Help! Application Question: Traffic Violations

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
NKreLaw

New

Help! Application Question: Traffic Violations

Postby NKreLaw » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:23 pm

I got a speeding ticket (not super speeder) during UG. I went to court to pay the fine...and that was that. It is not on my Driving History Report from the DMV. I do plan to disclose it in my applications that ask for traffic violations, the problem is: I don't really remember when it happened. I believe it was in 2014, but the month/day eludes me. Is there a way to find out when it happened OR will it matter if I don't know the exact date but still disclose that I got a ticket during that year? HELP!

QContinuum

Re: Help! Application Question: Traffic Violations

Postby QContinuum » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:40 pm

I would try to track down the details. You will need those details down the road for bar C&F - might as well do it now, when you're (relatively) less busy. Do you remember which court? There must be some record somewhere, even if it's been expunged from your Driving History Report.

theoryworksco

New

Re: Help! Application Question: Traffic Violations

Postby theoryworksco » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:36 pm

See if you can remember the season. Was it summer weather? Do you remember if you had school or were you between semesters?

But if all you remember is the year, just put that and move on.

“In 2014, I received a ticket for a moving violation (speeding) and a summons to appear in court. The judge thought I looked like a decent enough fellow and was willing to let me off with a warning if I promised to never do it again.” Done.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum?