So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JuryDueT1000

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby JuryDueT1000 » Fri May 29, 2009 12:59 pm

I started this thread on jan 29, and today I finally fucking quit!!!!!!! Wooo hoooo! I'm taking the next two months off beotches!!!!!! AHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO

emoticons777

Postby emoticons777 » Fri May 29, 2009 1:10 pm

I read this thread every day - while sitting at my desk and procrastinating on my work. It reminds me that relief is in sight. Two more months . . .

Law_Walker84

Postby Law_Walker84 » Fri May 29, 2009 1:17 pm

JuryDueT1000 wrote:I started this thread on jan 29, and today I finally fucking quit!!!!!!! Wooo hoooo! I'm taking the next two months off beotches!!!!!! AHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO

I hate you :x ... JK

My last day is 07.31.09.... Doing time on Peachtree Street :cry:

2012orbust

Postby 2012orbust » Fri May 29, 2009 1:34 pm

Today I got called into a quick meeting where I was told I need to step it up a bit if I want to get a raise at my review in September (aka when I will definitely no longer be working here.) Apparently showing up at 11am hasn't helped my productivity. It was not easy to keep a straight face.

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Fri May 29, 2009 1:52 pm

2012orbust wrote:Today I got called into a quick meeting where I was told I need to step it up a bit if I want to get a raise at my review in September (aka when I will definitely no longer be working here.) Apparently showing up at 11am hasn't helped my productivity. It was not easy to keep a straight face.

+1 ... :)

4evasassy

Postby 4evasassy » Fri May 29, 2009 1:54 pm

Gave my two week notice today!

paranoid android

Postby paranoid android » Fri May 29, 2009 1:56 pm

84 working hours left... most of it will be spent on a combo of ESPN, Bloomberg, TLS and listening to pandora.

JuryDueT1000

Postby JuryDueT1000 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:04 pm

paranoid android wrote:84 working hours left... most of it will be spent on a combo of ESPN, Bloomberg, TLS and listening to pandora.

I love our generation!! Only WE could get away with playing around on the computer all day, get paid for it, AND still complain!

HA!

qaz57wsx

Postby qaz57wsx » Fri May 29, 2009 2:05 pm

emoticons777 wrote:I read this thread every day - while sitting at my desk and procrastinating on my work. It reminds me that relief is in sight. Two more months . . .

+1 7/31/09, best day of my life.

Law_Walker84

Postby Law_Walker84 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:06 pm

I love our generation!! Only WE could get away with playing around on the computer all day, get paid for it, AND still complain!

HA![/quote]

Exactly....

TSL, Twitter, FB, WSJ, Drudge.... I could go on and on... :wink:

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:10 pm

As it turns out, my 2 month summer sabbatical at 50% pay will now begin on Monday. I'll return to work on August 10th only to put in my 2-week notice. :D

meteor

Postby meteor » Fri May 29, 2009 2:11 pm

Im doing some last minute mind fucking at work. I told my supervisor that im leaving in 3 weeks to Law School because I see no movement from my $10/hour position. Im doing this because he fucked me out of a raise + promotion (and he admitted this to me because he is a dumbass). Anyway he told the boss about my desire to leave and realized that he's screwed if i do leave because i've been doing a hell of a job here. So now the boss is being all cute and sweet and wants to talk to me about a promotion+raise. I've made up my mind about law school and there is no going back but i do want some extra income before i leave this place.

Any thoughts on what i should do? should i reject the promotion+raise or should take it and still leave in 3 weeks. Mind you, my girlfriend's mother got me this job. Discuss

tempurabanana

Postby tempurabanana » Fri May 29, 2009 2:14 pm

Office party in 40 minutes for me, last day is Wednesday, moving to Boston in two weeks...

Let's see how quickly I go through my savings before student loans disburse!

thefossilcrew

Postby thefossilcrew » Fri May 29, 2009 2:14 pm

meteor wrote:Im doing some last minute mind fucking at work. I told my supervisor that im leaving in 3 weeks to Law School because I see no movement from my $10/hour position. Im doing this because he fucked me out of a raise + promotion (and he admitted this to me because he is a dumbass). Anyway he told the boss about my desire to leave and realized that he's screwed if i do leave because i've been doing a hell of a job here. So now the boss is being all cute and sweet and wants to talk to me about a promotion+raise. I've made up my mind about law school and there is no going back but i do want some extra income before i leave this place.

Any thoughts on what i should do? should i reject the promotion+raise or should take it and still leave in 3 weeks. Mind you, my girlfriend's mother got me this job. Discuss

Take the promotion & raise. Ask for 2 extra wks in vacation days. Then quit.

