Gap year after undergrad-casual reading recs? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dwhite90999

New

Gap year after undergrad-casual reading recs?

Post by dwhite90999 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:42 am

The title says it all, my GPA isn't stellar but isn't horrible (3.3), I majored in theoretical mathematics and had a higher major gpa (3.5), hope that will help if I can feasibly state that in my addendum. I took the Nov LSAT and don't think I did well enough for the schools I'm interested in, taking the June 2019 one. I plan on working maybe as a financial analyst or credit analyst, but would like to read a lot of good books over the year before I attend law school. Not necessarily law related, but just cool books. I feel like I missed out on casual reading during undergrad, I like books like Ishmael by Daniel Quinn and Oblivion by David Foster Wallace. If you have any reading recommendations related to law, law school, the books above, or completely unrelated that you read during your gap year or wish you would have read then, please comment below! Thanks for the feedback.

Sampson521

New

Re: Gap year after undergrad-casual reading recs?

Post by Sampson521 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:38 am

Some books I have enjoyed:

Omnivore’s Dilemma (Pollan) and Eating Animals (Safron Foyer). Transformative books about the ethics of food and eating meat.

Letter to a Christian Nation (Harris) and God is Not Great (hitchens). On religion and morality. If you enjoy I’d add more Harris.

Red Notice by Browder. Exciting book about Russia and making money and Putin. More a fun and recent book.

First two grouping changed how I live. Last one was more interesting and exciting. Nothing whatsoever to do with law.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”