Mean LSAT by UG College

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
honestabe84

Re: Mean LSAT by UG College

Postby honestabe84 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:23 pm

pelmen74 wrote:
honestabe84 wrote:
pelmen74 wrote:
honestabe84 wrote:My UG is not listed. Is there some way to find out what my school's median LSAT is through my LSAC account?

Yes, the school median should be listed in your LSAC report.

LSAC report? Do you get that when you start applying or when you register with LSAC?

LSAT report, sorry. it comes with your LSAT score.

Ok, for some reason I'm not seeing this. I click on "LSAT status" but I can't find it.

angiej

Postby angiej » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:37 pm

Yes, the school median should be listed in your LSAC report.[/quote]

LSAC report? Do you get that when you start applying or when you register with LSAC?[/quote]

LSAT report, sorry. it comes with your LSAT score.[/quote]

Ok, for some reason I'm not seeing this. I click on "LSAT status" but I can't find it.[/quote]
I'm having the same issue and would really like to see this.

pelmen74

Postby pelmen74 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:01 pm

angiej wrote:Yes, the school median should be listed in your LSAC report.

LSAC report? Do you get that when you start applying or when you register with LSAC?[/quote]

Ok, for some reason I'm not seeing this. I click on "LSAT status" but I can't find it.[/quote]
I'm having the same issue and would really like to see this.[/quote]

Ok, I am a liar. It is in your academic summary report on LSAC. Should be right next to your transcript on the website.

pelmen74

Postby pelmen74 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:03 pm

I think median grades would be much more accurate. It seems (at least at my school), that a handful of 120's offset the 25% who were above the 95 percentile.

angiej

Postby angiej » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:28 pm

pelmen74 wrote:
angiej wrote:Yes, the school median should be listed in your LSAC report.

LSAC report? Do you get that when you start applying or when you register with LSAC?

I'm having the same issue and would really like to see this.[/quote]

Ok, I am a liar. It is in your academic summary report on LSAC. Should be right next to your transcript on the website.[/quote]
Ah... I don't have a transcript submitted yet.

Tautology

Postby Tautology » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:01 am

LSAT mean for WUSTL according to my report (07-08 year) is 161, not 158.

Feel free to continue to make fun of it for being a school for Ivy rejects.

superflush

Postby superflush » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:36 am

honestabe84 wrote:My UG is not listed. Is there some way to find out what my school's median LSAT is through my LSAC account?

Yea, that's the point of this thread is that you'll report your school's median. You should be able to find it on your LSDAS report.

pelmen74

Postby pelmen74 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:17 pm

To all those people shocked at WUSTL, please remember: this is only the mean for this particular LSAT and could be an outlier.

angiej

Postby angiej » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:19 pm

superflush wrote:

Yea, that's the point of this thread is that you'll report your school's median. You should be able to find it on your LSDAS report.

I'm not finding it either, in fact I can't even find my LSDAS report. Is there something I need to do before this happens? I have paid for the CAS.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:25 pm

angiej wrote:
superflush wrote:

I'm not finding it either, in fact I can't even find my LSDAS report. Is there something I need to do before this happens? I have paid for the CAS.

It should be on your academic summary report. You need to submit and have processed all of your transcripts.

angiej

Postby angiej » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:30 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
angiej wrote:
superflush wrote:

It should be on your academic summary report. You need to submit and have processed all of your transcripts.

Okay, that's what I thought, I have not yet sent in my transcripts. Wow - you all have? Am I behind on this? I'm taking summer classes and wanted to have my transcript reflect that.

cyxdev17

Postby cyxdev17 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:37 pm

What exactly is the point of adcoms looking at your UG's median LSAT? If it's a high median then...you're expected to do better? Or just that you went to a good school?

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:48 pm

angiej wrote:
Okay, that's what I thought, I have not yet sent in my transcripts. Wow - you all have? Am I behind on this? I'm taking summer classes and wanted to have my transcript reflect that.

Haha don't worry about it, I'm in the exact same position as you. I don't have all of my summer grades in until mid-August, so I'm just waiting to send in my transcript until then.

angiej

Postby angiej » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:49 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
angiej wrote:

Haha don't worry about it, I'm in the exact same position as you. I don't have all of my summer grades in until mid-August, so I'm just waiting to send in my transcript until then.

Whew! Good to know! I don't want to let myself get behind here. Today I'm working on my first draft PS and next week I'm going to provide my recommenders with a folder of info (resume, PS (or atleast what I have thus far) resume, transcript, etc.) I hope I'm on schedule.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:52 pm

angiej wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
angiej wrote:

Whew! Good to know! I don't want to let myself get behind here. Today I'm working on my first draft PS and next week I'm going to provide my recommenders with a folder of info (resume, PS (or atleast what I have thus far) resume, transcript, etc.) I hope I'm on schedule.

Looks like you and I are schedule twins. I'm talking to my LOR writers this week and working on my PS too (now that the LSAT is over and done with I realized all the other things I need to do for applications).

pelmen74

Postby pelmen74 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:56 pm

cyxdev17 wrote:What exactly is the point of adcoms looking at your UG's median LSAT? If it's a high median then...you're expected to do better? Or just that you went to a good school?

It allows the adcoms to give your GPA a perspective. If your school's average was a 140 and your GPA was 4.0, it might not be as impressive as a 4.0 at a school with a median of 150.

salvaticas

Postby salvaticas » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:00 pm

Oberlin = 161. Add that one on there.

lawrencecis

Postby lawrencecis » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:15 pm

San Diego State University - 150. Ouch

Mashburn

Postby Mashburn » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:50 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:
List is from 2008, add or update and I'll change it accordingly. The mean LSAT for your UG institution can be found on your LSDAS report.

Valdosta State University 145
Kennesaw State 149
University of Georgia 155
Georgia Tech 158
Emory 159

Emory is overrated too.

Also, definitive proof that Tech students are smarter than UGA students.

I don't think thats definitive proof. Most UGA students enjoy their 4 years in Athens while everyone I know who went to GT hated their lives. I got a 171 attending UGA. I think quality education mixed with high quality of life is the way to go. Depends on your major and goals on where you should end up. LSAT isn't the be all end all of intelligence.

sanetruth

Postby sanetruth » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:16 am

considering that students choose to take the LSAT on the their own accord, and assuming every student wants to do as well as possible, seeing how these numbers line up with UG rankings makes them (the rankings) seem a little more legitimate. Clearly the higher ranked schools are, on average, turning out a higher number of high-performing students, and vice versa.

Obviously, we're just going by the kind of intelligence that is measured by the LSAT, but that is something at least, especially if we assume that a decent chunk of those who take the LSAT don't end up going to law school anyway.

Patriot1208

Postby Patriot1208 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:11 pm

Edited because it seems people already addressed this point

dstr15

Postby dstr15 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:32 pm

Colgate University 159

labeauche

Postby labeauche » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:15 pm

Oklahoma State 152

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:59 pm

A couple you don't have on there...

West Point - 156
Carnegie Mellon - 159

ads222

Postby ads222 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:07 am

Last edited by ads222 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”