Resumé - Withdrew from school

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CoolHouse

New

Resumé - Withdrew from school

Postby CoolHouse » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:44 pm

If I transferred out of a university after one year and have one year worth of non-punitive withdrawals on my transcript am I required to include that school in my law school application resumé? Or should I just include the school I went to for 4 years that granted me my degree?

The Lsat Airbender

Bronze

Re: Resumé - Withdrew from school

Postby The Lsat Airbender » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:48 pm

I'd leave it off of a normal resume but many law-school applications have specific instructions to be very inclusive. Do what the application says. Definitely makes sense to omit for applications that aren't so picky.

nixy

Gold

Postby nixy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:10 pm

You can put whatever you like (or not) on your resume, as long as you include whatever the school asks you to include. You have to include that info in your application where it asks about previous schools attended, so law schools will have that info, but you don’t have to put it on the resume unless they tell you to.

CoolHouse

New

Postby CoolHouse » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:31 pm

nixy wrote:You can put whatever you like (or not) on your resume, as long as you include whatever the school asks you to include. You have to include that info in your application where it asks about previous schools attended, so law schools will have that info, but you don’t have to put it on the resume unless they tell you to.

Yeah it isn't that I am trying to hide it or anything because transcripts are submitted from all undergrad schools. It's just that I feel it would make my resume look a bit crowded and/or messy by including another undergraduate school that I withdrew from after one year with no GPA.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum?