Sending transcripts to LSAC

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Sending transcripts to LSAC

Postby jimmyd11011 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:07 pm

Last week I ordered a transcript from a college I attended to be sent to the address at LSAC. When looking on the LSAC website today, I see that they provide a "Transcript Request Form" be sent along with your transcript. Does anybody know if LSAC will be able to process the transcript without this form?

Also, how would one go about getting this form to colleges anyway to send along with the transcript? The school I attended is in a different state and is a giant public school (i.e., a bureaucratic mess).

Re: Sending transcripts to LSAC

Postby irie » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:16 pm

yes you need this form.

just mail it to your college registrar they'll know what to do with it. if you are paranoid include a note.

if the registrar is a bureaucratic mess right now... in a month when all the new students start showing up it will be a bureaucratic holocaust, i'd hurry.

Postby Gunz353 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:37 pm

Bureaucratic Holocaust! Love it...+10000

Yeah, I went to ASU...big mess there. I included the form with my check and a special note indicating the absolute importance that the form be attached to the transcript. All is well.

Postby bdemon » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:40 pm

My school refused to handle any extra forms, so I had them just send the transcript to LSAC by itself. LSAC still processed it and it didn't seem to take any longer.
Last edited by bdemon on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby lawduder » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:40 pm

Yesterday I called LSAC and asked what to do about the institution I received dual enrollment credit at during high school. I explained to them that I was no longer in the same area and they told me I could fax the signed form to the institution I was requesting transcripts for and then just have them send the faxed copy along with transcripts.

Postby RhubarbPie » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:45 pm

I transferred to another school mid-way through college. I just faxed the LSAC form with a transcript request form (a lot of colleges have their own transcript request form and it makes it easier to just use it), and a note stating that the additional LSAC form absolutely must be attached to the transcript. I checked in with them every other day re: the status of the transcript and whether or not the LSAC form was included. Everything got there okay.

stand my ground

Postby stand my ground » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:50 pm

Is the space at the bottom of the transcript request form for my signature or the college registrar's?

Maybe an obvious question but better safe than sorry.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”