So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JuryDueT1000

New

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Post by JuryDueT1000 » Fri May 29, 2009 12:59 pm

I started this thread on jan 29, and today I finally fucking quit!!!!!!! Wooo hoooo! I'm taking the next two months off beotches!!!!!! AHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO

emoticons777

Bronze

Post by emoticons777 » Fri May 29, 2009 1:10 pm

I read this thread every day - while sitting at my desk and procrastinating on my work. It reminds me that relief is in sight. Two more months . . .

Law_Walker84

New

Post by Law_Walker84 » Fri May 29, 2009 1:17 pm

JuryDueT1000 wrote:I started this thread on jan 29, and today I finally fucking quit!!!!!!! Wooo hoooo! I'm taking the next two months off beotches!!!!!! AHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO
I hate you :x ... JK

My last day is 07.31.09.... Doing time on Peachtree Street :cry:

2012orbust

New

Post by 2012orbust » Fri May 29, 2009 1:34 pm

Today I got called into a quick meeting where I was told I need to step it up a bit if I want to get a raise at my review in September (aka when I will definitely no longer be working here.) Apparently showing up at 11am hasn't helped my productivity. It was not easy to keep a straight face.

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Fri May 29, 2009 1:52 pm

2012orbust wrote:Today I got called into a quick meeting where I was told I need to step it up a bit if I want to get a raise at my review in September (aka when I will definitely no longer be working here.) Apparently showing up at 11am hasn't helped my productivity. It was not easy to keep a straight face.
+1 ... :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

4evasassy

New

Post by 4evasassy » Fri May 29, 2009 1:54 pm

Gave my two week notice today!

paranoid android

New

Post by paranoid android » Fri May 29, 2009 1:56 pm

84 working hours left... most of it will be spent on a combo of ESPN, Bloomberg, TLS and listening to pandora.

JuryDueT1000

New

Post by JuryDueT1000 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:04 pm

paranoid android wrote:84 working hours left... most of it will be spent on a combo of ESPN, Bloomberg, TLS and listening to pandora.
I love our generation!! Only WE could get away with playing around on the computer all day, get paid for it, AND still complain!

HA!

qaz57wsx

New

Post by qaz57wsx » Fri May 29, 2009 2:05 pm

emoticons777 wrote:I read this thread every day - while sitting at my desk and procrastinating on my work. It reminds me that relief is in sight. Two more months . . .

+1 7/31/09, best day of my life.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Law_Walker84

New

Post by Law_Walker84 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:06 pm

I love our generation!! Only WE could get away with playing around on the computer all day, get paid for it, AND still complain!

HA![/quote]

Exactly....

TSL, Twitter, FB, WSJ, Drudge.... I could go on and on... :wink:

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:10 pm

As it turns out, my 2 month summer sabbatical at 50% pay will now begin on Monday. I'll return to work on August 10th only to put in my 2-week notice. :D

meteor

New

Post by meteor » Fri May 29, 2009 2:11 pm

Im doing some last minute mind fucking at work. I told my supervisor that im leaving in 3 weeks to Law School because I see no movement from my $10/hour position. Im doing this because he fucked me out of a raise + promotion (and he admitted this to me because he is a dumbass). Anyway he told the boss about my desire to leave and realized that he's screwed if i do leave because i've been doing a hell of a job here. So now the boss is being all cute and sweet and wants to talk to me about a promotion+raise. I've made up my mind about law school and there is no going back but i do want some extra income before i leave this place.

Any thoughts on what i should do? should i reject the promotion+raise or should take it and still leave in 3 weeks. Mind you, my girlfriend's mother got me this job. Discuss

tempurabanana

New

Post by tempurabanana » Fri May 29, 2009 2:14 pm

Office party in 40 minutes for me, last day is Wednesday, moving to Boston in two weeks...

Let's see how quickly I go through my savings before student loans disburse!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

thefossilcrew

New

Post by thefossilcrew » Fri May 29, 2009 2:14 pm

meteor wrote:Im doing some last minute mind fucking at work. I told my supervisor that im leaving in 3 weeks to Law School because I see no movement from my $10/hour position. Im doing this because he fucked me out of a raise + promotion (and he admitted this to me because he is a dumbass). Anyway he told the boss about my desire to leave and realized that he's screwed if i do leave because i've been doing a hell of a job here. So now the boss is being all cute and sweet and wants to talk to me about a promotion+raise. I've made up my mind about law school and there is no going back but i do want some extra income before i leave this place.

Any thoughts on what i should do? should i reject the promotion+raise or should take it and still leave in 3 weeks. Mind you, my girlfriend's mother got me this job. Discuss

Take the promotion & raise. Ask for 2 extra wks in vacation days. Then quit.

