2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker/FAQ Thread

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:58 pm

kinch wrote:Dumb noob question, but how do these merit waivers work? I email a school that I have good numbers at, and if I get a waiver, how does that waiver get used when using LSAC to submit the app?


It's either automatically done or sometimes they'll give you a code to enter in.

User avatar
kinch
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby kinch » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:00 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
kinch wrote:Dumb noob question, but how do these merit waivers work? I email a school that I have good numbers at, and if I get a waiver, how does that waiver get used when using LSAC to submit the app?


It's either automatically done or sometimes they'll give you a code to enter in.

Muchas gracias.

User avatar
0 and 16
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:17 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby 0 and 16 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:12 pm

Letter from LSU--Fee Waiver

Postmarked 9/26, but got it today.

User avatar
forza
Posts: 2785
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:32 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby forza » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:45 am

Apple Tree wrote:I got one from Alabama saying that if I apply they'll waive the fee and give me $20 worth of itune download. So I applied :D


What were your stats?

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby ClemCarter » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:21 am

Helmholtz wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:OSU viewbook and fee waiver in the old-timey mail today.


Oh, by stagecoach? Pony express?



It's a lengthy explanation. Pick up your tin can tied to a string and I'll pick up mine.

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10384
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby TTH » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:23 am

ClemCarter wrote:OSU viewbook and fee waiver in the old-timey mail today.


Meanwhile we are at nine days since I sent them a simple e-mail...my Buckeye pride is waning.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28205
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Kronk » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:05 am

Did those of you who got hidden waivers from NYU mark "New York" on the states you were interested in attending law school on CRS?

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby ClemCarter » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:38 am

TipTravHoot wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:OSU viewbook and fee waiver in the old-timey mail today.


Meanwhile we are at nine days since I sent them a simple e-mail...my Buckeye pride is waning.



Maybe you should go over to Clintonville and overturn some cars or cut down some power lines or something. Nothing says "Buckeye Pride" like rioting and destruction!

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10384
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby TTH » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:39 am

ClemCarter wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:OSU viewbook and fee waiver in the old-timey mail today.


Meanwhile we are at nine days since I sent them a simple e-mail...my Buckeye pride is waning.



Maybe you should go over to Clintonville and overturn some cars or cut down some power lines or something. Nothing says "Buckeye Pride" like rioting and destruction!



Not a bad idea, but I would never venture all the way to C-ville. I would be too busy in the Short North looking at art and watching independent cinema. /hipster ;)

User avatar
Lmao Zedong
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Lmao Zedong » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:44 pm

VoidSix wrote:Did those of you who got hidden waivers from NYU mark "New York" on the states you were interested in attending law school on CRS?


nope

hiro86
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby hiro86 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:51 pm

Does anyone know when Northwestern sent out fee waivers last year?

User avatar
23fulltimecowboys
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby 23fulltimecowboys » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:54 pm

hiro86 wrote:Does anyone know when Northwestern sent out fee waivers last year?

+1

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:00 pm

23fulltimecowboys wrote:
hiro86 wrote:Does anyone know when Northwestern sent out fee waivers last year?

+1


I think the earliest was late October.

User avatar
23fulltimecowboys
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby 23fulltimecowboys » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:02 pm

thanks. damn.

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby ClemCarter » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:09 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:Not a bad idea, but I would never venture all the way to C-ville. I would be too busy in the Short North looking at art and watching independent cinema. /hipster ;)



I admire our shared capability to ruin threads with Ohio chatter.

User avatar
Foozle
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Foozle » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:58 pm

I emailed Georgetown, GW, and Chicago requesting a merit-based fee waiver.

Georgetown said yes, GW said no (and the primary reason I was going to apply was because of undergrad loyalty), and Chicago said no. I wish Chicago would give me one. I guess they know I'm applying anyway.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:02 pm

Foozle wrote:I emailed Georgetown, GW, and Chicago requesting a merit-based fee waiver.

Georgetown said yes, GW said no (and the primary reason I was going to apply was because of undergrad loyalty), and Chicago said no. I wish Chicago would give me one. I guess they know I'm applying anyway.


They said no to me too and I went to GW also. But I guess the undergrad was full of cheap bastards, why wouldnt the law school be too?
Last edited by 0L Hoping for 1 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Na_Swatch
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Na_Swatch » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi, just a quick question, who do you email to ask for a fee wavier?? Like is there a general law school email address for the school or somebody specific?

User avatar
Foozle
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Foozle » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:06 pm

Na_Swatch wrote:Hi, just a quick question, who do you email to ask for a fee wavier?? Like is there a general law school email address for the school or somebody specific?

The general admissions office email address will do.

User avatar
Na_Swatch
Posts: 472
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Na_Swatch » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:08 pm

Foozle wrote:
Na_Swatch wrote:Hi, just a quick question, who do you email to ask for a fee wavier?? Like is there a general law school email address for the school or somebody specific?

The general admissions office email address will do.


Thanks!

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28205
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Kronk » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:12 pm

Why does NYU hate me?

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby NancyBotwin » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Dayton via email.

Apple Tree
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:19 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby Apple Tree » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:17 pm

forza wrote:
Apple Tree wrote:I got one from Alabama saying that if I apply they'll waive the fee and give me $20 worth of itune download. So I applied :D


What were your stats?


168/3.9 but I still haven't gotten that $20 yet. :P

User avatar
SamSeaborn2016
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby SamSeaborn2016 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:23 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:Dayton via email.


yup. just got it.

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Postby D. H2Oman » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:25 pm

Wake Forest




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bcreid03 and 9 guests