AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
matt22199
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 2:15 pm

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby matt22199 » Tue May 03, 2011 2:33 pm

I took the AAMPLE program at Florida Coastal and I got above a 2.5 gpa and was accepted into the Fall class. Now I am on law review and have been having a very sucessful law school career. As far as the AAMPLE program itself goes, like anything you do, you get out of it what you put in. So if you work hard you will be sucessful but if you do not take the classes seriously you will have a much harder time passing the classes. One of the nice things about Coastal's AAMPLE program is that if you pass your money is refunded. So, work hard and good luck!

kmcfadden09
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:13 am

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby kmcfadden09 » Mon May 09, 2011 11:06 am

I am participating in the AAMPLE program this summer. Can those of you who have passed give me some tips on how you did well?

aamplehelp
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:54 pm

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby aamplehelp » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:06 pm

SPAM EDITED BY MOD.

User avatar
SilverE2
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 pm

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby SilverE2 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:35 am

what the fuck is going on in this thread

aamplehelp
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:54 pm

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby aamplehelp » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:57 am

.

aamplehelp
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:54 pm

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby aamplehelp » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:57 am

.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby Grizz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:09 am

aamplehelp wrote:I didn't score that well on my LSATS so I was accepted to Florida Coastal School of Law's AAMPLE program for the Summer 2011 semester. It consisted of 2 classes: Negotiable Instruments (N.I) and 4th Amendments.

I am here to tell you that you will have to study your butts off to pass. The passing rate varies from each year (last year it was 60%).

I was the few lucky ones. I have all the Notes, Study Guides, Practice Essay's, Flash Cards, Outlines, AND Rule Cards.

I sell this material for $150.00 (for both classes included). The reason why I am selling this is because I have spent 80+ hours typing this up and coming up with the format for the outline. Everything I will send will help you.

By having this material, you will save so much time by just reviewing the material instead of typing everything out. Trust me, this is one of the best ways to pass the course. If you are interested email me at: aamplehelp@gmail.com

I can also provide free tips and tricks ( you don't have to buy to get this lol ) ..so email me anytime guys. Good Luck. I'm here to help because I've been through this rigorous program.



AAMPLE HELP
[b]aamplehelp@gmail.com

PayPal Accepted. [/b]


I lol'd

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby NYC Law » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:26 am

Tagging in anticipation of taxguy

fineguy1986
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:33 am

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby fineguy1986 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:14 am

Hey To all Would-be or going to be AAMPLE Students,

I just completed the AAMPLE program at Nova. It is the summer of 2011 and I’m sure anyone reading this will be reading it a year from now or later lol. I’m posting to tell you that this program is legit.

I know what you’re going thru...your staying up late, worrying that your dreams of becoming a lawyer is getting washed away by that horribly written standardized test known as the LSAT and now you’re considering a program that sounds expensive, sounds desperate and provides no guarantees. What is worse is that your late nights are spent reading threads like this one that scare the living hell out of you. Every time you think of AAMPLE you feel like Neo felt when Morpheus offered him to choose between the blue or red pill. For us the blue pill is not going to AAMPLE and stay in fairy-tale land and possibly live the rest of your life never knowing whether you have what it takes to be a law student or take the red pill and go to AAMPLE and face reality and find out for sure whether you have what it takes or not. That is what I think most are afraid of with this program. Poor LSAT scores is an excellent excuse for one to make for the rest of their life why they didn’t become a lawyer. AAMPLE is not an excuse it is a reason.

I don’t know the specific policies with regard to the secrecy to the program and this thread might be tapped so I will tell you as much as I think I can. Other than that I say take the extra step and be Alice and follow the bunny lol and email me Hyena4ks@aol.com if you have any other additional questions. Alright, I’ve had enough Matrix references.