JuryDueT1000

New

Post by JuryDueT1000 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:15 pm

meteor wrote:Im doing some last minute mind fucking at work. I told my supervisor that im leaving in 3 weeks to Law School because I see no movement from my $10/hour position. Im doing this because he fucked me out of a raise + promotion (and he admitted this to me because he is a dumbass). Anyway he told the boss about my desire to leave and realized that he's screwed if i do leave because i've been doing a hell of a job here. So now the boss is being all cute and sweet and wants to talk to me about a promotion+raise. I've made up my mind about law school and there is no going back but i do want some extra income before i leave this place.

$10 an hour? Are you kidding?

Mind you, you don't even need a high school education to make $10 an hour. Janitors make more than that...

Hook 'Em

Bronze

Post by Hook 'Em » Fri May 29, 2009 2:16 pm

qaz57wsx wrote:
emoticons777 wrote:I read this thread every day - while sitting at my desk and procrastinating on my work. It reminds me that relief is in sight. Two more months . . .

+1 7/31/09, best day of my life.

joepa

New

Post by joepa » Fri May 29, 2009 2:22 pm

My last day is June 26. I'm currently working on a project with a 7/10 implementation date. I can't risk being fired earlier, but really don't want to leave everyone hanging. No idea what to do here...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

meteor

New

Post by meteor » Fri May 29, 2009 2:22 pm

JuryDueT1000 wrote:

Mind you, you don't even need a high school education to make $10 an hour. Janitors make more than that...
TO add insult to injury- i have to travel 2 hours to work and 2 hours back + they treat me as if i make 80k here. My job is fairly significant here and i work for 3 nursing homes simultaneously. I have to wake up at 5:30 every day to make it to work. The person who worked here before me got 10 an hour for the last 4 fucking years. In addition i work in a shanty office inside a maintenance shop and they force me to wear business pants and shoes in the midst of all this dirt. My prior job was in the federal govt and i graduated on top of my class in undergrad.

This is how bad the economy is. A day hasnt gone by when i didnt consider quitting and/or killing myself

sf87

New

Post by sf87 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:25 pm

meteor wrote:
JuryDueT1000 wrote:

TO add insult to injury- i have to travel 2 hours to work and 2 hours back + they treat me as if i make 80k here. My job is fairly significant here and i work for 3 nursing homes simultaneously. I have to wake up at 5:30 every day to make it to work. The person who worked here before me got 10 an hour for the last 4 fucking years. In addition i work in a shanty office inside a maintenance shop and they force me to wear business pants and shoes in the midst of all this dirt. My prior job was in the federal govt and i graduated on top of my class in undergrad.

This is how bad the economy is. A day hasnt gone by when i didnt consider quitting and/or killing myself
:( :( :(

JuryDueT1000

New

Post by JuryDueT1000 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:25 pm

meteor wrote:
JuryDueT1000 wrote:

You can work from home as a customer care agent for $10 an hour. No commute and you're a full-time employee with benefits.

Visit http://www.alpineaccess.com. You're welcome!

sf87

New

Post by sf87 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:26 pm

I graduated a couple weeks ago and haven't found a job yet...I only need something temporary (until mid-August) but it's been impossible so far. :roll:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

penni_rose

Bronze

Post by penni_rose » Fri May 29, 2009 2:27 pm

I was offered a pretty hefty promotion/raise recently. I considered taking it to get the extra money while I'm still here, but it requires extra training which would pretty much take up the 6 weeks I have left. I think it would be cruel to take a new job and then quit anyway, although, it would be a nice "screw you" to a company that treats you like crap.

whyamidoingthis

Bronze

Post by whyamidoingthis » Fri May 29, 2009 2:27 pm

I'm no longer paying rent so every paycheck for the next two weeks is completely saveable money. Yet I can't bring myself to go to work today. Dammit.

meteor

New

Post by meteor » Fri May 29, 2009 2:29 pm

JuryDueT1000 wrote:
meteor wrote:
JuryDueT1000 wrote:

You can work from home as a customer care agent for $10 an hour. No commute and you're a full-time employee with benefits.

Visit http://www.alpineaccess.com. You're welcome!
its too late bro. I guess a shitty job will persuade me to study harder in law school so that i shouldnt ever have to be in such a dysmal position.

meteor

New

Post by meteor » Fri May 29, 2009 2:30 pm

sf87 wrote:I graduated a couple weeks ago and haven't found a job yet...I only need something temporary (until mid-August) but it's been impossible so far. :roll:
take my job.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”