Legal market

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lauradunn687

New

Legal market

Postby lauradunn687 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:38 pm

Hi everyone just wondering how does the legal market and law school admissions look right now? I looked at law school about a decade ago but that was during the disaster of the Obama regime when the economy was in the toilet so everybody was applying to grad school. I have a pretty good job now but at the same time I still have an itch to go to law school and am wondering what the law school admission process looks like now- I know that the economy obviously is great under President Trump and all the great work that he’s done with the economy, but does that mean that there’s a lot less law school applicants , and is that the legal job market I’m sure is very strong too. Looking for further details thanks

cavalier1138

Platinum

Re: Legal market

Postby cavalier1138 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:01 am

This seems like a very weird pro-Trump trolling attempt, but I'll try and treat it as a real post...

What kind of job do you want? What salary do you envision making? Where do you want to go to school? The legal hiring market is picking up, but there can always be another downturn. If you actually want to be a lawyer, then there's no way to predict when that might happen. All you can do is ensure that you go to a school with decent job placement for a price that won't leave you stuck in debt if things go south again.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum?