LOW GPA / HIGH LSAT

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
RVP11
Posts: 2774
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:32 pm

Re: LOW GPA / HIGH LSAT

Postby RVP11 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:35 pm

aigsrone wrote:
NayBoer wrote:Have some good work experience and decent LORs, because it's something you can do. Get high LSAT, because you need the numbers. Get thick skin, because you're automatically way below the 25th percentile GPA everywhere.

You may have a chance at Maryland; maybe try applying PT. I can't speak much to chances there. If you need to stay in the region, GMU is a good shot with a high LSAT. GW is probably too far gone for anything but a hail mary.

If region is flexible, definitely apply to WUSTL, UIUC, UIB, among others. These are likely your best targets for T25.

If the cycle is not to your satisfaction, then years of work experience is probably your best shot at improving your chances. You need the highest possible LSAT in any scenario. Take plenty of prep tests.



What are LORs?

What school do these stand for- WUSTL, UIUC, UIB?


Thanks.


LOR = Letter of Recommendation

WUSTL = Washington University in St. Louis

UIUC = University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign

UIB = should be IUB = Indiana University - Bloomington

See the TLS acronyms sticky page.

nn223
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:45 pm

Re: LOW GPA / HIGH LSAT

Postby nn223 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:57 pm

aigsrone wrote:My GPA is 2.309 and I graduated from University of Maryland. If i scored 170-180 on my LSAT can i get into a top law school or perhaps I would like to go to University of Maryland School of Law? What are my chances?



If you do go to Maryland, make sure you pack some heat. As soon as you set foot outside Maryland's law building, you are likely to get jumped and robbed by the locals.

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: LOW GPA / HIGH LSAT

Postby superflush » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:22 pm

nn223 wrote:
aigsrone wrote:My GPA is 2.309 and I graduated from University of Maryland. If i scored 170-180 on my LSAT can i get into a top law school or perhaps I would like to go to University of Maryland School of Law? What are my chances?



If you do go to Maryland, make sure you pack some heat. As soon as you set foot outside Maryland's law building, you are likely to get jumped and robbed by the locals.


At the very least you'll have toothless crackheads asking you for change. This is a certainty.

User avatar
Pyke
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:28 pm

Re: LOW GPA / HIGH LSAT

Postby Pyke » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:39 pm

Time out:
Are we really assuming this person is for real? Remember these questions are being asked in the lounge.

Also, some of the questions asked make me wonder if, assuming it is for real, a sufficiently high LSAT score would be plausible in the first instance.

aigsrone
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:38 am

Re: LOW GPA / HIGH LSAT

Postby aigsrone » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:25 pm

Pyke wrote:Time out:
Are we really assuming this person is for real? Remember these questions are being asked in the lounge.

Also, some of the questions asked make me wonder if, assuming it is for real, a sufficiently high LSAT score would be plausible in the first instance.


I am for real. I have made an inference from this forum and from other website forums and on LSAC website with the UGPA/LSAT Calculator that it is plausible if I get a 170 or higher.

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: LOW GPA / HIGH LSAT

Postby superflush » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:41 pm

aigsrone wrote:
Pyke wrote:Time out:
Are we really assuming this person is for real? Remember these questions are being asked in the lounge.

Also, some of the questions asked make me wonder if, assuming it is for real, a sufficiently high LSAT score would be plausible in the first instance.


I am for real. I have made an inference from this forum and from other website forums and on LSAC website with the UGPA/LSAT Calculator that it is plausible if I get a 170 or higher.


That calculator isn't great. But, with those inference skills, that should be no problem.

User avatar
Drake014
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: LOW GPA / HIGH LSAT

Postby Drake014 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:42 pm

aigsrone wrote:My GPA is 2.309 and I graduated from University of Maryland. If i scored 170-180 on my LSAT can i get into a top law school or perhaps I would like to go to University of Maryland School of Law? What are my chances?


The higher you score the better school you'll get into and the better package you'll have. Do well on the test, then come back and let us know what you got.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests