2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker/FAQ Thread Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Gold

Re: 2009-2010 Fee Waiver Tracker Thread

Post by 02082010 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:10 pm

Has anyone been able to get fee waivers from Duke or Cornell by request?

Also, I emailed Columbia asking for a fee waiver bc they gave me one midway though last cycle (I assumed bc they wanted to drive up application volume or they were lacking in URM applicants) which I didn't use and reminded them they gave me on last cycle. They said ehhh, yeah no we're not going that again. Thanks for asking though!

nparker

New

Post by nparker » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:35 pm

just got Duke priority track email

babaghanouj

Bronze

Post by babaghanouj » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:36 pm

Just got the Duke fee waiver--but no mention of priority track! Agh! What does that mean?

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:39 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:Has anyone been able to get fee waivers from Duke or Cornell by request?

Also, I emailed Columbia asking for a fee waiver bc they gave me one midway though last cycle (I assumed bc they wanted to drive up application volume or they were lacking in URM applicants) which I didn't use and reminded them they gave me on last cycle. They said ehhh, yeah no we're not going that again. Thanks for asking though!
Are you serious? I e-mailed them a few months ago telling them that I had a fee waiver from last cycle but was applying in 2009-10. They told me to just e-mail when the next cycle starts and they would send me a new one. This is bad news for me if now they're not going to honor the last cycle's waivers. Shit.

SamSeaborn2016

Bronze

Post by SamSeaborn2016 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:42 pm

Today I received:

Colorado
Illinois (although their e-mail stated they are waiving the fee for everyone)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

babaghanouj

Bronze

Post by babaghanouj » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:43 pm

lz06

Bronze

Post by lz06 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:09 pm

babaghanouj wrote:Just got the Duke fee waiver--but no mention of priority track! Agh! What does that mean?
They send out both priority track with a fee waiver as well as fee waivers with no priority track. I don't think you got it sorry :(

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:10 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Has anyone been able to get fee waivers from Duke or Cornell by request?

Are you serious? I e-mailed them a few months ago telling them that I had a fee waiver from last cycle but was applying in 2009-10. They told me to just e-mail when the next cycle starts and they would send me a new one. This is bad news for me if now they're not going to honor the last cycle's waivers. Shit.
No, I think they just gave me the fee waiver to drive up app numbers or bc they didnt have enough URMs applying. They didnt send it to me until about Feb and I took the Oct LSAT. You should be fine.

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:19 pm

Anybody get anything from UT?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:31 pm

Just received Duke priority track and fee waiver email! Its great getting them from schools you actually want to attend!

iminlstrick

Bronze

Post by iminlstrick » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:37 pm

Michigan fee waiver, custom letter, and viewbook via snail mail, Duke fee waiver (no priority track) via e-mail. Same stats as people who have received priority track invite; interesting?

elliefont

Bronze

Post by elliefont » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:40 pm

iminlstrick wrote:Michigan fee waiver, custom letter, and viewbook via snail mail, Duke fee waiver (no priority track) via e-mail. Same stats as people who have received priority track invite; interesting?
I'm shocked you didn't receive a priority track. don't they know how awesome you are?!? :D

iminlstrick

Bronze

Post by iminlstrick » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:42 pm

elliefont wrote:
iminlstrick wrote:Michigan fee waiver, custom letter, and viewbook via snail mail, Duke fee waiver (no priority track) via e-mail. Same stats as people who have received priority track invite; interesting?
I'm shocked you didn't receive a priority track. don't they know how awesome you are?!? :D
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic but if not, thanks, and if so, well what can I say? It's hard sometimes being me ;)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:43 pm

Eh, those bastards didn't even give me that. I'm not even going to apply just out of spite.

iminlstrick

Bronze

Post by iminlstrick » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:49 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Eh, those bastards didn't even give me that. I'm not even going to apply just out of spite.
I wish merit fee waivers were transferable; I have an LSAC fee waiver and would more than willingly pass on the merit waivers to people in need.

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:50 pm

iminlstrick wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
I wish merit fee waivers were transferable; I have an LSAC fee waiver and would more than willingly pass on the merit waivers to people in need.
And I would swallow my shame and accept your pity waiver.

irie

Bronze

Post by irie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:19 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
lol i know exactly how you feel. i'm not applying to georgetown purely out of spite for not getting a fee waiver when i've known of at least 2 people with lower lsats/lower gpas who got one.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

irie

Bronze

Post by irie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:21 pm

out of curiosity does anyone know what the lsat/gpa range is to get a fee waiver from columbia for non-URMs? and have they given out any yet this cycle?

iminlstrick

Bronze

Post by iminlstrick » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:24 pm

irie wrote:

out of curiosity does anyone know what the lsat/gpa range is to get a fee waiver from columbia for non-URMs? and have they given out any yet this cycle?
Eep I don't know what it will be for this year, but last year my friend got one and he had a 3.9+ and a 177 LSAT. Yea, total buzzkill, sorry :(

irie

Bronze

Post by irie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:27 pm

iminlstrick wrote:
irie wrote:

Eep I don't know what it will be for this year, but last year my friend got one and he had a 3.9+ and a 177 LSAT. Yea, total buzzkill, sorry :(
yeah i never even considered it a possibility with my numbers but i was speaking to a friend over the weekend who applied last cycle and got was columbia waiver with a 171/3.8

suddenly im dreaming of all the things i can do with an extra $75

IvoryTower

New

Post by IvoryTower » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:32 pm

Just got Duke.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

babaghanouj

Bronze

Post by babaghanouj » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:34 pm

irie wrote:

Isn't the Columbia waiver hidden? I don't think you'll know if you got it until you checkout on LSAC when you're submitting the app.

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:42 pm

babaghanouj wrote:
irie wrote:

Isn't the Columbia waiver hidden? I don't think you'll know if you got it until you checkout on LSAC when you're submitting the app.
No. Columbia sent me an e-mail along with a letter and view book via snail mail.

iminlstrick

Bronze

Post by iminlstrick » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:44 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
babaghanouj wrote:
irie wrote:

No. Columbia sent me an e-mail along with a letter and view book via snail mail.
Well done!

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:45 pm

iminlstrick wrote: Well done!
Somebody out there loves me! or just wants to boost their yield rate

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”