RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
as stars burn
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

Postby as stars burn » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:51 am

Mtal, after reading most of your posts I'm convinced you are bitter and truly disappointed in yourself for dropping out of law school. In order to make yourself feel better, you come on here "bragging" how you got a finance job and your series tests all paid for and yadda yadda yadda. You're trying to win an argument you're never going to win. This is a LAW SCHOOL forum. Everyone here is interested in, attending, or will be attending law school. I'm not even sure why you still post on here? I thought you gave up on law school?

User avatar
CE2JD
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:33 pm

Re: RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

Postby CE2JD » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:31 am

There's too much retarded arguing and not enough PANICKING in this thread.


AHHHH!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
MTal
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:47 pm

Re: RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

Postby MTal » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:31 am

as stars burn wrote:Mtal, after reading most of your posts I'm convinced you are bitter and truly disappointed in yourself for dropping out of law school. In order to make yourself feel better, you come on here "bragging" how you got a finance job and your series tests all paid for and yadda yadda yadda. You're trying to win an argument you're never going to win. This is a LAW SCHOOL forum. Everyone here is interested in, attending, or will be attending law school. I'm not even sure why you still post on here? I thought you gave up on law school?


Yeah, I'm truly disappointed in not throwing away 50k more (plus lost earnings, don't forget, around 80-100k) for the small chance at having the "priveledge" of practicing in shitlaw! LOL! Yeah, I'm REAL bitter about that kind of lost opportunity.

Why do I post here? Does one need to be a politician in order to post about politics? Honestly, a part of me enjoys dispelling the naive, incredibly idealistic, and downright dellusional attitudes of 80 % of people on this site.

Edit: If I had stayed in, I might have gotten lucky and gotten a job like this:--LinkRemoved--
Good Lord, what WAS I thinking!

mr.undroppable
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:41 pm

Re: RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

Postby mr.undroppable » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:40 am

MTal, adults learn from their mistakes, you seem to really be bitter about it. If law school wasn't for you why are you having such issues moving on? Can't handle the fact that people do crush law school and you just couldn't? Don't feel bad, the world needs low level finance guys to crunch numbers all day too. 70K? omg, that could be you in a few years!!!

User avatar
Kohinoor
Posts: 2756
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 pm

Re: RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

Postby Kohinoor » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:09 pm

mr.undroppable wrote:MTal, adults learn from their mistakes, you seem to really be bitter about it. If law school wasn't for you why are you having such issues moving on? Can't handle the fact that people do crush law school and you just couldn't? Don't feel bad, the world needs low level finance guys to crunch numbers all day too. 70K? omg, that could be you in a few years!!!

The thought of people succeeding where he failed understandably irks him. He just chose to deal with it in a very abrasive, transparent manner.

User avatar
singularity
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:58 pm

Re: RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

Postby singularity » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:24 pm

CE2JD wrote:There's too much retarded arguing and not enough PANICKING in this thread.


AHHHH!!!!!!!!!



Image

"The uncomfortable conclusion of Fisher's analysis is that major business cycle fluctuations are, in fact, caused by over-indebtedness and the fall in asset prices. Our present situation appears to mirror the exact sequence of events that have occurred in previous depressions. This suggests that our current "great recession" may morph into a more serious and elongated downward business cycle."

http://investorsinsight.com/blogs/john_mauldins_outside_the_box/archive/2009/10/12/quarterly-review-and-outlook-third-quarter-2009.aspx

User avatar
D. H2Oman
Posts: 7469
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:47 am

Re: RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

Postby D. H2Oman » Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:58 pm

singularity wrote:
CE2JD wrote:There's too much retarded arguing and not enough PANICKING in this thread.


AHHHH!!!!!!!!!



