Tulane Law School Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
trwilson99

New

Tulane Law School

Post by trwilson99 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:51 pm

Hi Everyone,
I was accepted to Tulane Law School last week and I was wondering a couple things. First, what's the general sense of Tulane? Due to the hurricane are admissions standards down? My understanding is that the school itself is largely unchanged. I was also awarded a pretty big scholarship, the "Dean's Scholarship" which was amazing and I'm thrilled. Should my quick acceptance and prestigious scholarship have any affect on my expectations from other schools? I applied to 18, so there are a lot left, but I'm optimistic now.

Ken

Bronze

Tulane Law School - still a good school

Post by Ken » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:11 am

Congrats on getting a hefty scholarship at Tulane Law School. While there is speculation that this year will be easier than others to gain admission to Tulane Law School due to Hurrican Katrina, it still is and will remain a well regarded law school that offers a good quality of life.

You can sometimes leverage scholarship money from one law school to another. For example, if you prefer to attend Emory Law School over Tulane, but received a smaller scholarship (or none) from Emory, you can call Emory and tell them that they are your first choice but you were hoping that they could match Tulane's scholarship. I have seen scholarship offers increased, for law schools are all competing for the same talented students and they will use scholarships to attract you. Note that private law schools generally have more flexibility on changing scholarship levels.

Given your great success at Tulane Law School, I anticipate good things coming in the mail over the next month.

trwilson99

New

thanks

Post by trwilson99 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Thanks for the info. I did apply to Emory, so we'll see what they say. I think I may prefer Tulane right now, but I will be visiting all the schools I'm serious about before deciding.

Do you think Emory is significantly better than Tulane? I'm impressed with Tulane's study abroad options, there seem to be quite a few more than the average law school.

eaters333

New

Re: Tulane Law School

Post by eaters333 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:15 pm

Is it not advisable to email tulane asking them when a decision is likely? I was planning on flying down there to visit but i dont want to waste my time. I have been complete for over a month with no change in my status.

Charles Barkley

Bronze

Post by Charles Barkley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:18 pm

eaters333 wrote:Is it not advisable to email tulane asking them when a decision is likely? I was planning on flying down there to visit but i dont want to waste my time. I have been complete for over a month with no change in my status.
I would not advise doing that.

You Gotta Have Faith

Bronze

Post by You Gotta Have Faith » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:21 pm

eaters333 wrote:Is it not advisable to email tulane asking them when a decision is likely? I was planning on flying down there to visit but i dont want to waste my time. I have been complete for over a month with no change in my status.

WHY? Why are you resurrecting these dead threads. This is FOUR (4) years old. Whoever wrote it is done with law school now, unless they took more than 3 years. Just... food for thought. Look at the dates on these things.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”