Why do so many people have a lower LSDAS GPA?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Knock

Re: Why do so many people have a lower LSDAS GPA?

Postby Knock » Tue May 11, 2010 9:10 pm

I took a study abroad class the summer after my freshman year of HIGH SCHOOL. Got a B in it, and the kicker is it was worth a decent amount of semester units, and when translated into quarter units, it came out to be the equivalent of two full classes of flat B :roll: . Thanks LSAC, i'm sure classes I took when I was 15/an underclassmen in high school are significant to the application process :roll: . In my opinion, any classes taken before college shouldn't count...or at least not hurt you.

My only other B was because the professor literally gave everyone in the entire class, except people he knew well, B's, in one class I unfortunately took when I was a freshmen. He was an alcoholic/drunk, and came to class hung over a lot, canceled the midterm for that class multiple times without even bothering to e-mail the students. I literally got an A on every assignment I got back, which was everything but the final, which was only 20-30% of the grade at most I believe. The main project in the class was to do a socially significant project (for a f*cking comms. class, makes tons of sense), my groups was so good we got ON THE F*CKING NEWS (obviously got an A on the proj...), and I still got a f*cking B in the class. Not even a B+, a flat B. The only B i've "earned" my entire time in UG. And yes, if you couldn't tell, i'm still bitter.

Postby 09042014 » Tue May 11, 2010 9:19 pm

Knockglock wrote:I took a study abroad class the summer after my freshman year of HIGH SCHOOL. Got a B in it, and the kicker is it was worth a decent amount of semester units, and when translated into quarter units, it came out to be the equivalent of two full classes of flat B :roll: . Thanks LSAC, i'm sure classes I took when I was 15/an underclassmen in high school are significant to the application process :roll: . In my opinion, any classes taken before college shouldn't count...or at least not hurt you.

My only other B was because the professor literally gave everyone in the entire class, except people he knew well, B's, in one class I unfortunately took when I was a freshmen. He was an alcoholic/drunk, and came to class hung over a lot, canceled the midterm for that class multiple times without even bothering to e-mail the students. I literally got an A on every assignment I got back, which was everything but the final, which was only 20-30% of the grade at most I believe. The main project in the class was to do a socially significant project (for a f*cking comms. class, makes tons of sense), my groups was so good we got ON THE F*CKING NEWS (obviously got an A on the proj...), and I still got a f*cking B in the class. Not even a B+, a flat B. The only B i've "earned" my entire time in UG. And yes, if you couldn't tell, i'm still bitter.

Shit a straight B would have brought my GPA up. I would have loved that class.

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue May 11, 2010 9:22 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Knockglock wrote:I took a study abroad class the summer after my freshman year of HIGH SCHOOL. Got a B in it, and the kicker is it was worth a decent amount of semester units, and when translated into quarter units, it came out to be the equivalent of two full classes of flat B :roll: . Thanks LSAC, i'm sure classes I took when I was 15/an underclassmen in high school are significant to the application process :roll: . In my opinion, any classes taken before college shouldn't count...or at least not hurt you.

Shit a straight B would have brought my GPA up. I would have loved that class.

Yeah, I had a friend in the class who took this prof 5 or 6 + times. Never did any work and ended up with all B's :lol: . If that's what you're going for, then i'm sure you won't mind, but it's frustrating when I put in effort and could have done nothing and still gotten the same grade. All that work for nothing.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”