" for every single school! I'm thinking of doing a print-screen of this and attaching it to my app, maybe adcomms will just let me in based on this.......

lol, it does that every time i accidentally enter my GPA into LSAT and vice versa...

i ALWAYS get so excited, and for a micro-second i'm thinking that maybe application standards have eased a little...then the sad realization that i've broken the precious little simulator

KuroiTsuki

Postby KuroiTsuki » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:44 am

I was able to log in and log out of my account from my home computer but when I got to work today (the place where I spend the most time online) I got the same "there was a problem with sessions" message. ARGH. Maybe it has to do with the fact that my home comp is a mac and my work one is a PC?

In any case, I finally just got so frustrated that I just created a new account. Stupid LSN.

adora

Postby adora » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:09 am

This happened to me too. I wasn't logged on to multiple computers. I emailed the webmaster, but no response. So, I just created a new acccount...now my new account is doing it too. Gah! I'm starting to think it's me.

Anyone else have the same problem/find a fix?

taw856

Postby taw856 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:17 am

Bump because LSN still has the same problem a year later, I need co-whiners and it's a pain in the ass.

(Only used one computer, sent four e-mails to the webmaster, etc.)

Sessions. :x

EDIT: To note that new browser trick recommended below worked.

Still annoyed though. : - P
Last edited by taw856 on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

HungryHippo

Postby HungryHippo » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:48 am

You can just use a different internet browser.
For example, if I get the sessions error with internet explorer, I would just sign on using firefox.
works for me~~

SrLaw

Postby SrLaw » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:18 pm

I have tried using this site on 3 different browsers and it still has "sessions."

I hate the site but it is the only one out there. Does anyone have a fix that I am missing?

LaProfe14

Postby LaProfe14 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:58 am

wow this problem seems to be running for years! But yea I made a 2nd account after getting that same message over and over. My 2nd account worked fine until I logged out and tried to get back in! I emailed the webmaster and never got a response. It's really annoying and I don't feel like inputting all my info for a 3rd time :x

SrLaw

Postby SrLaw » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:16 am

To everyone having issues:

Go to hidemyass.com (it is a proxy) and then go to LSN. I had no problems logging in after that.

LaProfe14

Postby LaProfe14 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:03 pm

To everyone having issues:

Go to hidemyass.com (it is a proxy) and then go to LSN. I had no problems logging in after that.

Good Call!

RAB

Postby RAB » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:53 pm

I have been having the same problem as well, and also have a mac. I may just make a new acct.

NikaneOkie

Postby NikaneOkie » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:58 pm

Try using a different browser
that seems almost always to work

is there a reason that my stats aren't showing up on the graphs for some reason?

kokorozukai

Postby kokorozukai » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:57 am

NikaneOkie wrote:Try using a different browser
that seems almost always to work

is there a reason that my stats aren't showing up on the graphs for some reason?

Yes. Go to "Edit My Profiles" and then to the tab that says "Account Settings." Then verify your account. Now your data point will show up on the graph!

darkatillam2

Postby darkatillam2 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:00 pm

The sessions problem can be fixed by using Chrome.

I always get the login error/session problem thing with Firefox. I switched to Chrome and I can login fine.

Check your spam e-mail folder to verify you account and thus your dot will appear on graphs.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”