2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker/FAQ Thread

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Lyov Myshkin
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:28 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Lyov Myshkin » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:34 pm

FuriousE wrote:wave of waivers


lol

say that ten times real fast.

User avatar
Padimud
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Padimud » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:20 am

Better yet ask yourself why you haven't received any waivers with a 161 and 3.2 GPA. No offense, but usually your numbers need to be on the upper half of the scale to receive consideration for waivers.

Waive of waivers x 10 - ok it is hard to do ten times fast

User avatar
jrobby6
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:25 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby jrobby6 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:33 am

I did get fee waivers from BU, Colorado, Duke, and 'Nova and I haven't got my scores back...I just emailed them. So, I don't know if that counts lol.

FuriousE
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:22 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby FuriousE » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:58 am

Lyov Myshkin wrote:
FuriousE wrote:wave of waivers


lol

say that ten times real fast.


glad someone noticed my choice of words 8)

User avatar
bluedolphins
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:31 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby bluedolphins » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:20 am

When people say they got hidden fee waivers, how did they find out? During checkout? Some of the schools don't even allow submission yet.

Slimpee
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Slimpee » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:43 am

In the past week or so i've gotten W&L, Temple, 'Nova and St. Thomas

citydweller09
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby citydweller09 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:06 am

Duke via email, around 8:30 this morning. Temple via email yesterday.

User avatar
wackjickham
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby wackjickham » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:48 am

Duke by email. I now have fee waivers from every school I'm applying to, save 3 (one of which is a safety that only gives out need-based, and one of which is my top choice).

Apple Tree
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Apple Tree » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:52 am

citydweller09 wrote:Duke via email, around 8:30 this morning. Temple via email yesterday.


Stats? :)

I wonder if I got one...my score is probably not high enough.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby crackberry » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:25 pm

Any waivers yet from Northwestern or USC? I got NU last year and asked if they would honor it this cycle but never got a reply. Anyone had success going down that road?

User avatar
kurama20
Posts: 675
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 5:04 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby kurama20 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:29 pm

Duke by email. And until I get my score back in a few weeks I only have a 3.09 GPA and a 157 LSAT. I am a black male though.

wired
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby wired » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:32 pm

crackberry wrote:Any waivers yet from Northwestern or USC? I got NU last year and asked if they would honor it this cycle but never got a reply. Anyone had success going down that road?



No one has reported USC yet. I am definitely going to apply and am waiting for them to send them out (thus validating this entire thread in my eyes).

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby 02082010 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:51 pm

kurama20 wrote:Duke by email. And until I get my score back in a few weeks I only have a 3.09 GPA and a 157 LSAT. I am a black male though.


Are you fucking kidding me? I asked for a fee waiver 2.71 168 (pending retake) AA male. I hate GPA whores and those who expect a respectable GPA.

User avatar
kurama20
Posts: 675
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 5:04 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby kurama20 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:54 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
kurama20 wrote:Duke by email. And until I get my score back in a few weeks I only have a 3.09 GPA and a 157 LSAT. I am a black male though.


Are you fucking kidding me? I asked for a fee waiver 2.71 168 (pending retake) AA male. I hate GPA whores and those who expect a respectable GPA.


:lol: :lol: I think that's the first time anyone has refered to a school that doesn't mind my GPA a GPA whore!!! :lol: :lol: I guess it's all relative though. I will say it does make me think that there is a psychological difference to adcomms with a sub 3.0 GPA though. Hey hopeful do you have a tough major? I started off college taking the pre med classes and even when I switched I switched to Econ.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:17 pm

Catholic, by email.

wired
Posts: 472
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby wired » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:22 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:Catholic, by email.



Yeah.... not a Catholic school I was really hoping to send me one.... there's your hint Duke and Georgetown!

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby missvik218 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:24 pm

wired wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:Catholic, by email.



Yeah.... not a Catholic school I was really hoping to send me one.... there's your hint Duke and Georgetown!

:lol: Same.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:36 pm

missvik218 wrote:
wired wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:Catholic, by email.



Yeah.... not a Catholic school I was really hoping to send me one.... there's your hint Duke and Georgetown!

:lol: Same.


+2

Also, am I the only one who was amused by the email address being "butts@" ... I know, so 3rd grade. But I laughed a little.

User avatar
Legacy316
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 5:57 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Legacy316 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:11 pm

Fee waiver from butts.

User avatar
Lmao Zedong
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Lmao Zedong » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:29 pm

got a waiver from butts law as well

User avatar
bluejayk
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:06 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby bluejayk » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:13 pm

Woo-hoo, Penn waiver via snail mail today, came in a big packet with a brochure. First T14 waiver for me. I was wondering if I had been forgotten.

User avatar
rx3r
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby rx3r » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:56 pm

University of Alabama - fee waiver plus 20 iTunes downloads. How crazy is that?

Applicant2010
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Applicant2010 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:58 pm

rx3r wrote:University of Alabama - fee waiver plus 20 iTunes downloads. How crazy is that?


Convinced me. $12 LSAC report fee for $20 worth of songs...

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:58 pm

rx3r wrote:University of Alabama - fee waiver plus 20 iTunes downloads. How crazy is that?


Did you get 100 Free Hours of America On Line too?

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby oneforship » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:58 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
wired wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:Catholic, by email.



Yeah.... not a Catholic school I was really hoping to send me one.... there's your hint Duke and Georgetown!

:lol: Same.


+2

Also, am I the only one who was amused by the email address being "butts@" ... I know, so 3rd grade. But I laughed a little.


I laughed too.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: nume2016 and 4 guests