2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker/FAQ Thread

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
anothernancydrew
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby anothernancydrew » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:13 pm

Does anyone have any idea what LSAT Indiana needed for fee waiver? I emailed them a week or two ago, but still nothing. Since I am now morally opposed to paying application fees, I'm having a mental stumbling block about actually paying the fee for IUB's app.

Today I got DePaul and Alabama itunes, which was odd, because they had already given me a fee waiver. But now at least I have the itunes too.

User avatar
soccersmo
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby soccersmo » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:14 pm

anothernancydrew wrote:Does anyone have any idea what LSAT Indiana needed for fee waiver? I emailed them a week or two ago, but still nothing. Since I am now morally opposed to paying application fees, I'm having a mental stumbling block about actually paying the fee for IUB's app.

Today I got DePaul and Alabama itunes, which was odd, because they had already given me a fee waiver. But now at least I have the itunes too.



I got Indianna with a 3.52 167

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby superflush » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:25 pm

goodolgil wrote:damn dude. You need to be on the lookout for a fee waiver email from Phoenix Law, because they actually state your exact GPA and LSAT in the email. How odd would it be if you found out that way?


haaa . this is great

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby superflush » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:29 pm

anothernancydrew wrote:Does anyone have any idea what LSAT Indiana needed for fee waiver? I emailed them a week or two ago, but still nothing. Since I am now morally opposed to paying application fees, I'm having a mental stumbling block about actually paying the fee for IUB's app.


Just call them, I guess.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Veritas » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:33 pm

anyone get a random, unsolicited package from Michigan with no fee waiver?

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby GeePee » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:35 pm

Veritas wrote:anyone get a random, unsolicited package from Michigan with no fee waiver?

Did you get a cute signed letter from Dean Zearfoss with a personalized note? I found it pretty touching.

emptybee
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:33 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby emptybee » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:38 pm

x
Last edited by emptybee on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GatorBait09
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby GatorBait09 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:42 pm

Just got Wake Forest via email! Finally, the good ones are rolling in.

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby superflush » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:46 pm

GatorBait09 wrote:the good ones are rolling in.


Man, I miss this. I feel like for my second LSAT take (June) I didn't get any decent fee waivers from it. Just on my first take.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Veritas » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:47 pm

GeePee wrote:
Veritas wrote:anyone get a random, unsolicited package from Michigan with no fee waiver?

Did you get a cute signed letter from Dean Zearfoss with a personalized note? I found it pretty touching.

no :|

I thought the whole package was kind of weird though. Like, all this effort and no fee waiver.

User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Notor » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:50 pm

DePaul, Alabama+iTunes, George Mason via snail mail, and Chicago-Kent per my email request.

jlk86
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby jlk86 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:52 pm

Veritas wrote:
GeePee wrote:
Veritas wrote:anyone get a random, unsolicited package from Michigan with no fee waiver?

Did you get a cute signed letter from Dean Zearfoss with a personalized note? I found it pretty touching.

no :|

I thought the whole package was kind of weird though. Like, all this effort and no fee waiver.


me too :( i got so excited when i saw the envelope but sigh. no waiver.

GatorBait09
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby GatorBait09 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:53 pm

superflush wrote:
GatorBait09 wrote:the good ones are rolling in.


Man, I miss this. I feel like for my second LSAT take (June) I didn't get any decent fee waivers from it. Just on my first take.


Really? I've been getting all of these since my third take. Second take with a similar score didn't really yield anything.

likeaspark
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:26 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby likeaspark » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:02 pm

Just got Northwestern.

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby superflush » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:04 pm

GatorBait09 wrote:Really? I've been getting all of these since my third take. Second take with a similar score didn't really yield anything.


Hm, maybe its only on odd numbers

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby goodolgil » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:08 pm

Any other September takers not receive anything via snail mail? Maybe I turned that option off or something...

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby goodolgil » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:08 pm

GeePee wrote:
Veritas wrote:anyone get a random, unsolicited package from Michigan with no fee waiver?

Did you get a cute signed letter from Dean Zearfoss with a personalized note? I found it pretty touching.


Note details?

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby superflush » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:09 pm

goodolgil wrote:Any other September takers not receive anything via snail mail? Maybe I turned that option off or something...


Ah, the don't send me mail option.

APimpNamedSlickback
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:12 pm

that phoenix e-mail creeped me out just now. they stated my gpa down the the hundredth place, my lsat and basically offered to give me a tenured professorship. i'm thinking about drafting a hilarious rejection letter for all the ttts that have dared to flaunt their wares around me.

User avatar
soccersmo
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:28 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby soccersmo » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:13 pm

goodolgil wrote:Any other September takers not receive anything via snail mail? Maybe I turned that option off or something...



snail mail just started coming in two days ago for me with Baylor, and George Mason today... if you don't get anything for another week then maybe something is up, but I wouldn't be concerned yet... but it is veeeeeeery slow, hence the name

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby goodolgil » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:14 pm

superflush wrote:
goodolgil wrote:Any other September takers not receive anything via snail mail? Maybe I turned that option off or something...


Ah, the don't send me mail option.


If that's sarcasm I'm not exactly sure what point it's supposed to get across...

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby superflush » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:20 pm

goodolgil wrote:If that's sarcasm I'm not exactly sure what point it's supposed to get across...


I don't think thats an option. You'll probably get some mail at some point. But more stuff comes via email than US mail.

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby goodolgil » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:25 pm

But your post implies that choosing not to receive mail is some ridiculous option that would never show up when signing up for anything.

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby superflush » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:30 pm

goodolgil wrote:But your post implies that choosing not to receive mail is some ridiculous option that would never show up when signing up for anything.


Oh, no. Not at all. Sorry if it came off like that. Not receiving mail is a great option for a lot of things.
I'd say the only thing that makes sense to send in the mail for law school admissions is viewbooks. Anything else can just as well be emailed.

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby goodolgil » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:36 pm

heh yeah, it's not like I'm regretting not getting any law school junk-mail, was just curious.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse. and 6 guests