JuryDueT1000

Postby JuryDueT1000 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:15 pm

meteor wrote:Im doing some last minute mind fucking at work. I told my supervisor that im leaving in 3 weeks to Law School because I see no movement from my $10/hour position. Im doing this because he fucked me out of a raise + promotion (and he admitted this to me because he is a dumbass). Anyway he told the boss about my desire to leave and realized that he's screwed if i do leave because i've been doing a hell of a job here. So now the boss is being all cute and sweet and wants to talk to me about a promotion+raise. I've made up my mind about law school and there is no going back but i do want some extra income before i leave this place.

$10 an hour? Are you kidding?

Mind you, you don't even need a high school education to make $10 an hour. Janitors make more than that...

Hook 'Em

Postby Hook 'Em » Fri May 29, 2009 2:16 pm

qaz57wsx wrote:
emoticons777 wrote:I read this thread every day - while sitting at my desk and procrastinating on my work. It reminds me that relief is in sight. Two more months . . .

+1 7/31/09, best day of my life.

joepa

Postby joepa » Fri May 29, 2009 2:22 pm

My last day is June 26. I'm currently working on a project with a 7/10 implementation date. I can't risk being fired earlier, but really don't want to leave everyone hanging. No idea what to do here...

meteor

Postby meteor » Fri May 29, 2009 2:22 pm

JuryDueT1000 wrote:

Mind you, you don't even need a high school education to make $10 an hour. Janitors make more than that...

TO add insult to injury- i have to travel 2 hours to work and 2 hours back + they treat me as if i make 80k here. My job is fairly significant here and i work for 3 nursing homes simultaneously. I have to wake up at 5:30 every day to make it to work. The person who worked here before me got 10 an hour for the last 4 fucking years. In addition i work in a shanty office inside a maintenance shop and they force me to wear business pants and shoes in the midst of all this dirt. My prior job was in the federal govt and i graduated on top of my class in undergrad.

This is how bad the economy is. A day hasnt gone by when i didnt consider quitting and/or killing myself

sf87

Postby sf87 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:25 pm

meteor wrote:
JuryDueT1000 wrote:

TO add insult to injury- i have to travel 2 hours to work and 2 hours back + they treat me as if i make 80k here. My job is fairly significant here and i work for 3 nursing homes simultaneously. I have to wake up at 5:30 every day to make it to work. The person who worked here before me got 10 an hour for the last 4 fucking years. In addition i work in a shanty office inside a maintenance shop and they force me to wear business pants and shoes in the midst of all this dirt. My prior job was in the federal govt and i graduated on top of my class in undergrad.

This is how bad the economy is. A day hasnt gone by when i didnt consider quitting and/or killing myself

:( :( :(

JuryDueT1000

Postby JuryDueT1000 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:25 pm

meteor wrote:
JuryDueT1000 wrote:

You can work from home as a customer care agent for $10 an hour. No commute and you're a full-time employee with benefits.

Visit http://www.alpineaccess.com. You're welcome!

sf87

Postby sf87 » Fri May 29, 2009 2:26 pm

I graduated a couple weeks ago and haven't found a job yet...I only need something temporary (until mid-August) but it's been impossible so far. :roll:

penni_rose

Postby penni_rose » Fri May 29, 2009 2:27 pm

I was offered a pretty hefty promotion/raise recently. I considered taking it to get the extra money while I'm still here, but it requires extra training which would pretty much take up the 6 weeks I have left. I think it would be cruel to take a new job and then quit anyway, although, it would be a nice "screw you" to a company that treats you like crap.

whyamidoingthis

Postby whyamidoingthis » Fri May 29, 2009 2:27 pm

I'm no longer paying rent so every paycheck for the next two weeks is completely saveable money. Yet I can't bring myself to go to work today. Dammit.

meteor

Postby meteor » Fri May 29, 2009 2:29 pm

JuryDueT1000 wrote:
meteor wrote:
JuryDueT1000 wrote:

You can work from home as a customer care agent for $10 an hour. No commute and you're a full-time employee with benefits.

Visit http://www.alpineaccess.com. You're welcome!

its too late bro. I guess a shitty job will persuade me to study harder in law school so that i shouldnt ever have to be in such a dysmal position.

meteor

Postby meteor » Fri May 29, 2009 2:30 pm

sf87 wrote:I graduated a couple weeks ago and haven't found a job yet...I only need something temporary (until mid-August) but it's been impossible so far. :roll:

take my job.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”