AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ablatner

New

Re: AAMPLE programs-Anyone ever taken? Good/bad?

Post by ablatner » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:01 pm

I have been accepted in the Florida Coastal Summer 2012, AAMPLE program. I have read good and bad things about it. I realize there is a lot of work that will have to be put in. Curious if anyone else is going to attend AAMPLE program. Feel free to email me ablatner@comcast.net

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:20 pm

It's weird to me that the only people in TLS who know how to use the search function are people interested in AAMPLE.

Also don't go to FL Coastal unless you have a hankering for debtors' prison.

lamzygrl

New

Post by lamzygrl » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:22 am

ablatner wrote:I have been accepted in the Florida Coastal Summer 2012, AAMPLE program. I have read good and bad things about it. I realize there is a lot of work that will have to be put in. Curious if anyone else is going to attend AAMPLE program. Feel free to email me ablatner@comcast.net
Do what you have to do but just be careful with the program. I'm not convinced they're designed for anything more than bilking people out of more money with the intent on getting hopes up of being accepted into school. I just got a second email from Florida Coastal admissions essentially begging me to apply, yet with the ever so sketchy language that I could "potentially" be accepted. I just went through all of this nonsense with Charlotte School of Law and am absolutely disgusted and believe these schools operate the same way. Charlotte initially told me there was no issue with regard to the program filling up if I held my application until my second LSAT score came in. A week after my application was submitted I received an email stating I was being wait-listed and if space became available prior to the first day of class, I would be able to start January 23rd. Five days later I received another email from the SAME woman stating they regret to inform me that based upon my application they couldn't offer me admission BUT I could take the AAMPLE and possibly qualify for the Fall 2012 term (assuming I met all other application criteria - wording most people likely miss). This has scam written all over it to me. How do you go from being wait-listed (accepted if a slot opens up), to being denied admission based on your application in the span of 5 days but then be invited to spend thousands of dollars on a course that doesn't guarantee admission? I'm hesitant to apply to Florida Coastal because I don't want to go through this same nonsense again but I'll probably apply anyway as my options are limited right now.

ablatner

New

Post by ablatner » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:54 am

Do what you have to do but just be careful with the program. I'm not convinced they're designed for anything more than bilking people out of more money with the intent on getting hopes up of being accepted into school. I just got a second email from Florida Coastal admissions essentially begging me to apply, yet with the ever so sketchy language that I could "potentially" be accepted. I just went through all of this nonsense with Charlotte School of Law and am absolutely disgusted and believe these schools operate the same way. Charlotte initially told me there was no issue with regard to the program filling up if I held my application until my second LSAT score came in. A week after my application was submitted I received an email stating I was being wait-listed and if space became available prior to the first day of class, I would be able to start January 23rd. Five days later I received another email from the SAME woman stating they regret to inform me that based upon my application they couldn't offer me admission BUT I could take the AAMPLE and possibly qualify for the Fall 2012 term (assuming I met all other application criteria - wording most people likely miss). This has scam written all over it to me. How do you go from being wait-listed (accepted if a slot opens up), to being denied admission based on your application in the span of 5 days but then be invited to spend thousands of dollars on a course that doesn't guarantee admission? I'm hesitant to apply to Florida Coastal because I don't want to go through this same nonsense again but I'll probably apply anyway as my options are limited right now.[/quote]

I thought the same thing about it being sketchy. I cant speak for Charlotte I only am familiar with Florida Coastal. I actually called down to the school spoke with the admission department along with a few others. It seems to be legit, as long as you pass the 2 classes you are offered admission. I saw the same thing about "possibly qualify for Fall 2012". I asked the lady and she explained to me it meant: not providing necessary documents, providing official transcripts, no felony charges... I am going to do the AAMPLE, if I don't I think ill just regret it later.

steamluv

New

Post by steamluv » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:12 pm

Does anyone know the success rate online vs on-campus of AAMPLE?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hkhan153

New

Post by hkhan153 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:37 pm

The AAMPLE program is.....  tough. A lot of reading, a lot of problems.
In the end, (if you do everything your told) it's going to be worth it.
I actually went to Jacksonville, FL for 6 weeks and participated in class session. I learn better in class verses online. Both, the online and in class sessions are amazingly similar.  The professors were nice, knew what they were talking about. There are NO office hours for the AAMPLE students... because they want to make sure the online students have the same advantages as the classroom students. You can ask questions in class but that's it. There are NO quizes (non- graded) nor exams, ONLY your final exam- which is done online.

