So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Rooney

Silver

Re: So, anybody ready to quit their jobs yet?

Post by Rooney » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:49 am

geoduck wrote:Damn college kids don't appreciate what they've got :lol:

pearla

New

Post by pearla » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:30 pm

Lincoln wrote:In March, the day after my first T14 offer, I told my boss I was leaving. My last day is July 30. (Yes, I was nice enough to give plenty of notice.) They still can't find anyone to replace me (my job requires some pretty unusual language skills), and even if they do, it's too late for me to train that person, so they are freaking out. The VP (one step above my boss) of my 80 person department, who had had a baby three weeks prior, called to authorize giving me a raise to get me to defer (raises are NEVER offered mid-year at my company). a C-level exec even stopped by my cubicle trying to tell me about the shitty job market for lawyers. Watching everyone who makes 5-10 times what I do freaking out because our clients are going to go insane when my work doesn't get done, after having been overworked (Big Law hours) and underpaid (PI salary) for so long, is priceless. I hope they crash and burn.

:|

JohnV

Bronze

Post by JohnV » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:44 pm

pearla wrote:
Lincoln wrote:In March, the day after my first T14 offer, I told my boss I was leaving. My last day is July 30. (Yes, I was nice enough to give plenty of notice.) They still can't find anyone to replace me (my job requires some pretty unusual language skills), and even if they do, it's too late for me to train that person, so they are freaking out. The VP (one step above my boss) of my 80 person department, who had had a baby three weeks prior, called to authorize giving me a raise to get me to defer (raises are NEVER offered mid-year at my company). a C-level exec even stopped by my cubicle trying to tell me about the shitty job market for lawyers. Watching everyone who makes 5-10 times what I do freaking out because our clients are going to go insane when my work doesn't get done, after having been overworked (Big Law hours) and underpaid (PI salary) for so long, is priceless. I hope they crash and burn.

Is that really a response important enough to necro a thread that has been dead for over a year?

pearla

New

Post by pearla » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:50 am

JohnV wrote:
pearla wrote:

Is that really a response important enough to necro a thread that has been dead for over a year?

Re: Is that really a response important enough to necro a thread that has been dead for over a year? :?:

JohnV

Bronze

Post by JohnV » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:13 am

pearla wrote:
JohnV wrote:
pearla wrote:

Re: Is that really a response important enough to necro a thread that has been dead for over a year? :?:
Huh? That didn't make sense. You necro'd the thread with an emoticon. I responded to a thread at the top of the page. See the difference?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:52 am

Worst necro ever.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”