The Interview Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Doutrinador1

New

The Interview

Post by Doutrinador1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:57 pm

I´m from Brazil and i will apply this year (or the next).

I have a doubt about the interview, the interview of the internacional students are made online? by skype or something?

If yes, how is it? i´m curious

thanks for everything.

QContinuum

Re: The Interview

Post by QContinuum » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:31 pm

Law school admissions interviews are held online, or over the phone. I'm not aware of a single law school that conducts in-person interviews (even for domestic students).

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:35 pm

QContinuum wrote:Law school admissions interviews are held online, or over the phone. I'm not aware of a single law school that conducts in-person interviews (even for domestic students).
Northwestern and Vanderbilt did when I applied, but only if you were in town (or in Vanderbilt's case, if there were alumni in town).

Regardless, most schools don't even interview, OP. Those that do absolutely use Skype.

QContinuum

Post by QContinuum » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:38 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
QContinuum wrote:Law school admissions interviews are held online, or over the phone. I'm not aware of a single law school that conducts in-person interviews (even for domestic students).
Northwestern and Vanderbilt did when I applied, but only if you were in town (or in Vanderbilt's case, if there were alumni in town).

Regardless, most schools don't even interview, OP. Those that do absolutely use Skype.
Ah, I stand corrected (did not apply to NW or Vandy).

But in any case, OP won't be treated any differently than the vast majority of domestic applicants, who'll all do Skype interviews. (I recall Harvard had an option for a phone interview if there was difficulty with Skype, but Skype was the "default" method.)

Doutrinador1

New

Post by Doutrinador1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:26 pm

QContinuum wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:

Ah, I stand corrected (did not apply to NW or Vandy).

But in any case, OP won't be treated any differently than the vast majority of domestic applicants, who'll all do Skype interviews. (I recall Harvard had an option for a phone interview if there was difficulty with Skype, but Skype was the "default" method.)
Thanks! can i made some doubts i have to you inbox?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Auxilio

Silver

Post by Auxilio » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:53 pm

I'm not trying to be rude, but I just want to note that if I were you (going off the incredibly small sample size of two short posts) I would find some way to spend a good amount of time in an English speaking country before attending (at the least try to move a few months earlier). If you are coming in as a JD (which is what it sounds like) any language impediment is going to be very rough when you start since it's all on a curve.

Doutrinador1

New

Post by Doutrinador1 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:00 pm

Auxilio wrote:I'm not trying to be rude, but I just want to note that if I were you (going off the incredibly small sample size of two short posts) I would find some way to spend a good amount of time in an English speaking country before attending (at the least try to move a few months earlier). If you are coming in as a JD (which is what it sounds like) any language impediment is going to be very rough when you start since it's all on a curve.
Thanks! do you have another tips?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”