I know its a huge investment.. but if you pass the program your money is refunded. So, work hard and good luck!

Email me if you have any questions: hammad401@gmail.com Glad to help anyone interested in this program.

jarvisa

New

Post by jarvisa » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:39 pm

Has anyone brought the notes, flashcards and study material from a user called aample help?

From what I've read so far... its just 2 class and if you have the materials.. its just memorization and reiterating the concepts.

Just wondering if it's worth $150.00..

Nolawwiz

New

Post by Nolawwiz » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi Everyone,

This is the first time I am using this service so please excuse me for making any errors.
So I have a long list of questions but first a story to share.

I have been waiting and investing everything I have to go to law school. A million and one things have been a block, which I wont list out for the sake of time. I ended up with a 141 lsat score. For reasons I cant explain I still applied to all my desired law schools. (after reviewing sites that list the lowest lsat scores accepted I was shocked!). So far I have been rejected from everywhere. One more school to hear from. In the meantime I have been pre-accepted to some out of state law schools (I live in NY). These law schools probably are not the best. Anyway I have also been accepted to the Florida coastal AAMPLE program. I am extremely lost.

Should I go out of state to a no-name school then transfer, should I take on the AAMPLE Program or wait another year and take the LSAT again and risk not doing any better; make another set of application fees, personal statment and reccomendation letter, all of which I do not know can happen again or with the same quality.

Any advice would be extremely appreciated. Thank you!!!! :D

doomed123

Bronze

Post by doomed123 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:32 pm

I wonder how much these crap schools pay for someone to make all these new accounts that post in AAMPLE threads. It seems like a pretty easy (if soul-destroying) gig.

1. Create new account to bump/create AAMPLE thread

2. Create multiple new accounts to talk about how great AAMPLE really is

3. ???????

4. Profit

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:36 pm

doomed123 wrote:I wonder how much these crap schools pay for someone to make all these new accounts that post in AAMPLE threads. It seems like a pretty easy (if soul-destroying) gig.

3. ???????

4. Profit
It seems like if you haven't taken AAMPLE, you shouldn't be commenting in this thread at all. So do you have something to actually contribute or are you going to continue to not follow commenting rules?

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:43 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
doomed123 wrote:I wonder how much these crap schools pay for someone to make all these new accounts that post in AAMPLE threads. It seems like a pretty easy (if soul-destroying) gig.

3. ???????

4. Profit
It seems like if you haven't taken AAMPLE, you shouldn't be commenting in this thread at all. So do you have something to actually contribute or are you going to continue to not follow commenting rules?
There are commenting rules?

The Rover

New

Post by The Rover » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:46 pm

Please stop

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:49 pm

SilverE2 wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:

3. ???????

4. Profit
Yes, there are. General rules are that you stick to the topic offered in the headline instead of your personal opinions on the issue. If you have a personal opinion on the issue, then you create this same topic and place it in the Lounge topics.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

The Rover

New

Post by The Rover » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:01 pm

The Rover wrote:Please stop

Nolawwiz

New

Post by Nolawwiz » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:35 pm

Actually I did not make an account to promote AAMPLE. :oops: I was just hoping to get some opinions on what I should do given my status and options.
Thanks

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Nolawwiz wrote:Actually I did not make an account to promote AAMPLE. :oops: I was just hoping to get some opinions on what I should do given my status and options.
Thanks
You need to retake the LSAT. Take a third time if needed. AAMPLE is very expensive, and you'd be much better off paying a fraction of the price for a good LSAT prep course. With a 141 you have a lot of room for improvement. Not sure why you'd be worried about re-applying since you didn't get in anywhere.