I can’t talk for other schools. But I can talk for NOVA and I will say that they tried their best to live up to what they say on their site. The program director was always there to answer questions, the professors were there all day to help you out with things you didn’t understand and even though all the amenities of the school were not at our disposal…with a good personality and a nice smile you could use any facility (gym, library, etc). The program is exactly as they say it is because Its 2 real law school classes. In fact they are law school classes that one would probably take in their 2nd or 3rd year and if they were taking these very same classes in the summer they would be accelerated the same as these are. And that’s exactly it…as simple as that might seem I think that is where most of the participants lost each other at. As far as rumors or myths go with NOVA specifically…READ and UNDERSTAND what AAMPLE is. I can vouch that everything they say on there will become true or they will try their best to make true.
Oh one thing that was getting to me when I in your position was the 3500 dollar tuition. I remember reading one time on one of these sites that 3500 dollars is too much to pay to see if you could make it in law school. They said that they have mock law school classes you could attend. Kaplan must of put that because there is no one day class that could make you have an epiphany and realize that law is or isn’t for you. Law school isn’t just about going to class it is about the type of things we are doing now. The moments in our brains that make us think, want to learn, move forward, the trials and tribulations that truly test one’s own dedication. The ability to teach oneself cannot be duplicated or shown in an hour mock class. Another one I hated reading was that you should re-take the LSAT. Who would ever want to do that again or do it more than once? That is more a mental torture to me than any class ever could do to me. Obviously I am a bit bitter toward standardized testing…I think this is a failure of the American school systems lol. Let’s not get into that. At the end of the day 3500 hundred dollars could put a temporary dent in your wallet that gave you insight into knowing for sure whether you’d make it in Law school or an extra 3 dollars a month on top of your already close to a small fortune future student loan debt. Life is a gamble…play. I’m pretty sure at some point in your college career most of you have spent 3500 dollars in a month at the club or at forever 21 lol. Oh and some expressed concern that they just want your money. Well…duh!!! Why would anyone start a law school? For charity? We are going to be lawyers…a job based around and for money. This is a fact of life. Oh and they have conspiracies about that if they wanted you they would have accepted you from the beginning. I don’t think this is the case. Because number 1…why wouldn’t they want everyone to pass? That’s an extra 100,000 dollars at the end of the day from each and every person that passes. I mean of course they are not going to let everyone in because even though they are in the business of making money they are not going to let someone in that is going to fail out, ruin their attrition rate and at the end of the day another failure is another 100,000 dollars they are not going to get. Think reality people. And you’ll get your answers.

In conclusion…I wish you luck. I will say it is going to be challenging. Remember it is designed to find out if you have what it takes. You will be treated as an adult. No one is going to be there to pat you along. It is a very personal challenge that will test you and insult you mentally. It is a program that is very demanding and deserves your undivided attention. If I was to do it again in my next life I would stay on campus or in some underground military hanger so that your family, friends, daughters and sons can’t distract you. Your personal life does not matter here. The only thing in AAMPLE that matters is only personal revelation and casebooks lol. I will apologize if this is not helpful enough. I just wanted to cheer whoever you are up and make you know that you aren’t alone. As I said no one is going to baby you and I am not either. One part of AAMPLE is self discovery. I sought the truth and I want you to do it too. I want you to see how far the rabbit hole goes. I can help you more hands on if you inquire further. I’m not trying to make friends either (dear god I have too many already) I am paying it forward. A certain student that graduated this year…the same year I took AAMPLE helped me out a lot. He also was an AAMPLE grad. I feel it is my duty to do the same (yes honor still exists lol). Alright Candidate…eyes on the gold and if you’re cocky remember…Your Not a Jedi…Yet

taxguy
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby taxguy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:59 am

My son just finished the AAMPLE at Nova. So I have a basis to comment on it.

As said in prior posts, you take two courses, ( 4th amendment and Negotiable Instruments (NI)) in a 5 week period plus a week for finals. These are full courses and not abridged and are tough third year courses. They are ruthlessly graded and usually admit between 30%-60% of the students. This year had a 50% admission rate. The work necessary to pass is unbelievable. My son and others who passed the program put in 13+ hours a day, 7 days a week regularly in addition to the 20 hours a week of classes. Moreover, you don't get credit for the courses taken due to ABA requirements that a student must be formally admitted to the law school before credit can be awarded. With only 5 weeks of classes, you have to hit the ground running, or you will be way behind, unlike that of regularly law school that might be a bit more accomodating due to the increased length of the program. The cost for AAMPLE isn't cheap either. It is about $3500 if I recollect plus room and board and materials.

I have to admit,when I first heard about it, I thought it was a scam. Here you have kids paying about $5000 or more in total costs with a 50-50 chance at best of being accepted. However, I have changed my mind about it. It provides an amazing preparation for first year law students. Upon investigation at Nova as an example, AAMPLE students generally perform among the best in the class. In fact , there have been several valedictorians out of the program. I would bet that the same can be said for other AAMPLE programs. I met several law students who were very jealous of AAMPLE kids because of their significant performance advantages. In fact, it was such a significant learning experience that I would recommend it to kids who get into it even if they don't go to that law school upon acceptance.

