So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Postby 09042014 » Thu May 20, 2010 2:15 pm

jmhendri wrote:I just had my supervisor come up to me and explain outlook calendars in the most condescending way for no good reason except that I buzzed someone who was out of the office for the morning.

Some people really need better things to do with their.

Protip: When you are leaving, there is no reason to accept that shit.

weee

Postby weee » Thu May 20, 2010 2:19 pm

Today I received an e-mail that basically said I am working too fast for the Bureaucracy at my workplace to keep up. I'll try my best not to make that mistake again while I'm here (although alternatively it could work as part of my "work so fast I run out of work to do and they have to lay me off" strategy)

GATORTIM

Postby GATORTIM » Thu May 20, 2010 2:20 pm

I wish I could just be fkn fired

pugalicious

Postby pugalicious » Thu May 20, 2010 2:22 pm

Dammit dammit dammit.

I got an email today that my RIF (budget cut teacher layoff) is being repealed. This means I now have to resign. No unemployment for me this summer :(

Postby 09042014 » Thu May 20, 2010 2:23 pm

pugalicious wrote:Dammit dammit dammit.

I got an email today that my RIF (budget cut teacher layoff) is being repealed. This means I now have to resign. No unemployment for me this summer :(

Don't they pay you for summer anyway? What happens if you quit in August?

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Thu May 20, 2010 2:25 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

Most teachers are on 10 month contracts.

pugalicious

Postby pugalicious » Thu May 20, 2010 2:25 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

You can't - they make you sign a contract. And technically, teachers don't get paid for the summer, we just have part of our check saved each time and redistributed over the summer.

I just really wanted some free money. :( oh well...

jmhendri

Postby jmhendri » Thu May 20, 2010 2:28 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
jmhendri wrote:I just had my supervisor come up to me and explain outlook calendars in the most condescending way for no good reason except that I buzzed someone who was out of the office for the morning.

I have three months left and all the admin supervisors are in collusion. A friend of mine got a 1/2 hr private lecture regarding an email mis communication that led to her being deemed "uncooperative."

It's not worth speaking up.

GATORTIM

Postby GATORTIM » Thu May 20, 2010 2:38 pm

I gave my employer a 4 month notice and the way they treat me now is like I told them that I'm leaving to become a professional baby puncher....Now I really wish I would have just bounced w/o any notice, but I was about to be promoted and that included a bonus; only for me to quit a couple weeks later.

Moose Thompson

Postby Moose Thompson » Thu May 20, 2010 3:27 pm

GATORTIM wrote:I gave my employer a 4 month notice and the way they treat me now is like I told them that I'm leaving to become a professional baby puncher....Now I really wish I would have just bounced w/o any notice, but I was about to be promoted and that included a bonus; only for me to quit a couple weeks later.

I wish my place would just fire me. Despite the fact that my productivity has not changed I constantly get hassled about having short-timers. Seriously, if it's so bad send me packin'. Otherwise, kindly STFU.

momo_08

Postby momo_08 » Thu May 20, 2010 3:39 pm

Well i'm still in undergrad (graduating in 3 weeks woohooo!) but i'll actually miss my job. it was a pretty sweet part-time job with tons of free food and free time with an amazing boss.
I've been working for 3/4 years in undergrad constantly of undergrad though so i'm definitely looking forward to a couple of months off before law school. I don't remember what it's like not to work and just go to school...

Postby 09042014 » Thu May 20, 2010 3:40 pm

pugalicious wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

You can't - they make you sign a contract. And technically, teachers don't get paid for the summer, we just have part of our check saved each time and redistributed over the summer.

I just really wanted some free money. :( oh well...

So won't you get your redistribution over the summer anyway?

dhg5004

Postby dhg5004 » Thu May 20, 2010 4:34 pm

GATORTIM wrote:I gave my employer a 4 month notice and the way they treat me now is like I told them that I'm leaving to become a professional baby puncher....Now I really wish I would have just bounced w/o any notice, but I was about to be promoted and that included a bonus; only for me to quit a couple weeks later.

professional baby puncher OMG LOL. i just lost it in my cubicle.

blue5385

Postby blue5385 » Fri May 21, 2010 10:46 am

Went out for drinks last night with my coworkers & some of the attorneys we work with, got hammered, and made a total ass of myself. Ordinarily I might wonder if this would impact what people at work think of me, but since I'm leaving in three weeks I couldn't care less. :mrgreen:

It feels so good to almost be done.

melyanair

Postby melyanair » Fri May 21, 2010 10:52 am

Today is my last day at work. Wooo-hooooo. In five weeks I head to Florida to start looking for housing and geting situated in Tallahassee. Never been there before a day in my life, so I am excuted about the new move, and excited to have a few weeks off from work before school starts. TGIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. Especifally THIS F !!!

Janus

Postby Janus » Fri May 21, 2010 11:06 am

Desert Fox wrote:Work sucks.

This * 1,000,000.
I gave my notice 2 weeks ago. They cried. Well, almost cried. Come on August.

oberlin08

Postby oberlin08 » Fri May 21, 2010 11:06 am

two more weeks then im off to the west coast for the next 5+ years of my life.

utswdukie80

Postby utswdukie80 » Fri May 21, 2010 11:20 am

71 days and counting! The best part of every day comes at 4:30 when I can cross off another day on the calendar. God, I wish I could quit, but I can't afford it damnit.

I'm wondering how much professional baby punchers earn...

GIBilled

Postby GIBilled » Fri May 21, 2010 11:28 am

:shock: 30 days left in the Army! :shock:

Postby 09042014 » Fri May 21, 2010 11:44 am

Urgh I think I'm working up until the day school starts since I'll be in the same city.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Fri May 21, 2010 11:49 am

I keep adding a week on to my tenure here. I keep reminding myself that for every week or two I work here, it's another month of not having to take out living expenses loans, which I do not want to pay back after I graduate.

Still haven't told them officially, but pretty much everyone in the office knows. My manager is kind of off in another world though, so she might not be aware.

brianmck16

Postby brianmck16 » Fri May 21, 2010 11:52 am

I could quit at the drop of a hat at the rate I'm going. I'm kicking myself for not saving up enough to get me through the summer without working.

SpaceDawg

Postby SpaceDawg » Fri May 21, 2010 11:53 am

jmhendri wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

I have three months left and all the admin supervisors are in collusion. A friend of mine got a 1/2 hr private lecture regarding an email mis communication that led to her being deemed "uncooperative."

It's not worth speaking up.

That sucks.

SpaceDawg

Postby SpaceDawg » Fri May 21, 2010 11:57 am

Desert Fox wrote:Urgh I think I'm working up until the day school starts since I'll be in the same city.

You really should give yourself a break...even if it's just a week. You'll need the time to get supplies/mentally prepare.

Postby 09042014 » Fri May 21, 2010 12:00 pm

SpaceDawg wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Urgh I think I'm working up until the day school starts since I'll be in the same city.

You really should give yourself a break...even if it's just a week. You'll need the time to get supplies/mentally prepare.

As another poster PM'd me, I'm really not doing anything at work. No stress. Basically I'm being paid to dick around on the net, and hang out with my coworkers (some of whom I love). NU has an orientation week. That will be my rest.

Though my family might be going on vacation the first week of august, if that happens, I'll just make it my last week. No point in taking a week off, coming in for one then leaving.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”