C&F..old man who can't remember any college violations

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
wolfewolfe

New

C&F..old man who can't remember any college violations

Postby wolfewolfe » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:13 pm

So I graduated from undergrad btwn 5-10 years ago. Filling out C&F on apps and I seriously can't remember if or when I was ever written up for a trivial offense housing violation/drinking/etc. There's a significant chance I was, but am forgetting. I know that sounds crazy, but it's been a while. I reached out to my undergrad institution about getting hold of my conduct record, but apparently they destroy ALL records upon graduation. I've combed my college email back to freshman and sophomore year, looking for some kind of footprint of a violation/disciplinary action, and have found nothing. I've asked friends, they weren't helpful, just amused that I'm asking about whether or not we got caught/written up for drinking beers in our dorm when we were 18, which seems like an eternity ago. I'm in favor of disclosure and total transparency! But in this case I have nothing tangible to report. Just foggy memories...what to do?

Miss Trial

New

Re: C&F..old man who can't remember any college violations

Postby Miss Trial » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:32 pm

I think you should get a letter from the college you went to saying they destroy records upon graduation, and then write a C&F letter saying you believe you might have gotten written up for X but you cannot recall, and your college destroyed the records, and here is the letter from the college confirming their process.

dvlthndr

New

Re: C&F..old man who can't remember any college violations

Postby dvlthndr » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:25 pm

There should be some way to contact the school and request this info for your own use. If you find the right Dean/Administrator (i.e., the same one that you normally would submit the dean certification request to), they should be able to check the records and tell you if anything will show up on a formal report.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