letters of rec format Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Shelby

New

letters of rec format

Post by Shelby » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:59 pm

Hi everyone,

I am filling out applications, and I have a question that might be really stupid. For address of our recommender, if they are a professor, can I just put the school as an address or should I get their actual home address?

Thanks!

JDAdvisingLLC

New

Re: letters of rec format

Post by JDAdvisingLLC » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:09 pm

There are no stupid questions! It's great that you're being so detail oriented. That being said, supply the school's address including your professor's specific building and office number. Realistically, you probably don't have access to their home address and professors probably won't expect or want LSAC mailings going to their home.

Be sure to keep your professors informed of where you are in the application process as it relates to them. Let professors know when they can expect an email soliciting the letter and when you are hoping to have it done by so that you can submit a complete application.

Good luck!

Shelby

New

Re: letters of rec format

Post by Shelby » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:11 pm

JDAdvisingLLC wrote:There are no stupid questions! It's great that you're being so detail oriented. That being said, supply the school's address including your professor's specific building and office number. Realistically, you probably don't have access to their home address and professors probably won't expect or want LSAC mailings going to their home.

Be sure to keep your professors informed of where you are in the application process as it relates to them. Let professors know when they can expect an email soliciting the letter and when you are hoping to have it done by so that you can submit a complete application.

Good luck!
Thank you so much!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”