So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Bert
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:37 pm

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby Bert » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:41 pm

wakefield wrote:
danidancer wrote:Decided my last day will be July 9. Now I just need to decide when I'll be giving my notice...


me too! perfect balance of $$ and time off.


Woohoo! I am in the July 9 boat with you all. Feels so good to be almost done with this place.

jwells
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 3:55 pm

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby jwells » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:41 pm

today is my last day at work! :) yay for summer

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby blue5385 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:46 pm

.
Last edited by blue5385 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wakefield
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:45 am

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby wakefield » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:47 pm

Bert wrote:
wakefield wrote:
danidancer wrote:Decided my last day will be July 9. Now I just need to decide when I'll be giving my notice...


me too! perfect balance of $$ and time off.


Woohoo! I am in the July 9 boat with you all. Feels so good to be almost done with this place.


27 days left :mrgreen: that last week will only be 4 days...thanks, 4th of july holiday!

AsylumPB
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby AsylumPB » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:47 pm

21 more days until i officially tell this place to fuck off!

User avatar
soullogical
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:45 am

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby soullogical » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:27 pm

I'm so ready to quit this damn job. Believe me,I'm thankful to have a job in this economy; but I'm really just looking forward to class starting up in Aug. I've sent a few seat deposits in, but I have yet to committ to a school. I'm trying to hold outfor one of my wait lists.

User avatar
GATORTIM
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby GATORTIM » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:20 pm

Typing formal resignation letter right now I want to write "I FUCKING QUIT, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY", but will probably just say July 16th.

User avatar
scgoaliface32
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby scgoaliface32 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:24 pm

"I FUCKING QUIT, EFFECTIVE [strike]IMMEDIATELY[/strike] July 16th"

There ya go :)

User avatar
as stars burn
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby as stars burn » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:34 pm

GATORTIM wrote:Typing formal resignation letter right now I want to write "I FUCKING QUIT, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY", but will probably just say July 16th.


LOL. I laughed so hard when I read this.
I have 3 weeks left. 3 weeks. 3 weeks, and I can leave this retail hell.

User avatar
MF248
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:25 am

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby MF248 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:39 pm

I have two jobs right now. I will be leaving one next week. I will consider working only 40 hrs/wk my vacation.

User avatar
solotee
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby solotee » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:39 pm

June 25th is my last day!

Then beach in Florida for the next 7 days!!!

I did offer to help out when necessary the 1st two weeks of July. Only because work has been treating me well :)

User avatar
dhg5004
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:35 am

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby dhg5004 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:25 am

I have an actual job at a Marketing & Communications firm but I freakin haaaaate it. But I can't see myself quitting much before school starts....I just want to save up as much money as possible....but I get the whole 'need a break' thing....

blah Iduno what to do. Although I also haven't committed to a school yet....still riding the waitlists....anyone else out there doing the same?

And does anyone have a 'big-kid' job or just part-time type jobs? curious is all.

AsylumPB
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby AsylumPB » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:31 am

Just received some great news from my employer! I put in my notice about two weeks ago with my last day scheduled to be June 30. Tuesday, an announcement was made that the company I work for is restructuring and laying a bunch of people off, so my district manager called and told me that he listed me as being laid off instead of resigning so I still get a severance package when I leave! How sweet is that?! Now I will be getting paid to sit on my ass for a month and a half!

User avatar
HazelEyes
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby HazelEyes » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:34 am

Big kid job. Same job for 4 years.

Yesterday I told my boss i'm leaving August 1st. He turned white and looked like he was going to cry. Seriously.

I've been there long enough that I felt I owed them enough time to properly replace me. I also didn't want them finding out about law school from someone else.

odon59
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:07 am

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby odon59 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:43 am

AsylumPB wrote:Just received some great news from my employer! I put in my notice about two weeks ago with my last day scheduled to be June 30. Tuesday, an announcement was made that the company I work for is restructuring and laying a bunch of people off, so my district manager called and told me that he listed me as being laid off instead of resigning so I still get a severance package when I leave! How sweet is that?! Now I will be getting paid to sit on my ass for a month and a half!



And you can get unemployment. Oh how I wish I would get laid off...

AsylumPB
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby AsylumPB » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:47 am

odon59 wrote:
AsylumPB wrote:Just received some great news from my employer! I put in my notice about two weeks ago with my last day scheduled to be June 30. Tuesday, an announcement was made that the company I work for is restructuring and laying a bunch of people off, so my district manager called and told me that he listed me as being laid off instead of resigning so I still get a severance package when I leave! How sweet is that?! Now I will be getting paid to sit on my ass for a month and a half!



And you can get unemployment. Oh how I wish I would get laid off...


I don't think I can technically draw when in school full time. You have to be willing and ABLE to accept a full time position to draw unemployment.

OrcinusOrcas
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby OrcinusOrcas » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:10 pm

dhg5004 wrote:I have an actual job at a Marketing & Communications firm but I freakin haaaaate it. But I can't see myself quitting much before school starts....I just want to save up as much money as possible....but I get the whole 'need a break' thing....

blah Iduno what to do. Although I also haven't committed to a school yet....still riding the waitlists....anyone else out there doing the same?

And does anyone have a 'big-kid' job or just part-time type jobs? curious is all.


Part-time caliber retail job that 18-year-old high school grads are doing, only I've been 40hrs/week since I took the LSAT in '09. Argh. Very much looking forward to quitting next month.

User avatar
scgoaliface32
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby scgoaliface32 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:14 pm

Part-time-calibre office job at full-time hours as well. I want to quit earlier than my end of July date but I'm paying rent here until August so it's hard to say no to that last paycheck which would cover it. How I would love to lounge and drink and watch tv and not give a crap for my last month in sunny LA instead of a paltry two weeks.

User avatar
ogman05
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby ogman05 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:20 pm

Justed handed in my resignation letter. I'll have a month of to chillax with fam and friends before the semester begins. I'll prob move to school the first week of august tho. Pretty excited. I dont know what I;m gonna do with myself. Gonna be awesome.

03121202698008
Posts: 3002
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:07 am

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby 03121202698008 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Final out from the military tomorrow AM! Get paid until Aug 20 (vacation time FTW). :D

theLastZion
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 8:54 am

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby theLastZion » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:45 pm

odon59 wrote:
AsylumPB wrote:Just received some great news from my employer! I put in my notice about two weeks ago with my last day scheduled to be June 30. Tuesday, an announcement was made that the company I work for is restructuring and laying a bunch of people off, so my district manager called and told me that he listed me as being laid off instead of resigning so I still get a severance package when I leave! How sweet is that?! Now I will be getting paid to sit on my ass for a month and a half!



And you can get unemployment. Oh how I wish I would get laid off...

Oh how little people ITT know about unemployment...

regatsrj
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:36 pm

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby regatsrj » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:14 pm

Gave my two weeks notice today!!!! Felt amazing. Two months off, here I come!

ram jam
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:32 pm

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby ram jam » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:35 pm

regatsrj wrote:Gave my two weeks notice today!!!! Felt amazing. Two months off, here I come!


You are a very bad person.

User avatar
TCScrutinizer
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:01 pm

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby TCScrutinizer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:09 pm

ZZZZZOMG 1 month until I put in my two weeks. It's like a lifetime away.

User avatar
jmhendri
Posts: 589
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby jmhendri » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:10 pm

so 9 weeks is over 2 lifetimes away???




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dannyswo, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Wipfelder and 8 guests