LSAT Test Date : if there is a gap - is that bad?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
philip.platt

LSAT Test Date : if there is a gap - is that bad?

Postby philip.platt » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:51 pm

I am thinking of taking my LSAT this year, but may not apply for law school until 2011 or 2012. I work full time, but have some time in the next couple of months to study for it.

I have heard the scores are good for 5 years, right? The admissions people will not look on this unfavorably, will they?

I am in the process of gaining some more experience at my job, am taking some finance exams, and have a few other things going on. I'm doing this to build up a high amount of human capital and knowledge for myself to tie into a niche business I plan on starting a couple of years after law school.

But generally, do they care (ie do admissions look at it unfaorably) about when you take the LSAT even if the score is still valid?

thesealocust

Re: LSAT Test Date : if there is a gap - is that bad?

Postby thesealocust » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:56 pm

Edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

de5igual

Postby de5igual » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:58 pm

i took the lsat in 2006 and applied this cycle. it didn't really work to my disadvantage, except keep in mind that LSAT medians go up every year, so what would have been auto-admit this cycle may very well be waitlist or reject in 2 years.

Sanchez

Postby Sanchez » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:12 am

philip.platt wrote:I am thinking of taking my LSAT this year, but may not apply for law school until 2011 or 2012. I work full time, but have some time in the next couple of months to study for it.

I have heard the scores are good for 5 years, right? The admissions people will not look on this unfavorably, will they?

I am in the process of gaining some more experience at my job, am taking some finance exams, and have a few other things going on. I'm doing this to build up a high amount of human capital and knowledge for myself to tie into a niche business I plan on starting a couple of years after law school.

But generally, do they care (ie do admissions look at it unfaorably) about when you take the LSAT even if the score is still valid?

The LSAT is kind of like a tetanus shot. Although they say you should get one every 10 years, in reality it's no good after 5.

Although your LSAT score is kept on file with LSAC for 5 years, schools won't take it unless it's from within 3 years.

I think that's universal, but I may be wrong.

demiurge

Postby demiurge » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:28 am

I took my LSAT in 2004, applied this cycle and got into every school that wasn't a reach.

philip.platt

Postby philip.platt » Thu May 13, 2010 11:27 am

I just proved this legal argument 8). I have a burden of proof and I have references.

God = Love

[b]because

Love = Heart

Heart = Love

Love = Devotion

Devotion = Time

Time = Money

Money = Value

Value = Life

Value does not equal Vegetables

Value does not equal Meat.

Value = Life

Value = Vegetables

Vegetables = Earth

Earth = Worldly things

Worldly things = You betta get a bible soon!!! damn!!

lol
Can I battle the NYU Dean? I don't think he can beat me at Law.

that would be hilarious! haha

God = Love

Love = God

Love = Love

God = God

Proven. Now it is not a law problem at all. It is a physics problem. If this was a law problem, why are you reading it - are you begging the question?

Disclosure: I am taking the LSAT on June 7 in Brooklyn, New York. On June 8th, I am flying to South Carolina.[/b]

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”