With all that said, however, I would certainly recommend retaking the LSAT several times before attempting AAMPLE. If, however, you can't raise your score enough for normal admission then the AAMPLE might be a very good alternative. Now whether you should even attempt to go to the law schools that offer AAMPLE, which are usually tier 4 schools (other than George Mason and NYLS), is another question. Moreover, due to a recent ABA recommendation about making the LSAT optional, you might find more and better schools offering the AAMPLE program in addition/lieu of the LSAT in the future. Whether this will occur next year is, however, problematic.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby Grizz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:20 am

fineguy1986 wrote:Hey To all Would-be or going to be AAMPLE Students,

I just completed the AAMPLE program at Nova. It is the summer of 2011 and I’m sure anyone reading this will be reading it a year from now or later lol. I’m posting to tell you that this program is legit.

I know what you’re going thru...your staying up late, worrying that your dreams of becoming a lawyer is getting washed away by that horribly written standardized test known as the LSAT and now you’re considering a program that sounds expensive, sounds desperate and provides no guarantees. What is worse is that your late nights are spent reading threads like this one that scare the living hell out of you. Every time you think of AAMPLE you feel like Neo felt when Morpheus offered him to choose between the blue or red pill. For us the blue pill is not going to AAMPLE and stay in fairy-tale land and possibly live the rest of your life never knowing whether you have what it takes to be a law student or take the red pill and go to AAMPLE and face reality and find out for sure whether you have what it takes or not. That is what I think most are afraid of with this program. Poor LSAT scores is an excellent excuse for one to make for the rest of their life why they didn’t become a lawyer. AAMPLE is not an excuse it is a reason.

I don’t know the specific policies with regard to the secrecy to the program and this thread might be tapped so I will tell you as much as I think I can. Other than that I say take the extra step and be Alice and follow the bunny lol and email me Hyena4ks@aol.com if you have any other additional questions. Alright, I’ve had enough Matrix references.

I can’t talk for other schools. But I can talk for NOVA and I will say that they tried their best to live up to what they say on their site. The program director was always there to answer questions, the professors were there all day to help you out with things you didn’t understand and even though all the amenities of the school were not at our disposal…with a good personality and a nice smile you could use any facility (gym, library, etc). The program is exactly as they say it is because Its 2 real law school classes. In fact they are law school classes that one would probably take in their 2nd or 3rd year and if they were taking these very same classes in the summer they would be accelerated the same as these are. And that’s exactly it…as simple as that might seem I think that is where most of the participants lost each other at. As far as rumors or myths go with NOVA specifically…READ and UNDERSTAND what AAMPLE is. I can vouch that everything they say on there will become true or they will try their best to make true.
Oh one thing that was getting to me when I in your position was the 3500 dollar tuition. I remember reading one time on one of these sites that 3500 dollars is too much to pay to see if you could make it in law school. They said that they have mock law school classes you could attend. Kaplan must of put that because there is no one day class that could make you have an epiphany and realize that law is or isn’t for you. Law school isn’t just about going to class it is about the type of things we are doing now. The moments in our brains that make us think, want to learn, move forward, the trials and tribulations that truly test one’s own dedication. The ability to teach oneself cannot be duplicated or shown in an hour mock class. Another one I hated reading was that you should re-take the LSAT. Who would ever want to do that again or do it more than once? That is more a mental torture to me than any class ever could do to me. Obviously I am a bit bitter toward standardized testing…I think this is a failure of the American school systems lol. Let’s not get into that. At the end of the day 3500 hundred dollars could put a temporary dent in your wallet that gave you insight into knowing for sure whether you’d make it in Law school or an extra 3 dollars a month on top of your already close to a small fortune future student loan debt. Life is a gamble…play. I’m pretty sure at some point in your college career most of you have spent 3500 dollars in a month at the club or at forever 21 lol. Oh and some expressed concern that they just want your money. Well…duh!!! Why would anyone start a law school? For charity? We are going to be lawyers…a job based around and for money. This is a fact of life. Oh and they have conspiracies about that if they wanted you they would have accepted you from the beginning. I don’t think this is the case. Because number 1…why wouldn’t they want everyone to pass? That’s an extra 100,000 dollars at the end of the day from each and every person that passes. I mean of course they are not going to let everyone in because even though they are in the business of making money they are not going to let someone in that is going to fail out, ruin their attrition rate and at the end of the day another failure is another 100,000 dollars they are not going to get. Think reality people. And you’ll get your answers.

In conclusion…I wish you luck. I will say it is going to be challenging. Remember it is designed to find out if you have what it takes. You will be treated as an adult. No one is going to be there to pat you along. It is a very personal challenge that will test you and insult you mentally. It is a program that is very demanding and deserves your undivided attention. If I was to do it again in my next life I would stay on campus or in some underground military hanger so that your family, friends, daughters and sons can’t distract you. Your personal life does not matter here. The only thing in AAMPLE that matters is only personal revelation and casebooks lol. I will apologize if this is not helpful enough. I just wanted to cheer whoever you are up and make you know that you aren’t alone. As I said no one is going to baby you and I am not either. One part of AAMPLE is self discovery. I sought the truth and I want you to do it too. I want you to see how far the rabbit hole goes. I can help you more hands on if you inquire further. I’m not trying to make friends either (dear god I have too many already) I am paying it forward. A certain student that graduated this year…the same year I took AAMPLE helped me out a lot. He also was an AAMPLE grad. I feel it is my duty to do the same (yes honor still exists lol). Alright Candidate…eyes on the gold and if you’re cocky remember…Your Not a Jedi…Yet

Lol @ this

A contest where the prize is paying sticker at Nova is not a contest I want to be a part of.

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby kwais » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:49 am

The question isn't whether AAMPLE is legit or hard or anything else. The question is what are you going to do with a degree from NOVA or Cooley. It is not elitism or trolling to ask the posters in this thread to clearly outline what path they believe they will have to gainful employment and servicing debt.

taxguy
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby taxguy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:28 am

Whoa, NOVA has clearly a better reputation than Cooley and has improved job choices, especially for South Florida. However, I do get your point. NOVA at full sticker is a bad deal considering the current state of the job market. However,the same can be said for about 150 other law schools too.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby Grizz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:48 am

taxguy wrote:However, I do get your point. NOVA at full sticker is a bad deal considering the current state of the job market. However,the same can be said for about 150 other law schools too.


People do say that about those schools. All the time. What's your point.

User avatar
SilverE2
Posts: 931
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:04 pm

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby SilverE2 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:15 pm

taxguy wrote:Whoa, NOVA has clearly a better reputation than Cooley and has improved job choices, especially for South Florida. However, I do get your point. NOVA at full sticker is a bad deal considering the current state of the job market. However,the same can be said for about 150 other law schools too.


I've lived my whole life in South Florida, and worked at firms here. Nova has a pretty awful reputation.

User avatar
NYC Law
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby NYC Law » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:43 pm

SilverE2 wrote:
taxguy wrote:Whoa, NOVA has clearly a better reputation than Cooley and has improved job choices, especially for South Florida. However, I do get your point. NOVA at full sticker is a bad deal considering the current state of the job market. However,the same can be said for about 150 other law schools too.


I've lived my whole life in South Florida, and worked at firms here. Nova has a pretty awful reputation.


I hear radio commercials all the time for Nova's hands on technical training for their satellite campuses... I can't imagine their reputation is any better than DeVry's

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby bjsesq » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:48 pm

Jesus christ a lot of first time posters in this thread. Wonder why that is.

User avatar
Mickey Quicknumbers
Posts: 2177
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:59 pm

SilverE2 wrote:
taxguy wrote:Whoa, NOVA has clearly a better reputation than Cooley and has improved job choices, especially for South Florida. However, I do get your point. NOVA at full sticker is a bad deal considering the current state of the job market. However,the same can be said for about 150 other law schools too.


I've lived my whole life in South Florida, and worked at firms here. Nova has a pretty awful reputation.

NOVA is, generally speaking, the 7th or 8th best choice for Miami legal hiring. If you're wondering, the Miami legal market is not big enough to trickle down to the 7th/8th hiring alternative ITE.

TheFactor
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby TheFactor » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:24 am

Oh Taxguy, how I have missed thee!

taxguy
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby taxguy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:35 am

SilverE2 wrote:
taxguy wrote:Whoa, NOVA has clearly a better reputation than Cooley and has improved job choices, especially for South Florida. However, I do get your point. NOVA at full sticker is a bad deal considering the current state of the job market. However,the same can be said for about 150 other law schools too.


I've lived my whole life in South Florida, and worked at firms there. Nova has a pretty awful reputation.


I also have lived in South Florida myself for many years after attending University of Miami Law school. Although NOVA certainly has a lower reputation than UF, FSU and Miami and even Stetson, it has a LOT better reputation among practitioners and judges than Cooley has probably anywhere, which isn't saying much. Again, as I said before, unless you have great job connections, paying sticker at NOVA is a bad deal and should be avoided. I would probably say the same thing about 130 law schools or so.

TheFactor
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby TheFactor » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:11 pm

taxguy wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:
taxguy wrote:Whoa, NOVA has clearly a better reputation than Cooley and has improved job choices, especially for South Florida. However, I do get your point. NOVA at full sticker is a bad deal considering the current state of the job market. However,the same can be said for about 150 other law schools too.


