2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker/FAQ Thread

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Notor » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:43 pm

Boston U, W&M, and the U. of Colorado were very kind and offered me a waiver after I asked politely and provided stats, so asking the schools does work.

User avatar
RMstratosphere
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby RMstratosphere » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:44 pm

Helmholtz wrote:Just got an e-mail from Michigan agreeing to pay the $12. I would recommend that everybody send out these requests. Wow, if I had only known.


Bahahaha

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby 02082010 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:45 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
doinmybest wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Just got an e-mail from Michigan agreeing to pay the $12. I would recommend that everybody send out these requests. Wow, if I had only known.

Wow that worked? Nice!


UVA agreed to do it as well, but Columbia and Penn have said no. I'll keep everybody posted.


Woooooooooow. That is is hilarious that you were actually being serious. Definitely keep us posted, although I won't be doing anything of the sort.

Also, like I posted earlier today, I re-emailed Duke about FW/PT and they were like "did you activate your CRS settings and put it to 2010? bc you should be showing up in our searches" ...maybe I should tell them 3.28 is my degree GPA, not LSAC :oops:

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:47 pm

edit
Last edited by Jericwithers on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TruckerD
Posts: 463
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby TruckerD » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:00 pm

Bama paid my $12 without me even asking! Beats iTunes IMO!

astro1819
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby astro1819 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:01 pm

Ah! What's with the UT fee waiver deadline of Nov. 1st...unfortunately I won't be able to hit the mark...

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby NancyBotwin » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:12 pm

Colorado by request

User avatar
Cardboardbox
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Cardboardbox » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:19 pm

BU by request, literally almost instantaneously, really excited about applying now :D

brutustx
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:41 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby brutustx » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:24 pm

UT (dream school) and UH came in today. UT made my day. I just paid for the UH app yesterday, bummer :( . I have also received one from Duke (whaat?), UVA (whaaat?), Cincinatti, Richmond and St. John's.

User avatar
JayTal
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby JayTal » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:37 pm

Michigan and UVA today.

User avatar
forza
Posts: 2777
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby forza » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:39 pm

brutustx wrote:UT (dream school) and UH came in today. UT made my day. I just paid for the UH app yesterday, bummer :( . I have also received one from Duke (whaat?), UVA (whaaat?), Cincinatti, Richmond and St. John's.


FYI: you have to apply to UT by Nov 1 for it to count.

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby thalassocrat » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:44 pm

mi-chan17 wrote:
Did Columbia and Michigan send e-mails today?


Not that I'm aware of. I have a "hidden" waiver from Michigan, and never got an email.


Michigan doesn't do theirs by email, afaik. At least, mine was sent to my parents' house (the address they got from CRS), along with a viewbook, and I never got an email from them.

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby doinmybest » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:44 pm

forza wrote:
brutustx wrote:UT (dream school) and UH came in today. UT made my day. I just paid for the UH app yesterday, bummer :( . I have also received one from Duke (whaat?), UVA (whaaat?), Cincinatti, Richmond and St. John's.


FYI: you have to apply to UT by Nov 1 for it to count.


Yep I also just got the UT one. Its ED only.

User avatar
Jornste
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 1:28 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Jornste » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:53 pm

10/19:

UScarolina
UVA
Duke
UCLA

Today:

Baylor
St. Johns

knola002
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:36 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby knola002 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:54 pm

UT and St. John's today. Is UT worth rushing an app for?

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27895
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Kronk » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:03 pm

knola002 wrote:UT and St. John's today. Is UT worth rushing an app for?


UT is a great school. Depends on your chances and what you want to do (for instance, if you wanted to go into academia, UT is actually better than many T14 schools). But you have until November 1st. Would that really be a rush?

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:06 pm

UT for me, too.

I solicited Columbia and Michigan for fee waivers. Columbia basically told me, "Don't call us, we'll call you." Michigan said they were going to give me a fee waiver and that if I didn't get it by the end of the week that I should e-mail them.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby NancyBotwin » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:08 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:I solicited Columbia and Michigan for fee waivers. Columbia basically told me, "Don't call us, we'll call you." Michigan said they were going to give me a fee waiver and that if I didn't get it by the end of the week that I should e-mail them.


That's what I got from Columbia, too. How long did it take to hear back from Michigan? I just sent it like an hour ago.

akowis
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby akowis » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:09 pm

.
Last edited by akowis on Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:10 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
JollyGreenGiant wrote:I solicited Columbia and Michigan for fee waivers. Columbia basically told me, "Don't call us, we'll call you." Michigan said they were going to give me a fee waiver and that if I didn't get it by the end of the week that I should e-mail them.


That's what I got from Columbia, too. How long did it take to hear back from Michigan? I just sent it like an hour ago.


I got mine back in an hour. They might be out of office by now, though.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby NancyBotwin » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:12 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
JollyGreenGiant wrote:I solicited Columbia and Michigan for fee waivers. Columbia basically told me, "Don't call us, we'll call you." Michigan said they were going to give me a fee waiver and that if I didn't get it by the end of the week that I should e-mail them.


That's what I got from Columbia, too. How long did it take to hear back from Michigan? I just sent it like an hour ago.


I got mine back in an hour. They might be out of office by now, though.


Oh right. I always forget about the whole time difference thing, haha.

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:22 pm

forza wrote:
JollyGreenGiant wrote:
oneforship wrote:
JollyGreenGiant wrote:This thread is very depressing. Nothing from UVA, Columbia, Michigan. Wow.

Anyone else not get anything with competitive numbers? I hope something is still coming.



Email UVA and ask, pretty sure they almost always say yes.


To be honest, I don't even want to go to UVA.. but it's the principle. I really have a bad feeling about my cycle. Really bad. Ugh.


With a 172/4.0? LOL :lol:

That's not very Tiger-like of you!

--ImageRemoved--



To be fair, I'm a huge pessimist. Any time anyone questioned one of my answers on the LSAT, I caved.. even though my answer was usually right.


but, I'd be a lot more confident if I had 3.99/173.. or if I had a strong PS.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:37 pm

edit
Last edited by Jericwithers on Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
js87
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby js87 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:41 pm

Just checked out for GULC and had a surprise CRS fee waiver! No email or snail mail from them. Applied to four schools so far and received two surprise, hidden fee waivers so far.

Anyone else get a GULC hidden waiver?

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Veritas » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:48 pm

Houston... :| no texas for me.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: heythatslife and 4 guests