J.D./M.B.A. Rankings Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
NEdelton1987

New

Re: J.D./M.B.A. Rankings

Post by NEdelton1987 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:25 am

The top 10 has changed:

1. Stanford University (3)
2. Harvard University (4)
3. University of Chicago (8)
4. University of Pennsylvania (10)
5. Columbia University (12)
6. Yale University (14)
7. University of California - Berkeley (15)
8. New York University (17)
9. Northwestern University (18)
9. University of Virginia (18)

Auxilio

Silver

Post by Auxilio » Wed May 13, 2015 11:05 am

bberry32 wrote:Does anyone know of any scholarships specifically for JD/MBA programs? Also, is it possible for a more informed reader than myself to provide an updated dual program ranking for just the T14 (Law school is more important than B-school to me)? Thank you.
Not directly answering your question, but I remember reading somewhere on here that a person got into Yale Law (which obviously does not give out Merit scholarships) then applied for the Yale MBA, got a significant merit scholarship to it, and ended up graduating in 3 years still but only two years tuition basically.

Instinctive

Bronze

Post by Instinctive » Wed May 13, 2015 4:27 pm

bberry32 wrote:Does anyone know of any scholarships specifically for JD/MBA programs? Also, is it possible for a more informed reader than myself to provide an updated dual program ranking for just the T14 (Law school is more important than B-school to me)? Thank you.

Edit: I am a JD/MBA currently.

With B-school moreso than law school, the programs' "rankings" should change for you based on what you want to do. That said, as a general guideline:

Stanford and Harvard are clearly at the top, IMO.

Penn, Columbia, Northwestern, Chicago are all right there.

Yale is one that I include with the above four, because their b-school has been on a massive upward trajectory and you can do the joint degree in 3 years (as you can at Northwestern), but I know many would disagree with me. If law is most important, Yale becomes more attractive.

Michigan is strong in both, UVA and Berkeley as well. NYU too. Again, fit and your goals matter a lot within any given tier. Sloan is a nice MBA if at HLS.

Something to remember is that Harvard and Yale are both generally (in my research, and then this was played out in my admissions process) very open to a joint degree with another university (YLS/HBS, for example), whereas Stanford is open to it but definitely has closer ties between the law school and b-school there. I couldn't speak to other programs.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”