Image

"The uncomfortable conclusion of Fisher's analysis is that major business cycle fluctuations are, in fact, caused by over-indebtedness and the fall in asset prices. Our present situation appears to mirror the exact sequence of events that have occurred in previous depressions. This suggests that our current "great recession" may morph into a more serious and elongated downward business cycle."

http://investorsinsight.com/blogs/john_mauldins_outside_the_box/archive/2009/10/12/quarterly-review-and-outlook-third-quarter-2009.aspx



http://www.businessinsider.com/2009/2/u ... eaningless

Don't jump yet

User avatar
singularity
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:58 pm

Re: RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

Postby singularity » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:44 pm




Yup - chart is meaningless.
Huzzah! We can continue borrowing with no ramifications.

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: 7 years of HED + 6 figures of law school debt, all for$8/hr?

Postby doinmybest » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:58 am

MTal wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:
Believe whatever you want to believe.

For the sake of repetition: Don't start off-topic threads in the wrong forums or make off-topic posts. It should also go without saying that when you're expressing your views on the future of the legal market and those wishing to get into it, you shouldn't be calling other users names.


1. So posting employment information for 0L's so they can make a more informed decision about whether or not to attend law school is considered off topic?

2. I think the worst thing I have said in my last 100 posts is to call someone an "idiot". Given that much MUCH worse goes on here every day, I am forced to ask, why am I being singled out for something so incredibly minor?


MTal I think I read that you were in law school at some point. Clearly some of things you have to say are accurate. My question is why waste an hour or more posting on "Top Law Schools" if you have no interest in law school or being a lawyer? Why waste time that could obviously be better spent debating with people about the choices they make? How does that benefit you in the least bit?

User avatar
MTal
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:47 pm

Re: 7 years of HED + 6 figures of law school debt, all for$8/hr?

Postby MTal » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:09 am

doinmybest wrote:
MTal wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:
Believe whatever you want to believe.

For the sake of repetition: Don't start off-topic threads in the wrong forums or make off-topic posts. It should also go without saying that when you're expressing your views on the future of the legal market and those wishing to get into it, you shouldn't be calling other users names.


1. So posting employment information for 0L's so they can make a more informed decision about whether or not to attend law school is considered off topic?

2. I think the worst thing I have said in my last 100 posts is to call someone an "idiot". Given that much MUCH worse goes on here every day, I am forced to ask, why am I being singled out for something so incredibly minor?


MTal I think I read that you were in law school at some point. Clearly some of things you have to say are accurate. My question is why waste an hour or more posting on "Top Law Schools" if you have no interest in law school or being a lawyer? Why waste time that could obviously be better spent debating with people about the choices they make? How does that benefit you in the least bit?


I enjoy conflict.

User avatar
laidoffjournalist
Posts: 120
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:41 pm

Re: 7 years of HED + 6 figures of law school debt, all for$8/hr?

Postby laidoffjournalist » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:17 am

MTal wrote:I enjoy conflict.

Too bad you didn't finish law school.

User avatar
solo_lawyer
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:42 am

Re: RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

Postby solo_lawyer » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:12 am

law school is a scam that is based on job and salary stats put out by the law schools. These job and salary stats are as phony as the beard on a shopping mall Santa Claus.

The scammitude of the vast majority of law schools has little to do with the economy, and much to do with greed and fear.

google the phrase "law school scam" or go to the url on the left hand side of this post.

User avatar
Zojirushi
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

Postby Zojirushi » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:20 am

solo_lawyer wrote:law school is a scam that is based on job and salary stats put out by the law schools. These job and salary stats are as phony as the beard on a shopping mall Santa Claus.

The scammitude of the vast majority of law schools has little to do with the economy, and much to do with greed and fear.

google the phrase "law school scam" or go to the url on the left hand side of this post.


Thank you Law School Spam. I so enjoy your repetitive insight.

User avatar
daesonesb
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:18 pm

Re: RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

Postby daesonesb » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:02 pm

I think you have to wonder about someone's agenda, that they dropped out of law school (going on what was said previously) and yet they spend their free time trolling on forums where people come to talk about applying/attending law school.

If you didn't like it, and thought it was a waste to get a JD, good for you. Why hang around here? Do you like to be the one that everyone thinks is a schmuck? Do you go about your everyday life bothering people, then wondering why no one invites you places? Its just a little bizarre that someone who clearly doesn't think law school is worth the money would hang around a forum about law school.

User avatar
solo_lawyer
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:42 am

Re: RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

Postby solo_lawyer » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:10 am

daesonesb wrote:I think you have to wonder about someone's agenda, that they dropped out of law school (going on what was said previously) and yet they spend their free time trolling on forums where people come to talk about applying/attending law school.


have you looked at my user name? I'm a lawyer, idiot. Magna cum laude grad. Top ten percent.

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

Postby YCrevolution » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:04 am

..

User avatar
daesonesb
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:18 pm

Re: RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

Postby daesonesb » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:11 pm

njn
Last edited by daesonesb on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rondemarino
Posts: 529
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:29 am

Re: RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

Postby rondemarino » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:14 pm

solo_lawyer wrote:
daesonesb wrote:I think you have to wonder about someone's agenda, that they dropped out of law school (going on what was said previously) and yet they spend their free time trolling on forums where people come to talk about applying/attending law school.


have you looked at my user name? I'm a lawyer, idiot. Magna cum laude grad. Top ten percent.


From where? And when?
Last edited by rondemarino on Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MTal
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:47 pm

Re: RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

Postby MTal » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:17 pm

YCrevolution wrote: Don't call other users idiots.


Golly gosh darned gee whiz, I don't believe my virgin ears can withstand such a vicious assault on my personhood, will someone please, PLEASE make it stop, I BEG of you!

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

Postby YCrevolution » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:19 pm

..

User avatar
Unemployed
Posts: 699
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:35 am

Re: RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

Postby Unemployed » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re-reading "A Time To Kill" right now... and this gem caught my eye.

"Look, Stan, we're not all filthy rich. A law degree is not worth what it once was - too many of us. Fourteen in this little town. Competition is tough, even in Clanton - not enough good cases and too many lawyers. It's worse in the big towns, and the law schools graduate more and more, many of whom can't find jobs. I get ten kids a year knocking on my door looking for work. A big firm in Memphis laid off some lawyers a few months ago. Can you imagine? Just like a factory, they laid them off. I suppose they went down to the unemployment office and stood in line with the 'dozer operators. Lawyers now, not secretaries or truck drivers, but lawyers."

This book was written in 1984-1987.

User avatar
BaiAilian2013
Posts: 921
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:56 pm

rondemarino wrote:
solo_lawyer wrote:
daesonesb wrote:I think you have to wonder about someone's agenda, that they dropped out of law school (going on what was said previously) and yet they spend their free time trolling on forums where people come to talk about applying/attending law school.


have you looked at my user name? I'm a lawyer, idiot. Magna cum laude grad. Top ten percent.


From where? And when?


I would love to know this too.

User avatar
Rsrcht
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:02 pm

Re: RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

Postby Rsrcht » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:46 am

Great vid webisode on the lawfirm interview for all of the cynics out there:
--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
daesonesb
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:18 pm

Re: RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

Postby daesonesb » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:57 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
rondemarino wrote:
solo_lawyer wrote:
daesonesb wrote:I think you have to wonder about someone's agenda, that they dropped out of law school (going on what was said previously) and yet they spend their free time trolling on forums where people come to talk about applying/attending law school.


have you looked at my user name? I'm a lawyer, idiot. Magna cum laude grad. Top ten percent.


From where? And when?


I would love to know this too.


Gonzaga, Class of 1978.

User avatar
CE2JD
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:33 pm

Re: RECESSION PANIC MEGAPOST: Bad economy threads go here!

Postby CE2JD » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:27 am

It's mind boggling to me that people think the recession is "over."

Any economic growth that takes place this year or in the next few years to come will be solely attributable to GOVERNMENT DEFICIT SPENDING which we will have to pay back via taxation eventually.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AriGold33, Baidu [Spider], BigBear, Google [Bot], ND2018, pd_1023, RamTitan, t-14orbust and 7 guests