I've lived my whole life in South Florida, and worked at firms there. Nova has a pretty awful reputation.


I also have lived in South Florida myself for many years after attending University of Miami Law school. Although NOVA certainly has a lower reputation than UF, FSU and Miami and even Stetson, it has a LOT better reputation among practitioners and judges than Cooley has probably anywhere, which isn't saying much. Again, as I said before, unless you have great job connections, paying sticker at NOVA is a bad deal and should be avoided. I would probably say the same thing about 130 law schools or so.

It's okay guys. Cooley's reputation is worse.

htcman112
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby htcman112 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:41 pm

I would say to stay away. I was in the program in 2007 and did not make the cut. Everyone who I talked to who made it told me that they didn't know how they got in and after taking the writing course for 1L's didn't write their answers like a law student which is the standard the tests are judged on. I would say to stay away from Nova in general. The school is a disorganized mess and the people you meet their will have you wondering how and why these people are here. FYI they are expanding and building on the main campus so watch out for tuition increases and facilities you will never be able to use but are paying for.

lovetolearn
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:53 am

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby lovetolearn » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:27 am

I have just successfully completed the AAMPLE program and is now admitted to the law school. I did a thorough research on the AAMPLE program before undertaking the challenge and I must conclude that a lot of the negative criticisms are either from someone who has no idea what AAMPLE is about or the failed student who wants to vent their frustration. As it has already been said, you get out what you put into it.

I truly believe that this program is not a hoax to get your money and is totally legit. After having taken the prep course for the LSAT and taken the test twice with no significant improvement in my score, I was very grateful to be given this opportunity. The AAMPLE program is not offered to just anyone and is only limited to the selected 30 students. If the school was truly out to make money with this program, why not accept 100 students as there are no seat limitation in an online setting?

My advice to the ones that decide to take the AAMPLE program is to take it seriously; make it your first priority for the entire five weeks. Don't just study hard, study smart - know what you are reading, make sure you understand the material. You should understand the materials from the prior class before the start of the next as each class builds on the previous. To help you understand the course material, make your own outline! This will force you to synthesize the materials you were taught and neatly structure them so you can better understand. Last but not least, when you are reading and especially when you writing, think IRAC IRAC IRAC!!

Keep a positive attitude: if others can make it, so can you!

taxguy
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby taxguy » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:03 am

lovetolearn wrote:I have just successfully completed the AAMPLE program and is now admitted to the law school. I did a thorough research on the AAMPLE program before undertaking the challenge and I must conclude that a lot of the negative criticisms are either from someone who has no idea what AAMPLE is about or the failed student who wants to vent their frustration. As it has already been said, you get out what you put into it.

I truly believe that this program is not a hoax to get your money and is totally legit. After having taken the prep course for the LSAT and taken the test twice with no significant improvement in my score, I was very grateful to be given this opportunity. The AAMPLE program is not offered to just anyone and is only limited to the selected 30 students. If the school was truly out to make money with this program, why not accept 100 students as there are no seat limitation in an online setting?

My advice to the ones that decide to take the AAMPLE program is to take it seriously; make it your first priority for the entire five weeks. Don't just study hard, study smart - know what you are reading, make sure you understand the material. You should understand the materials from the prior class before the start of the next as each class builds on the previous. To help you understand the course material, make your own outline! This will force you to synthesize the materials you were taught and neatly structure them so you can better understand. Last but not least, when you are reading and especially when you writing, think IRAC IRAC IRAC!!

Keep a positive attitude: if others can make it, so can you!


I actually agree with you lovetolearn. However, the problem is that most folks, including myself, don't think that paying full sticker for NOVA is a good deal in this economy.....period. Even when I was at University of Miami Law school during a time where there were many less law schools in Florida, most kids had a hard time getting a job with a mid to large law firm. I can't imagine how hard it must be today to get these same jobs graduating from Nova. I do understand that at least it will give you a chance to go to a law school other than to the true bottom feeders such as Cooley and Florida Coastal,but the opportunities from NOVA aren't gong to be great for the vast majority of kids that don't have connections. This becomes especially problematic if you have to incur lots of debt too. Again, I am NOT attacking AAMPLE,which I think is a fabulous but incredibly tough experience. Frankly, if I had my way, many law schools should give a substantial admission boost to AAMPLE students who succeed in the program. Sadly, that is not the case.

akhan153
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Postby akhan153 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:36 pm

.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests