Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
Judicial
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:30 pm

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby Judicial » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:58 pm

yagrish wrote:Finally IN! Postmarked 1/30. No grade request, no scholly (although I did not expect it, I did have a dream about it)


Congratulations!!!

crazy_zoologist
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby crazy_zoologist » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:05 pm

In as well

Central PA, postmarked 1/30

maddy
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:27 pm

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby maddy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:40 pm

crazy_zoologist wrote:In as well

Central PA, postmarked 1/30


Ooooh congrats!!!! You got a grade request last Wednesday, right?

crazy_zoologist
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby crazy_zoologist » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:13 pm

yup, i did receive a grade request.

no scholarship though..

maddy
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:27 pm

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby maddy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:21 pm

eh, i'd take columbia without a scholarship.

User avatar
frank_the_tank
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby frank_the_tank » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:31 pm

I've e-mailed a few of the students they have listed in the Admitted Students Handbook about a place to stay during the Admitted Student Days, but it seems like all of them already have someone staying with them at the end of March. Who wants to share a hotel room?

halfpancake
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:41 pm

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby halfpancake » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:41 pm

yagrish wrote:Finally IN! Postmarked 1/30. No grade request, no scholly (although I did not expect it, I did have a dream about it)


Congrats! gives me hope since we are #s twins!

KP429
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby KP429 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:45 am

I don't understand.. I applied just before Thanksgiving, went complete early Jan. and haven't heard anything. I don't mean to complain or anything since I'm already in at some fantastic schools, but I was hoping for a decision from Columbia ($ perhaps) so I could start really narrowing down my prospects. Seems like everyone is getting WLs/Rejections now..

Belle
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:20 am

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby Belle » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:28 am

KP429 wrote:I don't understand.. I applied just before Thanksgiving, went complete early Jan. and haven't heard anything. I don't mean to complain or anything since I'm already in at some fantastic schools, but I was hoping for a decision from Columbia ($ perhaps) so I could start really narrowing down my prospects. Seems like everyone is getting WLs/Rejections now..


I went complete in October and have heard nothing. I live in NYC, so I should get it pretty quickly once they finally get around to sending me something.

pineapples
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:47 pm

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby pineapples » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:27 pm

me either :roll:

ucla2008
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:55 pm

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby ucla2008 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:34 pm

me either sigh. i went complete mid november, what about you guys?

Ohioboy115
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:30 pm

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby Ohioboy115 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:41 pm

hey guys, I didn't go complete until 3 weeks ago so I've got awhile to wait (don't expected to get in anyway) but what is the consensus on what you initially receive when you get in? It sounds like there are about 200 different stories on here...

User avatar
gannak
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:20 am

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby gannak » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:59 pm

i didn't go complete until late november. but on lsn, everyone in my batch with lower stats was recently rejected, and everyone with awesome stats was accepted. only two waitlists so far. i feel good about this; i hope it means i made the reserve...

User avatar
calizner
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:22 am

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby calizner » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:02 pm

Reserve today. 3.9/168. Excited its not a reject :)

pineapples
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:47 pm

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby pineapples » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:10 pm

calizner wrote:Reserve today. 3.9/168. Excited its not a reject :)


When was it dated/postmarked if you don't mind. And where are you?

User avatar
calizner
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:22 am

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby calizner » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:12 pm

pineapples wrote:
calizner wrote:Reserve today. 3.9/168. Excited its not a reject :)


When was it dated/postmarked if you don't mind. And where are you?


No idea when it was postmarked (left it at home). But I'm in MA. Actually came yesterday, so must have been mailed around the 30th.

halfpancake
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:41 pm

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby halfpancake » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:25 pm

Maybe us California folks will hear something today? Good news or bad news, something?

madoodle
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:21 pm

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby madoodle » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:45 pm

thats what i'm hoping! 176/3.7 waiting in CA. . . and waiting.

pineapples
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:47 pm

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby pineapples » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:52 pm

madoodle wrote:thats what i'm hoping! 176/3.7 waiting in CA. . . and waiting.


when did you apply?

red_sox
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:13 pm

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby red_sox » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:11 pm

.
Last edited by red_sox on Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nhambley
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:02 am

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby nhambley » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:12 pm

I am also waiting "patiently" in CA. And I am in Big Sur which is miles away from civilization and post offices...

madoodle
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:21 pm

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby madoodle » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:25 pm

pineapples wrote:
madoodle wrote:thats what i'm hoping! 176/3.7 waiting in CA. . . and waiting.


when did you apply?



right around the holidays.

madoodle
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:21 pm

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby madoodle » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:49 pm

red_sox wrote:
amyLAchemist wrote:
halfpancake wrote:Maybe us California folks will hear something today? Good news or bad news, something?


Hopefully. I sometimes feel like I live in a different universe than the east coast. My mail takes forever.


My acceptance letter from Columbia took 9 days to get here and I'm in PA.



This makes me feel much better

pineapples
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:47 pm

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby pineapples » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:53 pm

madoodle wrote:
red_sox wrote:
amyLAchemist wrote:
halfpancake wrote:Maybe us California folks will hear something today? Good news or bad news, something?


Hopefully. I sometimes feel like I live in a different universe than the east coast. My mail takes forever.


My acceptance letter from Columbia took 9 days to get here and I'm in PA.



This makes me feel much better


My optimism is waning :|

User avatar
MAD1984
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:24 pm

Re: Columbia Applicants Waiting Thread

Postby MAD1984 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:54 pm

Waiting and hoping in New Mexico.

Granted, our mail is still delivered by stagecoach and burros.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests