2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker/FAQ Thread

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby ruleser » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:25 pm

soullesswonder wrote:Is there anyone else who got a 17x in Feb or June and is still waiting on Chicago and Vandy?

I got 168 in June but somehow got a Vandy fee waiver in Sept (even with low GPA) Maybe its the WE that got it for me - right now very stoked about it, since others won't exactly be pouring in...

User avatar
Lmao Zedong
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Lmao Zedong » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:29 pm

ruleser wrote:
soullesswonder wrote:Is there anyone else who got a 17x in Feb or June and is still waiting on Chicago and Vandy?

I got 168 in June but somehow got a Vandy fee waiver in Sept (even with low GPA) Maybe its the WE that got it for me - right now very stoked about it, since others won't exactly be pouring in...


how could you get a fee waiver for WE? doesn't CRS just provide numbers?

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:33 pm

GargamelITT wrote:
ruleser wrote:
soullesswonder wrote:Is there anyone else who got a 17x in Feb or June and is still waiting on Chicago and Vandy?

I got 168 in June but somehow got a Vandy fee waiver in Sept (even with low GPA) Maybe its the WE that got it for me - right now very stoked about it, since others won't exactly be pouring in...


how could you get a fee waiver for WE? doesn't CRS just provide numbers?


Sshh, just let him be. Bless his heart.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:48 pm

Virginia via email. Wasn't going to spend the money, but I might as well throw them one now.

User avatar
jrobby6
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:25 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby jrobby6 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:53 pm

UConn email today...never really considered them but meh.

knownothing
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:25 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby knownothing » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:02 pm

I got one from UVA today. And Duke SP track. Both were by Email.

CanadianEH
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:47 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby CanadianEH » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:08 pm

knownothing wrote:I got one from UVA today. And Duke SP track. Both were by Email.


Same deal here.

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby LSATfromNC » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:15 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
GargamelITT wrote:
ruleser wrote:
soullesswonder wrote:Is there anyone else who got a 17x in Feb or June and is still waiting on Chicago and Vandy?

I got 168 in June but somehow got a Vandy fee waiver in Sept (even with low GPA) Maybe its the WE that got it for me - right now very stoked about it, since others won't exactly be pouring in...


how could you get a fee waiver for WE? doesn't CRS just provide numbers?


Sshh, just let him be. Bless his heart.

Doesn't the employment section under CRS Preferences get shared with schools?. Mine shows three things: years of work experience, current employment status, and former or current military service. UVA specifically referenced my veteran status last year when they gave me a unsolicited fee waiver.

User avatar
rowlf
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:55 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby rowlf » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:20 pm

UVa. I swallowed my pride to email them to ask for a waiver over the weekend, and they personally sent me one.

But then I got another regular one today -they were going to send me one anyway. Struggles.

Anybody successfully ask for a waiver from Georgetown?

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:21 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:Doesn't the employment section under CRS Preferences get shared with schools?. Mine shows three things: years of work experience, current employment status, and former or current military service. UVA specifically referenced my veteran status last year when they gave me a unsolicited fee waiver.


Mine is broken up by "Candidate Referral Service (CRS)" and "Your CRS Preferences". I wasn't aware that the preference section got sent to the schools. Maybe I'm wrong.

goodolgil
Posts: 923
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 6:01 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby goodolgil » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:22 pm

That median GPA (3.85) in the UVA mail is scary. I'm exactly at median for GPA and a point below for LSAT. Gonna need to put together a good application for them I guess...

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:22 pm

rowlf wrote:Anybody successfully ask for a waiver from Georgetown?


I asked. They told me no.

User avatar
Hattori Hanzo
Posts: 659
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:17 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:22 pm

CanadianEH wrote:
knownothing wrote:I got one from UVA today. And Duke SP track. Both were by Email.


Same deal here.


