Why unranked schools fail student's? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Sarahamelia

New

Why unranked schools fail student's?

Post by Sarahamelia » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:07 pm

I've been researching law schools to apply to and i see alot of people talking about third tier and unranked law schools. So far this is what I found out:
1. The grading curve is low so students lose scholarships
2. Low GPA means it's harder to transfer
3. Bad job prospects

But I saw someone say unranked schools fail alot of people and sometimes no one gets an A in a class. I don't understand why they want to fail people?

I haven't graduated or taken the lsat yet. I was thinking of staying at home and going to the law school in my town but it's unranked and I didn't realize how bad it was...So I guess I won't be applying.

Excuse typos at work and don't feel like editing

BrainsyK

Bronze

Re: Why unranked schools fail student's?

Post by BrainsyK » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:46 pm

If they let people graduate, those people go on to take and (probably) fail the bar, which risks the school's accreditation.

QContinuum

Re: Why unranked schools fail student's?

Post by QContinuum » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:35 pm

Sarahamelia wrote:I haven't graduated or taken the lsat yet. I was thinking of staying at home and going to the law school in my town but it's unranked and I didn't realize how bad it was...So I guess I won't be applying.
What's your GPA? Unless you have something in the 1.x range, you should be able to get into a T1/T2 school with a good enough LSAT score... and the LSAT's a very learnable test.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”