So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
utswdukie80

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby utswdukie80 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:22 pm

jmhendri wrote:Receptionist's Log: 7/23/10

As of today, I have three weeks left at this soul sucking hell hole. My mind is trashed, useless really at this point. I've grown to detest the over weight, sad sacks of flesh that serve as the administrative support staff whom I'll one day have to rely on. What is the deal with bagel Friday and why is it so fucking important to these people?? Must we have access to empty carbs in order to get along? Sigh, 3 weeks.

At least I don't feel like this guy/gal... Thanks! :D

Big Tuna

Postby Big Tuna » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:24 pm

Last edited by Big Tuna on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:25 pm

I quit today, and it sure feels good!

jmhendri

Postby jmhendri » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:25 pm

utswdukie80 wrote:
jmhendri wrote:Receptionist's Log: 7/23/10

As of today, I have three weeks left at this soul sucking hell hole. My mind is trashed, useless really at this point. I've grown to detest the over weight, sad sacks of flesh that serve as the administrative support staff whom I'll one day have to rely on. What is the deal with bagel Friday and why is it so fucking important to these people?? Must we have access to empty carbs in order to get along? Sigh, 3 weeks.

At least I don't feel like this guy/gal... Thanks! :D

fixed. Glad I could help.

holydonkey

Postby holydonkey » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:35 pm

6 work days. so close...

trialjunky

Postby trialjunky » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:35 pm

I literally havent done one thing at work today except TLS, read bad HP fanfiction and gossip.

God, I HATE my job!!

Big Tuna

Postby Big Tuna » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:36 pm

Last edited by Big Tuna on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

ram jam

Postby ram jam » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Big Tuna wrote:
trialjunky wrote:I literally havent done one thing at work today except TLS, read bad HP fanfiction and gossip.

God, I HATE my job!!

Hoping this is sarcasm, you are getting paid to do no work! That is the best job ever

I also fall into this category.

1 more week!!!

utswdukie80

Postby utswdukie80 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:41 pm

The only thing getting me through these last days is knowing I'm accruing all of this paid time off I'll get back when I leave... My last paycheck is gonna be huge.

TCScrutinizer

Postby TCScrutinizer » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:22 pm

utswdukie80 wrote:The only thing getting me through these last days is knowing I'm accruing all of this paid time off I'll get back when I leave... My last paycheck is gonna be huge.

Lucky bastard. I'm losing about $2,000 in paid time off when I leave. Company policies. Use it or lose it; can't use any of it in the last two weeks; mine recycled right at the start of my last two weeks.

You know, as professional as I'm trying to make my exit IRL, I'm going to be ecstatic to leave this poorly-run employee-abusing fuck-ass company.

Merr

Postby Merr » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Finished for the time being...Now its time to pack for the beach. :)

thepaintrain

Postby thepaintrain » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:28 pm

About to clock out! Officially my last post I will make before I live in L.A. tomorrow!

sibley

Postby sibley » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:22 pm

Work made me quit 2 weeks earlier than I would have liked (drat it getting out that I was leaving), but... hey! SO nice not to have to spend all day in a windowless room with people who spout off nonsense about how Obama caused the economic problems. I mean, maybe he did. Maybe he just made it look like it was his predecessor so he'd be more easily elected. But maybe they've just been listening to too much radio and others with no qualifications and not reading enough newspapers, too. Not that reporters are specially qualified. But if you write an article you have to know SOMEthing, right?...

MissSaunders

Postby MissSaunders » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:15 am

My last day is Friday. Despite having known that this was a possibility for six months, and two months of official notice, my bosses are completely unprepared for me to leave. They are still assigning high priority projects to me as though I am not leaving in 4 days--projects I cannot hope to complete. They even told me that until (very) recently, they didn't think I would actually leave. I thought I would be the one in the state of denial, not them, it is very strange. My job was an incredible opportunity, and I will miss it, but I can't wait to be done! Congratulations to all those who are finished!

HBK

Postby HBK » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:34 am

TCScrutinizer wrote:
utswdukie80 wrote:The only thing getting me through these last days is knowing I'm accruing all of this paid time off I'll get back when I leave... My last paycheck is gonna be huge.

Lucky bastard. I'm losing about $2,000 in paid time off when I leave. Company policies. Use it or lose it; can't use any of it in the last two weeks; mine recycled right at the start of my last two weeks.

You know, as professional as I'm trying to make my exit IRL, I'm going to be ecstatic to leave this poorly-run employee-abusing fuck-ass company.

My company has the same policy. 4 weeks ago, I laid it out for them: I have 5 weeks left (with some company travel during). Do you really want me to be out of the office for two of them? No? Then pay me for two weeks after I leave. And they agreed to pay me.

TonyDigital

Postby TonyDigital » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:56 am

TCScrutinizer wrote:

Wow that sucks...my old company had the policy of not allowing any PTO to be taken in the last two weeks of employment but they still cut a check for the accrued PTO. At least you know you're leaving a sorry ass company, that's reason to celebrate.

HazelEyes

Postby HazelEyes » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:19 pm

Friday was my last day. S'long suckers. I actually miss that place. Feels like I grew up there (ages 21-26) were spent there.

Still hoping they'll take me on PT so I can get some extra $$$.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:26 pm

8 days to go.
Will be back over winter break (and possibly part of summer depending on what happens) to make a little extra $$ :).

billyez

Postby billyez » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:55 pm

The job I started in high school...the one that paid for my AP Tests, my community college classes, and perhaps a little more than half of my my university education is now over. The last few days I was there I was really getting all nostalgic, especially since I was there when the place opened. I learned a lot about what I was capable of from the years I spent at that place. But I suppose it's time for a new chapter.

I have a decision to make about whether I'll go back during Winter Break...but I don't think I will, unless I do so bad on my Finals that I decide to make a career out of theater management.

MURPH

Postby MURPH » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:25 am

I think tonight is my last night. I haven't told anyone. I sent my boss a letter of resignation on the morning she left for vacation. She acknowledged it and will be returning from vacation in the morning. I'll stop in to say goodbye to her in the morning. She is the best boss I ever had because we see each other in the hallway about once a month and she says hello and I smile back at her. Once a year we have an annual evaluation of my performance and she says everything is fine. It lasts about 5 minutes. She is the least pain in the ass boss ever.

My job is actually OK too. I am a night shift nurse in a small hospital in Hawaii. It is a dead end job. There is a possibility of advancement but I got promoted to manager at my last job and I hated it so I came here to be a worker bee again. It is quiet. I was able to study for the LSAT at work and now I read E&E's sometimes. I hate my career but I like my job. I thought I would be more excited to leave but it is pretty much a non-event. I am much more excited about finding a new house and moving to LA and starting school. I'll miss the fat paychecks too.

sarahd

Postby sarahd » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:18 am

MissSaunders wrote:My last day is Friday. Despite having known that this was a possibility for six months, and two months of official notice, my bosses are completely unprepared for me to leave. They are still assigning high priority projects to me as though I am not leaving in 4 days--projects I cannot hope to complete. They even told me that until (very) recently, they didn't think I would actually leave. I thought I would be the one in the state of denial, not them, it is very strange. My job was an incredible opportunity, and I will miss it, but I can't wait to be done! Congratulations to all those who are finished!

This is exactly what I am going through...although yesterday they finally started figuring out I really am leaving and Sunday will be my last day. I work for a performing arts theatre and we are in the middle of a show and they hit panic mode yesterday when the veil of denial finally lifted :lol:

joeshmo39

Postby joeshmo39 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:39 am

Today is my last day. It's not a terrible job, not a sexy job, but it's been an alright job the summers I've worked it. I won't miss the cubicle farm though. I'm not that excited to leave, but I am excited to get on with my life. See everyone on the outside.

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:53 am

Today's the day to announce my resignation in two weeks. I'm nervous.

UFstudent

Postby UFstudent » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:56 am

My job let me go yesterday at 1pm. I move in to my new place next week. Woohoo!!!

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:02 am

today is my last day :mrgreen:

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”