Tell me all you know about Idaho Law Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dapoetic1

Bronze

Re: Tell me all you know about Idaho Law

Post by dapoetic1 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:46 pm

Niiiiiice!!!!

I bet you couldn't find law school pics because you couldn't find the freakin' website!
Most elusive website ever. They need to shoot a little more money to google so they come up higher on the list.
Last edited by dapoetic1 on Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:47 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:Image
That really is a beautiful law building. I know aesthetics shouldn't play too big of a role... but how can you say no to that?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:48 pm

sbalive wrote:
WSULeifJ wrote:
dapoetic1 wrote:Well now how can you say NO to that :?:

To be fair an unbiased OperaSoprano you should post one of Idaho
She's not unbiased, she wants him to go to UConn. :)

I did try to find a picture of Idaho's law school and couldn't, the campus is nice though.
Wow, that one's going to be a hard choice. What is that place? Azkaban?

I adore you, A'nold. Please don't do it.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:56 pm

Go to Hogwarts! :D

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:28 pm

Haha, I was reading this thread at work but I couldn't reply.

1. U of I's law website is horrifically hard to find. What is up with that?

2. You can't post pics of UConn to sway me, you know that is my weak spot! I've had that picture set as my wallpaper on my laptop for weeks now, lol.

I am just looking into my options but it is and has always been about 90% UConn. I just miss my family so badly. They live in Seattle which is about 5 hours on I-90 via car, unlike the many hours and $ from Hartford.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TexasJJKernal

New

Post by TexasJJKernal » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:30 pm

Idaho rocks....potatoes!!!!

barrydukakis

Bronze

Post by barrydukakis » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:02 pm

OP,

I finally registered for a TLS account so that I could maybe address your concerns. I am currently attending WSU, which is about 10 miles away from the University of Idaho.

I probably would not choose to attend U of I. However, their dean has been pretty active around our campus, and the general consensus among undergrads here is that U of I is not a bad place to go to... especially if you enjoy a rural setting.

Housing is ridiculously cheap here, there is a ton of outdoor recreation opportunities, and both Pullman and Moscow are unique, rural college towns. Together they provide a pretty wide spectrum of events...

The Supreme Court chief justice, John Roberts just spoke at the U of I's annual conference, and they have been able to pull big names to their campus on a fairly regular basis (Scalia also visted somewhat recently).

Just depends on what your looking for. Sarah Palin got her Bachelor's there (that's as far as she went education wise), and it was enough to almost take her 'one heartbeat away' from the Presidency.

If you have any specific questions about the area I can help you out.

gardners2

New

Post by gardners2 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:07 pm

barrydukakis wrote:OP,

I finally registered for a TLS account so that I could maybe address your concerns. I am currently attending WSU, which is about 10 miles away from the University of Idaho.

I probably would not choose to attend U of I. However, their dean has been pretty active around our campus, and the general consensus among undergrads here is that U of I is not a bad place to go to... especially if you enjoy a rural setting.

Housing is ridiculously cheap here, there is a ton of outdoor recreation opportunities, and both Pullman and Moscow are unique, rural college towns. Together they provide a pretty wide spectrum of events...

The Supreme Court chief justice, John Roberts just spoke at the U of I's annual conference, and they have been able to pull big names to their campus on a fairly regular basis (Scalia also visted somewhat recently).

Just depends on what your looking for. Sarah Palin got her Bachelor's there (that's as far as she went education wise), and it was enough to almost take her 'one heartbeat away' from the Presidency.

OOOOOOHHHHHH no you did not just say Sarah Palin. Srsly. Sarah Palin went here so it is not that bad, surrysly. On another note, I had no idea that UofI and WSU were so close to each other. I have a good friend that went to WSU and freaking loved the place.

LawandOrder

Silver

Post by LawandOrder » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:08 pm

Generally, if "Sarah Palin went there" is one of the best reasons you can pull out to motivate someone to go there....

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

truthchase

New

Post by truthchase » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:14 pm

UCONN vs Idaho are you fucking serious? Listen I know people from Idaho who are awesome but they all GOT OUT! Think about the people you will be networking with, its a terrible idea (unless you want to stay there). God Speed.

dapoetic1

Bronze

Post by dapoetic1 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:50 pm

Well gosh darnit A'nold if the Ugrad from Wazzu can't convince you to attend UI after name dropping like that then I guess there's nothing more to say.
C'mon...you heard him Scalia was just there!!! Drop that deposit and pack your bags for Moscow.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:55 pm

OK, so now it's settled. UCONN it is! :D

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:22 am

Bwahaha. I absolutely love the direction this thread is headed. It does make even considering Idaho seem even more ridiculous than inside my head when compared to UConn. I just miss the family. Tis all.

I am actually really honored that dude/dudette made an account just to tell me about the school and area. Thanks! Much appreciated! I hope you stick around this site and continue posting. :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

WSULeifJ

New

Post by WSULeifJ » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:07 am

gardners2 wrote:

OOOOOOHHHHHH no you did not just say Sarah Palin. Srsly. Sarah Palin went here so it is not that bad, surrysly. On another note, I had no idea that UofI and WSU were so close to each other. I have a good friend that went to WSU and freaking loved the place.
All of us who went to WSU freaking loved that place. Go Cougs.

A'nold, I sympathize on the family thing and it speaks very well of your loved ones that you would seriously consider Idaho compared to UConn. This law school thing is all about bettering our lives, and if it's going to make you really unhappy to be across the country from family, then your consideration is legitimate. Still, I hope you end up going to UConn.

Wait a minute...am I encouraging someone to be a Husky instead of a Vandal? Ugh...I feel so dirty now. Better not to think of it in those terms.

EDIT: Just wanted to mention that I practically want to make that picture my new desktop, and I never even considered applying to UConn.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:19 am

A'nold, it's about a six hour flight home from Connecticut. Just sayin'.

I'm glad our intervention is working. I knew once I pulled out the UConn pics, it would only be a matter of time.

Your future home:

Enjoy!

--ImageRemoved--

coolkatz321

Bronze

Post by coolkatz321 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:20 am

This thread is incredibly stupid and a waste of time. There is no rational reason to choose Idaho over UConn.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:38 am

coolkatz321 wrote:This thread is incredibly stupid and a waste of time. There is no rational reason to choose Idaho over UConn.
Your second sentence is correct, but why must you be mean about it? A'nold is amazing, and has given us a vastly amusing thread. If my legend status is worth anything, I ask that it be used to broker a just and lasting peace.

...And that it should make A'nold choose UConn.

:mrgreen: :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dapoetic1

Bronze

Post by dapoetic1 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:00 am

coolkatz321 wrote:This thread is incredibly stupid and a waste of time. There is no rational reason to choose Idaho over UConn.
Uh..yeah there is!!! :roll:
Sarah Palin got her degree from there!!! :lol:

On one hand A'nold really does miss his family!!! :(
But A'nold's family isn't in Idaho :shock:

Clearly A'nold's post is meant as flame :evil:
J/K :D
I can't think of any more reason to use smilies.

ugchicago

New

Post by ugchicago » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:41 pm

dapoetic1 wrote: I can't think of any more reason to use smilies. :?
You could have put the "stumped" looking smiley after that sentence (I've inserted it). :lol:

davipatr

New

Post by davipatr » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:47 pm

gogators wrote:The rule of law exists in the potato state?
How dare you sir.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”