Does LSAC save your application? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
whatlikeitshard2020

New

Does LSAC save your application?

Post by whatlikeitshard2020 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:10 pm

I'm applying to the JDP this upcoming spring and if I don't get accepted I'm going to be applying to law schools in the fall. I just want to make sure before I begin the process, will LSAC save all of your application materials to be resubmitted months later (LOR, PS, etc.)? Thanks!

QContinuum

Re: Does LSAC save your application?

Post by QContinuum » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:16 am

You might want to call up LSAC and ask. But in any case, even if you could do it, I don't think it's the best idea to use a year-old LOR anyway - you never know if your recommender might include something that'd no longer be accurate or relevant after a year goes by. Wait for next fall before asking for LORs.

As for your other materials, I'm not sure why you'd want to upload them to LSAC's database now. If you're paranoid about losing your PS or CV, you can save a copy in your Gmail, where it'll be backed up on Google's servers. (You'd need to update your CV anyway, to include whatever you end up doing between now and next fall.)

whatlikeitshard2020

New

Post by whatlikeitshard2020 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:34 am

QContinuum wrote:You might want to call up LSAC and ask. But in any case, even if you could do it, I don't think it's the best idea to use a year-old LOR anyway - you never know if your recommender might include something that'd no longer be accurate or relevant after a year goes by. Wait for next fall before asking for LORs.

As for your other materials, I'm not sure why you'd want to upload them to LSAC's database now. If you're paranoid about losing your PS or CV, you can save a copy in your Gmail, where it'll be backed up on Google's servers. (You'd need to update your CV anyway, to include whatever you end up doing between now and next fall.)
I wasn't planning on uploading them right now, I was planning on uploading everything around April-May-ish since thats when the due date is for the JDP, but it was on my mind so I thought I'd post it right then when I was thinking about it. But okay great, thank you for the advice!

UVA2B

Gold

Post by UVA2B » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:39 am

LoRs definitely are saved from what I remember. If you reapply, you should submit a new PS, resume, and maybe additional LOR depending on what you do in the interim (mainly if you take multiple years and do something where you’d have someone who can speak to how well you did in whatever you were doing).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”