So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
PrudenceNeverLied

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby PrudenceNeverLied » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:22 am

AJaKe wrote:My last day is Friday, they are holding a party for me. Rock on.

Awesome. Three weeks here, minus time served today.

hoffb86

Postby hoffb86 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:28 am

FRIDAY FRIDAY FRIDAY!! Yay!

scaredstiff165

Postby scaredstiff165 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:50 am

My last day is also Friday! :mrgreen: Tomorrow is my one year anniversary. And they're taking me out to lunch tomorrow. I'm moving Thursday and coming back in Friday for my last hoorah!

Kind of bittersweet. I get real emotional. Hopefully I don't end up crying tomorrow at lunch. :|

Lily

Postby Lily » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:55 am

scaredstiff165 wrote:My last day is also Friday! :mrgreen: Tomorrow is my one year anniversary. And they're taking me out to lunch tomorrow. I'm moving Thursday and coming back in Friday for my last hoorah!

Kind of bittersweet. I get real emotional. Hopefully I don't end up crying tomorrow at lunch. :|

You think you've got it bad—I have been working in this office since 2003. It is going to be so strange/sad to leave. Enjoy your last week! (:

n4sir1999

Postby n4sir1999 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:22 am

should I care about how I leave this job (serving) since it's not a "professional" one. Are potential employers really going to care that I called out my last 2 days? (I already put in a 2 weeks notice 12 days ago)

hoffb86

Postby hoffb86 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:39 am

My last week of work has sucked - I've been ridiculously busy. But, i keep telling myself i'm almost there!

itzjulz

Postby itzjulz » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:51 am

TODAY IS MY LAST DAY!!! :D 8) :D 8) :D

On a slightly ranting note: I work in a small office, and one of my coworkers is also leaving after today (for grad school). My boss and his wife planned to throw us both a going away party at their home tonight - until yesterday when my coworker announced that he might not be able to make it because he has "a lot of packing to do". Now, my boss is offended and the party has been downgraded to basically an after-work happy hour at the office. BS - I want my party! :evil:

PrudenceNeverLied

Postby PrudenceNeverLied » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:51 am

n4sir1999 wrote:should I care about how I leave this job (serving) since it's not a "professional" one. Are potential employers really going to care that I called out my last 2 days? (I already put in a 2 weeks notice 12 days ago)

If you're not going to use it as a reference and you don't want to work the last two days, close enough in my opinion. I might go ahead and let them know that when you call in on Thursday, it's probably going to last until forever.

Lily

Postby Lily » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:52 am

itzjulz wrote:TODAY IS MY LAST DAY!!! :D 8) :D 8) :D

On a slightly ranting note: I work in a small office, and one of my coworkers is also leaving after today (for grad school). My boss and his wife planned to throw us both a going away party at their home tonight - until yesterday when my coworker announced that he might not be able to make it because he has "a lot of packing to do". Now, my boss is offended and the party has been downgraded to basically an after-work happy hour at the office. BS - I want my party! :evil:

Hey, the party is all about you now, though. That's a plus! hehe.

DjaliBashit

Postby DjaliBashit » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:39 am

Friday's my last day. A Kindle was delivered yesterday and when I asked about it, the receptionist snatched the box and put it in a drawer.

(I think it's for me!)

fightin illini 25

Postby fightin illini 25 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:44 am

Last day is Friday and this week is dragging by soooooooo slowly...Though I do have a farewell lunch to look forward to on Friday at Hub 51 in Chicago :D

itzjulz

Postby itzjulz » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:48 am

fightin illini 25 wrote:Last day is Friday and this week is dragging by soooooooo slowly...Though I do have a farewell lunch to look forward to on Friday at Hub 51 in Chicago :D

Jealous! My farewell lunch is some sort of carryout brought to the office.

Then again, I work in Evanston and so the choice of restaurants is pretty limited.

emoticons777

Postby emoticons777 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:09 am

TODAY IS MY LAST DAY TODAY IS MY LAST DAY TODAY IS MY LAST DAY TODAY IS MY LAST DAY TODAY IS MY LAST DAY TODAY IS MY LAST DAY TODAY IS MY LAST DAY TODAY IS MY LAST DAY TODAY IS MY LAST DAY TODAY IS MY LAST DAY TODAY IS MY LAST DAY TODAY IS MY LAST DAY TODAY IS MY LAST DAY TODAY IS MY LAST DAY TODAY IS MY LAST DAY

summertimechi

Postby summertimechi » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:11 am

just handed in my resignation letter w/ 2 weeks notice. exciting!

Lily

Postby Lily » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:19 am

Mine's next Friday. We're doing some kind of ice cream party next Wednesday. hehe. funny.

Law_Walker84

Postby Law_Walker84 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:46 am

Today is my last day and I haven't done any work. The "replacement" has been handed the load and I've been browsing the internet and chatting with friends.

hoffb86

Postby hoffb86 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:52 am

Today is my last day, and I've actually had to do a little bit of work... Not much, but just organizing a few of my files before I head out.

Attorneys on my case are taking me out to lunch, then I have an exit interview, a little bit more work, some goodbyes, and then I'm out... I am actually finding it more bitter-sweet than I thought it would be. Weird. Luckily, I am meeting up with the DC TLS'ers after work for some drinks... (went out with my co-workers last night).

Chewbacca Defense

Postby Chewbacca Defense » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:55 am

I gave my two weeks notice at the beginning of this week, now I'm trying to figure out how many staplers I can stuff in my pants without anyone noticing

Leeroy Jenkins

Postby Leeroy Jenkins » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:04 pm

spent like 3 hours running around outside getting my separation papers signed ftl

General Tso

Postby General Tso » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:42 pm

summertimechi wrote:just handed in my resignation letter w/ 2 weeks notice. exciting!

I am doing the same in about 2 hours :D

Aeroplane

Postby Aeroplane » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:47 pm

Only two weeks to go. I gave my notice 2.5 months ago, but the reality of leaving has really only begun to dawn on me this week. There's a good chance I'll end up back here 1L summer though.

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:50 pm

Aeroplane wrote:Only two weeks to go. I gave my notice 2.5 months ago, but the reality of leaving has really only begun to dawn on me this week. There's a good chance I'll end up back here 1L summer though.

LOL. I can do this exact same post with the exact same numbers.

Aeroplane

Postby Aeroplane » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:54 pm

rayiner wrote:
Aeroplane wrote:Only two weeks to go. I gave my notice 2.5 months ago, but the reality of leaving has really only begun to dawn on me this week. There's a good chance I'll end up back here 1L summer though.

:D Hopefully, I'll be back as an intern in the legal dept. I already talked to HR and prospects are good. But if that doesn't work out, I'll be back doing nerd stuff part-time so I can do something unpaid & law-related elsewhere. We'll see... :?:

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:56 pm

Aeroplane wrote:
rayiner wrote:

:D Hopefully, I'll be back as an intern in the legal dept. I already talked to HR and prospects are good. But if that doesn't work out, I'll be back doing nerd stuff part-time so I can do something unpaid & law-related elsewhere. We'll see... :?:

We don't have a legal department, but we have some JDs in-house that split between patent stuff and regulatory issues.

But yeah, similar plan here. Nerd stuff part-time FTW.

General Tso

Postby General Tso » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:54 pm

TWO WEEK NOTICE JUST SENT

woo hoo :D :D :D :D :D

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”