Nolawwiz

New

Post by Nolawwiz » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:22 am

I definitely can improve, but I hope that its not just a matter of being a poor test taker. Nonetheless I will try to retake the LSAT. Would you happen to know if I can re-apply with my old material (i.e: reccomendation letters, personal statement)?

On a side note, I have already taken PowerScore, and well, it was not the greatest experience. Does anyone reccomend any other prep course? Perhaps Princeton Review, Kaplan, TestMasters, or even a private tutor.

Thanks again for your advice and replies! :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:11 pm

Nolawwiz wrote:I definitely can improve, but I hope that its not just a matter of being a poor test taker. Nonetheless I will try to retake the LSAT. Would you happen to know if I can re-apply with my old material (i.e: reccomendation letters, personal statement)?

On a side note, I have already taken PowerScore, and well, it was not the greatest experience. Does anyone reccomend any other prep course? Perhaps Princeton Review, Kaplan, TestMasters, or even a private tutor.

Thanks again for your advice and replies! :D
Yes, you can reapply with your old material. A lot of people here recommend rewriting your personal statement, but I used the same personal statement to apply to the same schools, with a higher LSAT score, and they didn't even seem to notice. YMMV. You can definitely use the same recommendation letters, if they're severely out of date (years) though you may want to get one new one.

As for PowerScore, they're usually very good. What happened with your class? Was it the teacher or the material? If it was the teacher, then try Testmasters. The material will be almost identical, but I think with a 99%ile requirement, you can only pull a bad teacher so many times. I also think there's an advantage to already knowing the material. When I did Testmasters, I had already gone through the Powerscore Bibles and it really helped me hit the ground running with regard to the class and appreciate some of the more nuanced aspects of LSAT taking.

Of course, a good private tutor who can coach you through the entire test and spend time working with you up until test day would be best. But, for most people this is prohibitively expensive. If this is not the case for you, and you can find a teacher with good reviews and a good reputation, then I say go for it. Remember, this can change your life, and the costs you incur now have the potential of saving you a ton of money and heartache in the future.

Good luck!

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:17 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:
Yes, there are. General rules are that you stick to the topic offered in the headline instead of your personal opinions on the issue. If you have a personal opinion on the issue, then you create this same topic and place it in the Lounge topics.
Hahahaha I just saw this. I wish that was really a rule, then you would have to stop posting about legal employment

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:30 pm

options.
A). pay a few thousands for a chance at a shitty law school.
B) use that cash to pay for tutoring or courses to help you get your score up so you are able to attend a real school.

If you don't answer this correctly then you probably would make a shitty lawyer.

edit: I would like to add that I also got on this site initially asking about a TTTT law school, and was bombarded by the same messages. I thank God that people told me to not do what I was about to do.

If you are dead set on going to one of these schools then there's only one situation that is semi-excusable, and that is if you have a job waiting for you and you get a hefty scholarship.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:01 pm

You idiots deserve to get fleeced.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NR3C1

New

Post by NR3C1 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:49 pm

Desert Fox wrote:You idiots deserve to get fleeced.
I believe that most of these AAMPLE/TTTT dudes will never be in a position to pay their law schools debts in full. So, in a way, you and I are also getting fleeced.

Mike12188

Silver

Post by Mike12188 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:02 pm

anybody taking aample or advocating for it is clearly retarded.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:05 pm

Mike12188 wrote:anybody taking aample or advocating for it is clearly retarded.
And it's not just one poor choice.

1) Too stupid to get a decent LSAT score
2) Wants to attend TTT
3) Willing to pay money for a chance at paying sticker at said TTT

Three strikes and you are out.

Wily

Bronze

Post by Wily » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:10 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:anybody taking aample or advocating for it is clearly retarded.
And it's not just one poor choice.

1) Too stupid to get a decent LSAT score
2) Wants to attend TTT
3) Willing to pay money for a chance at paying sticker at said TTT

Three strikes and you are out.
Well, I think that's being a bit harsh. (1) leads to 2 and 3, if someone really wants to practice law but just can't break 150, he/she is basically forced to go to a TTT for full tuition. The real question is whether everyone who really wants to practice law "deserves" to do so. And in our society today, the majority vote (based on loan programs) still appears to be yes to that question.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”