Uc irvine law school numbers estimation

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pad

Uc irvine law school numbers estimation

Postby pad » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:34 am

what do you guys think UC irvine Law school acceptees numbers will look like when it finally reveal its incoming class for Fall 2009 after the applications for this upcoming fall come out?

do you think they will be close to UC Davis (rank top 40's) or closer to UN Las Vegas or U. Of Pacific Mcgeorge (100's) ?

M53201

Re: Uc irvine law school numbers estimation

Postby M53201 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:16 am

--LinkRemoved--
Seems like they've got a plan to be pretty good. But we'll see how it turns out once 2009 rolls around.

mandingo

Postby mandingo » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:41 am

pad wrote:what do you guys think UC irvine Law school acceptees numbers will look like when it finally reveal its incoming class for Fall 2009 after the applications for this upcoming fall come out?

do you think they will be close to UC Davis (rank top 40's) or closer to UN Las Vegas or U. Of Pacific Mcgeorge (100's) ?

I think they should be decently ranked. I personally don't think it'll be a bad idea to be in the first class. Most of them would be going to school for virtually free, and I'm sure the school would do everything possible to secure them all so as to start building a network.

kings84_wr

Postby kings84_wr » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:57 pm

I think it would be extremely interesting to be the first class, especially at a school such as UCI. They put together an impressive faculty with the already impressive hiring of Chemerinsky. Plus i live in Costa Mesa which is also extremely convenient.

Still I can't imagine to many people passing up secured top 50 schools to attend a school which isn't even accredited yet.

M53201

Postby M53201 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:16 pm

kings84_wr wrote:I think it would be extremely interesting to be the first class, especially at a school such as UCI. They put together an impressive faculty with the already impressive hiring of Chemerinsky. Plus i live in Costa Mesa which is also extremely convenient.

Still I can't imagine to many people passing up secured top 50 schools to attend a school which isn't even accredited yet

Exactly. If I were applying to UCI I'd probably also have applied to Davis, Hastings, USC or UCLA as well. If someone had the numbers to get into any of these four schools I can't see them taking an unknown like UCI over an established california school. I'd expect the first class will be mostly students that didn't get Davis or Hastings.

Fourttier

Postby Fourttier » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:19 pm

Accredation should not be a problem because the incoming chair of the American Association of Law Schools has been hired by UCI Law. Since UCI is in a very populated coastal area, I would expect applicant numbers to be rather high. Add the fact that the initial class will be only one section of 60 people, it should not be that easy to be admitted. Many who will apply at UCLA or USC may use UCI as a safety school.

playhero

Postby playhero » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:26 pm

My friend did ug at UCI, he said they were offering full rides if you scored 160+.

kings84_wr

Postby kings84_wr » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:26 pm

It will be very interesting to see the numbers of the first class. Unless i bomb my re-take in October (165 in June) I doubt i will even apply. Chemerinsky will do a great job though, and they do have a good deal of employers already stacked up for OCI.

vandyorbust

Postby vandyorbust » Wed May 19, 2010 12:20 am

I don't know why everyone is comparing irvine to hastings. Their numbers are pretty good, i'd say more at the USC, UCLA level. It's not my first choice, but it looks like a top 20 to me...

poopstains

Postby poopstains » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:57 am

vandyorbust wrote:I don't know why everyone is comparing irvine to hastings. Their numbers are pretty good, i'd say more at the USC, UCLA level. It's not my first choice, but it looks like a top 20 to me...

I wouldn't rank that high since the numbers are skewed by such a small class. I don't think without the full-rides or it they had a class of 200 they could keep the numbers that high. I'd guess more like top 25.

Postby 20160810 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:06 am

vandyorbust wrote:I don't know why everyone is comparing irvine to hastings. Their numbers are pretty good, i'd say more at the USC, UCLA level. It's not my first choice, but it looks like a top 20 to me...

There are 10 million "Let's play asinine guessing games about UCI's future rank" threads. You had to bump one from the Bush Administration? Don't do this.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”