Waitlist, rejected?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ejf11
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:56 pm

Waitlist, rejected?

Postby ejf11 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:54 am

I have been waitlisted at Cornell, GW, Notre Dame, and Boston College. I have sent a LOCI to all of them. Will they eventually let me know if I have been rejected or do i just have to assume that I have been if i don't hear anything from them for a few months?

User avatar
IzziesGal
Posts: 764
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:11 pm

Re: Waitlist, rejected?

Postby IzziesGal » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:16 pm

I don't know if they ever get back to you, to be honest. But keep being aggressive. I know Gtown's admissions office told me to send a letter of interest every month or so. The whole squeaky wheel getting the oil, sorta thing.....

ejf11
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:56 pm

Re: Waitlist, rejected?

Postby ejf11 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:03 pm

Hmmmmm, that seems rather rude of schools. So, I could go the whole cycle and never here anything from the schools I've been waitlisted to, even if i submit a LOCI? Thats pretty rude.

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Waitlist, rejected?

Postby JazzOne » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:07 pm

ejf11 wrote:Hmmmmm, that seems rather rude of schools. So, I could go the whole cycle and never here anything from the schools I've been waitlisted to, even if i submit a LOCI? Thats pretty rude.


I have found law school admissions to be MUCH more pleasant than medical school admissions. The doctor who interviewed me at Baylor was a plastic surgeon who showed up a half hour late to the interview.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: Waitlist, rejected?

Postby rayiner » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:19 pm

ejf11 wrote:Hmmmmm, that seems rather rude of schools. So, I could go the whole cycle and never here anything from the schools I've been waitlisted to, even if i submit a LOCI? Thats pretty rude.


I don't know if it applies to law school admissions, but I'm quite sure my brother never heard anything from the schools he was waitlisted at for UG.

User avatar
acr0504
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:55 am

Re: Waitlist, rejected?

Postby acr0504 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:27 pm

ejf11 wrote:Hmmmmm, that seems rather rude of schools. So, I could go the whole cycle and never here anything from the schools I've been waitlisted to, even if i submit a LOCI? Thats pretty rude.



I think it's rather rude of this applicant. I don't think you should send LOCI to four schools begging to be admitted, when you ultimately will only be going to one.

User avatar
lsatismybitchlover
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: Waitlist, rejected?

Postby lsatismybitchlover » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:31 pm

acr0504 wrote:
ejf11 wrote:Hmmmmm, that seems rather rude of schools. So, I could go the whole cycle and never here anything from the schools I've been waitlisted to, even if i submit a LOCI? Thats pretty rude.



I think it's rather rude of this applicant. I don't think you should send LOCI to four schools begging to be admitted, when you ultimately will only be going to one.


What do you expect him to do then? Thats a pretty stupid comment to make. Yes, send LOCI to only one school and when they don't admit him at least he could feel good about himself knowing that he wasn't being "rude." :roll:

User avatar
acr0504
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:55 am

Re: Waitlist, rejected?

Postby acr0504 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:35 pm

lsatismybitchlover wrote:
acr0504 wrote:
ejf11 wrote:Hmmmmm, that seems rather rude of schools. So, I could go the whole cycle and never here anything from the schools I've been waitlisted to, even if i submit a LOCI? Thats pretty rude.



I think it's rather rude of this applicant. I don't think you should send LOCI to four schools begging to be admitted, when you ultimately will only be going to one.


What do you expect him to do then? Thats a pretty stupid comment to make. Yes, send LOCI to only one school and when they don't admit him at least he could feel good about himself knowing that he wasn't being "rude." :roll:


It depends on what he's saying in the LOCI. It is stupid of applicants to apply to 25 schools, 20 of which they would never attend, and then try to get off the WL at all of them.

Assuming he's DYING to go to any of those schools I don't like it.

For those of us who send very sincere LOCI to the one or two schools we're actually dying to go to, all of you over-LOCI senders are annoying. Stop taking our spots unless you REALLY want to go.

If EJF really REALLY wants to go to any of the four schools, then fine, LOCI away.

de5igual
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: Waitlist, rejected?

Postby de5igual » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:38 pm

bitter much?

User avatar
acr0504
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:55 am

Re: Waitlist, rejected?

Postby acr0504 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:40 pm

nah, don't get me wrong. I just think it's ridiculous to send LOCI to every waitlist school, again unless he really wants to go.

I wish him luck.

ejf11
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:56 pm

Re: Waitlist, rejected?

Postby ejf11 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:03 am

Hey guy, I've been waitlisted to like 10 schools. I'm sending in 4 LOCIs. I dont say "if admitted I will certainly attend". I say "I am very interested in remaining on the waitlist". So take it easy.

Writing LOCIs to schools you would likely attend but are reaches is definitely the way to do it. These schools have such high matriculation rates that they take very few people off of the list and its the way to play your odds (if your serious about the school). Its not like if i get admitted to two of them, the one I dont pick is going to suffer; there are a ton of applicants who would be ready to jump into my place. Also, I regrettably failed to write any targeted essays because I put all my eggs in the wrong basket. These letters give me the chance to talk about what I like about the school and I am definitely going to take that opportunity.

Dont be bitter. Save that for the people who have been waitlisted to 10 or more schools.

User avatar
acr0504
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:55 am

Re: Waitlist, rejected?

Postby acr0504 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:04 am

ejf11 wrote:Hey guy, I've been waitlisted to like 10 schools. I'm sending in 4 LOCIs. I dont say "if admitted I will certainly attend". I say "I am very interested in remaining on the waitlist". So take it easy.

Writing LOCIs to schools you would likely attend but are reaches is definitely the way to do it. These schools have such high matriculation rates that they take very few people off of the list and its the way to play your odds (if your serious about the school). Its not like if i get admitted to two of them, the one I dont pick is going to suffer; there are a ton of applicants who would be ready to jump into my place. Also, I regrettably failed to write any targeted essays because I put all my eggs in the wrong basket. These letters give me the chance to talk about what I like about the school and I am definitely going to take that opportunity.

Dont be bitter. Save that for the people who have been waitlisted to 10 or more schools.



NOT BITTER!! I hope you get in for the love!! If you didn't write the "why x" essays I totally think you're doing the right thing.

I just don't like that some other's SWEAR in 10 LOCI that they will attend the school if admitted.

ejf11
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:56 pm

Re: Waitlist, rejected?

Postby ejf11 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:13 pm

Ahhh Agreed. I'm definitely keeping it to schools that I would love to attend. Good luck!

User avatar
unfgolfer14
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:10 am

Re: Waitlist, rejected?

Postby unfgolfer14 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:16 pm

acr0504 wrote:
ejf11 wrote:Hey guy, I've been waitlisted to like 10 schools. I'm sending in 4 LOCIs. I dont say "if admitted I will certainly attend". I say "I am very interested in remaining on the waitlist". So take it easy.

Writing LOCIs to schools you would likely attend but are reaches is definitely the way to do it. These schools have such high matriculation rates that they take very few people off of the list and its the way to play your odds (if your serious about the school). Its not like if i get admitted to two of them, the one I dont pick is going to suffer; there are a ton of applicants who would be ready to jump into my place. Also, I regrettably failed to write any targeted essays because I put all my eggs in the wrong basket. These letters give me the chance to talk about what I like about the school and I am definitely going to take that opportunity.

Dont be bitter. Save that for the people who have been waitlisted to 10 or more schools.



NOT BITTER!! I hope you get in for the love!! If you didn't write the "why x" essays I totally think you're doing the right thing.

I just don't like that some other's SWEAR in 10 LOCI that they will attend the school if admitted.



You should target your bitterness to the URM who have 6 points lower on the LSAT and a lower GPA, yet still get the full rides when other people are getting rejected....aw well, I guess it'll help with the curve....

rubena356
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:17 am

Re: Waitlist, rejected?

Postby rubena356 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:20 pm

Bitter Today???

User avatar
Gymnast0206
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:16 am

Re: Waitlist, rejected?

Postby Gymnast0206 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:22 pm

Bitter and slightly racist there.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], retromuse and 9 guests