I got the UVA but no Duke :( No love for me.

lnz103
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:57 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby lnz103 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:23 pm

UVA fee waiver today!! I'm pretty excited... not about my chances, but about the fact that they even consider considering me.

alleyoop86
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:42 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby alleyoop86 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:24 pm

UVA but no duke here as well..

lnz103
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:57 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby lnz103 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:24 pm

z
Last edited by lnz103 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby ruleser » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:26 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Sshh, just let him be. Bless his heart.

Doesn't the employment section under CRS Preferences get shared with schools?. Mine shows three things: years of work experience, current employment status, and former or current military service. UVA specifically referenced my veteran status last year when they gave me a unsolicited fee waiver.

Somebody still seems sore about losing an argument the other day.

Anyway, bless my heart, the CRS yes does share info on WE - I got letters last year referencing it. CRS asks how many years of it you have.
Last edited by ruleser on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YMing
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:29 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby YMing » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:26 pm

I got a 176 on Sept. test (first/only take) but I haven't gotten any fee waivers. I just signed up for LSDAS yesterday. Could this be the reason? Any ideas on why I might not be getting them/ what I should do?
Last edited by YMing on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ViP
Posts: 419
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:53 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby ViP » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:27 pm

QUESTION:

Are fee waivers only provided based on LSAT scores, or can GPAs also play a role? Do they ever take the LSAT/GPA index into consideration (or is this, perhaps, always the procedure)?

I am curious whether schools ever send fee waivers to applicants with average LSAT scores but above-75th GPAs...

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:27 pm

ruleser wrote:
LSATfromNC wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Sshh, just let him be. Bless his heart.

Doesn't the employment section under CRS Preferences get shared with schools?. Mine shows three things: years of work experience, current employment status, and former or current military service. UVA specifically referenced my veteran status last year when they gave me a unsolicited fee waiver.

Somebody still seems sore about losing an argument the other day.

Anyay, bless my heart, the CRS yes does share info on WE - I got letters last year referencing it. CRS asks how many years of it you have.

It's ok, Helmy, you'll learn to get be wrong as you get more and more used to.


I haven't been checking up on the LSAT threads. Did you get your LSAT back? I know you were testing in the high 170's, right?

User avatar
hypermeganet
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:34 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby hypermeganet » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:28 pm

W&M
WUSTL
BU
Virginia

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Kim617 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:28 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:Virginia via email. Wasn't going to spend the money, but I might as well throw them one now.

Same, I got mine today. I wasn't considering applying, but I might as well now.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:34 pm

hypermeganet wrote:W&M
WUSTL
BU
Virginia


I have W&M already from my old score, don't really care about WUSTL, just got UVA, and REALLY want BU. Mind if I ask your numbers?

User avatar
ruleser
Posts: 870
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby ruleser » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:38 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
ruleser wrote:
LSATfromNC wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Sshh, just let him be. Bless his heart.

Doesn't the employment section under CRS Preferences get shared with schools?. Mine shows three things: years of work experience, current employment status, and former or current military service. UVA specifically referenced my veteran status last year when they gave me a unsolicited fee waiver.

Somebody still seems sore about losing an argument the other day.

Anyay, bless my heart, the CRS yes does share info on WE - I got letters last year referencing it. CRS asks how many years of it you have.

It's ok, Helmy, you'll learn to get be wrong as you get more and more used to.


I haven't been checking up on the LSAT threads. Did you get your LSAT back? I know you were testing in the high 170's, right?


If you haven't been checking up on the threads, then I got a 180. If you have been, then you probably know that it was a rather epic fail/167/1 point lower than my previous. I'm all about a good ribbing for a choke like that, but it's good to keep the info in threads like this on track.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:40 pm

ruleser wrote:If you haven't been checking up on the threads, then I got a 180. If you have been, then you probably know that it was a rather epic fail/167/1 point lower than my previous. I'm all about a good ribbing for a choke like that, but it's good to keep the info in threads like this on track.


Awww, I'm sorry about that, buddy. I guess what they say about the fourth time being the charm isn't true. :(

You're right. Let's get back to fee waiver discussion.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bns212, fakemoney, MSNbot Media and 8 guests