Tell me all you know about Idaho Law Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
A'nold

Gold

Tell me all you know about Idaho Law

Post by A'nold » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:20 pm

I thought I would keep with the theme I started with the Willamette thread because it is so hard to find info on here about these lower ranked/less sought after schools. I have been offered additional scholarship $ that would essentially make tuition 1/2 of UConn's but more importantly keep me near my family who I am missing horribly right now as it is. Anyway, let the facts fly :) :

galahad85

Bronze

Re: Tell me all you know about Idaho Law

Post by galahad85 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:29 pm

It exists.

dickfitzwell

New

Post by dickfitzwell » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:31 pm

Last edited by dickfitzwell on Fri May 22, 2009 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

General Tso

Gold

Post by General Tso » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:34 pm

UCONNNNNNNNNNNN

Idaho is literally the dullest state in the country.

I know the feeling though. I'm second guessing Hastings for Colorado and San Diego over $$. Just plan for 30 year repayment and hope that Obama passes some debt forgiveness shit.

Rocky Estoppel

Bronze

Post by Rocky Estoppel » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:34 pm

go to Tennessee when you get off the waitlist

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

frank_the_tank

Bronze

Post by frank_the_tank » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:35 pm

o

leobowski

Silver

Post by leobowski » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:36 pm

It's difficult to establish residency in Idaho if you move there to take classes full-time. Exceptions are made for military and some Native American tribes.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:37 pm

kak23 wrote:go to Tennessee when you get off the waitlist

Haha. Kak- sorry the Titans blew it this year, that must have been one awful game to watch!

spinsta

New

Post by spinsta » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:37 pm

reputable.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:40 pm

leobowoski wrote:It's difficult to establish residency in Idaho if you move there to take classes full-time. Exceptions are made for military and some Native American tribes.

That's weird. I've heard the exact opposite. I've heard it is cake to get in-state residency there for 2L year.

Edit: Guys, I know UConn is a superior school, but I am going into prosecution (probably at the city/state level) and have no real ambitious biglaw/Federal kind of plans.

Disclaimer: I am in love with UConn, but I love my family more and am missing the hell out of them right now. I have a child due in August and I would love for my child/children to grow up around family. This is why I am asking about Idaho. Just looking at my options.

ubermensch

New

Post by ubermensch » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:42 pm

I miss my family, too. In fact, I haven't seen my parents in almost 2 years.

I'll still be going to law school about 1500 miles away from them, because I realize that there are a million factors that should decide where one attends law school, and proximity to family/friends is near the bottom. Furthermore, living close to your family will create the temptation to spend time with them instead of staying focused on your classes. Minimize your distractions.

Corsair

Gold

Post by Corsair » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:44 pm

Drake014

Silver

Post by Drake014 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:47 pm

A'nold wrote:
leobowoski wrote:It's difficult to establish residency in Idaho if you move there to take classes full-time. Exceptions are made for military and some Native American tribes.

That's weird. I've heard the exact opposite. I've heard it is cake to get in-state residency there for 2L year.

Edit: Guys, I know UConn is a superior school, but I am going into prosecution (probably at the city/state level) and have no real ambitious biglaw/Federal kind of plans.

Disclaimer: I am in love with UConn, but I love my family more and am missing the hell out of them right now. I have a child due in August and I would love for my child/children to grow up around family. This is why I am asking about Idaho. Just looking at my options.
You married or just expecting?

If you're still single, have you heard how hot Idaho chicks are? Neither have I. Uconn.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Rocky Estoppel

Bronze

Post by Rocky Estoppel » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:49 pm

A'nold wrote:

Haha. Kak- sorry the Titans blew it this year, that must have been one awful game to watch!
You don't even know, I was at that game. :cry:

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:51 pm

Drake014 wrote:
A'nold wrote:

You married or just expecting?

If you're still single, have you heard how hot Idaho chicks are? Neither have I. Uconn.
Haha. I'm married to the greatest woman on earth. However, eye candy ain't the worst thing........

See, the thing I like about UConn more than Idaho even though I am seeking less prestigeous work is that I can probably land a better first job coming out of UConn, thus opening more doors for my future. I cannot believe how stressful this process has been and is still being!

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:52 pm

kak23 wrote:
A'nold wrote:

You don't even know, I was at that game. :cry:

That was one of the biggest lopsided losses I've ever seen, meaning that Tennessee dominated every facet of the game except the all important category of turnovers.

LawandOrder

Silver

Post by LawandOrder » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:09 pm

swheat wrote: Idaho is literally the dullest state in the country.
Wyoming, Montana, and South Dakota would like to have a word with you.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:10 pm

One more thing: I find it intriguing that Idaho only has a class size of about 100 students (which they divide up into 2 sections). Not a lot of people from around the country are eying the state of Idaho as a place to go after ls so it seems like there will be less competition for jobs in the state.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:11 pm

LawandOrder wrote:
Haha, well, I guess it depends what you like to do with your spare time. I love fishing and hunting, so...........Idaho and Montana might just be the pinacle for those two things!

gogators

Bronze

Post by gogators » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:17 pm

The rule of law exists in the potato state?

Iuvo

New

Post by Iuvo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:24 pm

Idah where?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ubermensch

New

Post by ubermensch » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:24 pm

LawandOrder wrote:
No, swheat is right.

Montana > Wyoming > South Dakota > Guns and Roses > a grilled cheese sandwich > stepping on a rusty nail > your parents catching you masturbating > Idaho

zettsscores40

Gold

Post by zettsscores40 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:28 pm

Who's da hoe? I da hoe!

Jones, Dow

Bronze

Post by Jones, Dow » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:30 pm

I'm sure most of these people have never been to Idaho. Northern Idaho is beautiful, and it sounds like you enjoy the outdoors. Boise is a cool, growing city, and I'm sure you'd be able to find a good job there. It's also a wonderful place to raise a family (I have some friends there who love it). Obviously UCONN is the more prestigious school by a lot, but Idaho might be a better fit for you and your family. There's more to life than money (unless, of course, you wanna be a BALLER).

Also, my wife had a child in my first year of grad school (we're over 2,000 miles away from our parents) and it was really, really hard. It might be worth it to be closer to your family so someone can more easily come and help you out, because odds are you'll need it.

EDIT: I totally didn't even answer the question...I don't know a damn thing about Idaho's law school except that it's cheap and in a pretty area. haha.
Last edited by Jones, Dow on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LawandOrder

Silver

Post by LawandOrder » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:31 pm

Jones, Dow wrote:I'm sure most of these people have never been to Idaho. Northern Idaho is beautiful, and it sounds like you enjoy the outdoors. Boise is a cool, growing city, and I'm sure you'd be able to find a good job there. It's also a wonderful place to raise a family (I have some friends there who love it). Obviously UCONN is the more prestigious school by a lot, but Idaho might be a better fit for you and your family. There's more to life than money (unless, of course, you wanna be a BALLER).

Also, my wife had a child in my first year of grad school (we're over 2,000 miles away from our parents) and it was really, really hard. It might be worth it to be closer to your family so someone can more easily come and help you out, because odds are you'll need it.

*WARNING* Idahoan alert!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”