average age of law school grads Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
OperaAttorney

Silver

Re: average age of law school grads

Post by OperaAttorney » Wed May 06, 2009 11:30 am

elegantswan wrote:
Cavalier wrote:I find it hilarious when internet trolls try and criticize the lives of others. You're spending your evening trolling on the internet - how much lower can you get?
It's not that low. I am not married (too young for that), have no children nor other old people responsibilities yet. I'm just relaxing, dude.
Elegantswan,

You also sound more like an ugly duckling. :roll:

Dick Whitman

Bronze

Post by Dick Whitman » Wed May 06, 2009 11:42 am

rayiner wrote:
hypermeganet wrote:
rayiner wrote:I'll be 25 going in if my waitlists work out this year, 27 otherwise. I really don't think graduating at 30 versus graduating at 25 is going to make much of a difference. Northwestern's average age for their entering class is 26 (ie: 29 at graduation), and that doesn't seem to have hurt their placement at all.

EDIT: Also, this thread makes me really, really, want that NU acceptance. If it means I don't have to be around so many kiddies in law school...
I wish NU was in the South. I hate the cold, even though Chicago is a nice city.
You and me both.
It's agreed. North Carolina will trade Duke and Durham to Illinois for NU and Chicago from Streeterville to Lakeview.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Wed May 06, 2009 12:00 pm

I'm lolling pretty hard at elegantswan. I'm ancient by his standards (25!), and I'm still the youngest person in my office. In fact I've spent my entire professional life (been working as an engineer at 19) trying to be taken more seriously despite my age. It will be entertaining to see how elegant adjusts to the workforce, where the vast majority of his colleagues will be older, and will treat his youth and inexperience as a liability rather than an asset.

5x0w

New

Post by 5x0w » Wed May 06, 2009 12:12 pm

nn223 wrote:
kak23 wrote:
elegantswan wrote:
Z25 wrote:I'll be 31 when I graduate (assuming I don't have to go through another cycle). :shock:
perfect example of really fucking old.

i will be 25 when i graduate, and this is after taking a year off.
hahahaha...I'll be 31 when I start law school...34 when I graduate. I'm not concerned about my age at all.
31? What were you doing the past 10 years, jerking off?
Touring the country in a band, living abroad, traveling the world, completing a master's degree, living on both coasts of the US, running my own business, having lots of sex. Let me guess, you have hung out with your buddies, gotten in a fight with your parents a couple of times, and got really pumped about getting your first drink in a bar. Maybe you did an internship or something too. Look forward to those 80-hour weeks for the rest of your life. By the time you are having your mid-life crisis, I will be hitting my stride.

ruraljuror

New

Post by ruraljuror » Wed May 06, 2009 12:48 pm

I'm 25 (I'll be 26 in June), and I am so glad that I didn't go straight to law school! I was definitely not mentally prepared for it when I was 22, and I know that if I had gone straight in I would've just messed around and f'ed it up. Instead I was a ski bum for three years. Nothing fuels a burning need to succeed quite like working 16-hour days, waiting on snobby tourists hand and foot ("those ski pants make your ass look fabulous!" and at night, "would you like a seventh appletini?"). All while completely hungover. For 2 years.

Next year I'll be studying, and going to bed early instead of drinking and partying, because I got all that out of my system years ago.

Not to even mention the fact that if I had gone right into law school, I would be graduating this year.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

356a

New

Post by 356a » Sun May 10, 2009 12:32 pm

edit
Last edited by 356a on Sun May 10, 2009 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

356a

New

Post by 356a » Sun May 10, 2009 12:36 pm

elegantswan wrote:
lrw05d wrote: but graduating young is much better than graduating when you are 30+ (aka ancient dinosaur). if i were still going to school at 30+, I would consider myself a big failure. i mean, how embarrassing would it be to take classes with people 10+ years younger than you?

Not too embarrassing. Maybe that older person had a very successful prior career, and was now going back to learn new things and reposition to give back?

I don't think anyone should ever be embarrassed for wanting to learn more. They should be encouraged and applauded.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”